Cornrows - how can I make them last longer?

(6 Posts)
spekulatius Thu 28-Jan-16 23:22:48

I've read on here that a silk cap should be worn at night but my DD1 won't leave it on. Especially the ends don't look nice after a week anymore. And what can I use to moisturise her head? I usually use coconut oil but it takes so long to soak in. TIA

twilightcafe Sat 30-Jan-16 19:22:18

Would a silk pillowcase be a better bet. That's what I use at night.

SavoyCabbage Sat 30-Jan-16 19:28:11

How old is she? My dd sleeps in a silk hat because she is old enough to understand that if she doesn't her hair is like a lion's if she doesn't. She even wears it on sleep overs and school camp. If she doesn't wear it, her hair is painful to manage so she wears it out of choice really

spekulatius Sat 30-Jan-16 19:40:34

She's 3. No, she doesn't accept that she has to wear it. Screams and runs off. Will try a pillow case. It's a shame, otherwise her hair looks messy after a few days. I wish I could do different styles myself.

twilightcafe Sat 30-Jan-16 20:55:08

My DD has tight spiral curls and there is no way she will sleep with a scarf on her head!
I plait her hair at night into two loose plaits with either coconut oil, or a little bit of hair cream like Mizani or ORS; and either put it into a bun or two cornrow braids.

twilightcafe Sat 30-Jan-16 20:56:50

DD had short hair until she was about 4 because I'd had enough of the screaming at hair time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now