Any Multiracial Scottish Families?

(2 Posts)
kimsimpson Fri 18-Mar-16 12:23:58

Hi! I'm a mum of one mixed race girl and we live in a town called East Kilbride in Scotland.

Just wondered how many other families on here there were who have mixed race children, I would love to hear from you. Especially if you live in villages or towns.

You might be interested in some of my photography featuring mixed race girls and their mothers, I photograph themes of identity and race often as a personal exploration topic which was inspired by a hellish year of racism in my daughters primary school (now thankfully over). I wondered the effect that this might have had on her self forming identity, so embarked on this project which was really worthwhile.

Alice1209 Wed 15-Jun-16 21:49:10

Hi

I live in the south side of Glasgow too and I'm pregnant with a boy. I am a bit concerned about bringing up mixed race children in Glasgow (Scottish/Nigerian) and even contemplated moving down to London for a while. Beautiful pic! And very sorry to hear of the racism your daughter has experienced. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now