I'm White/British, Partner Nigerian

(7 Posts)
BeeXxX Thu 05-Nov-15 02:17:03

Hiya smile. Is there anyone else with a Nigerian man? Do you ever struggle with any cultural differences?? I've been with my fiancé for two years and we have a 17month old and a 9 week old x

BeeXxX Thu 05-Nov-15 22:28:07

?

NKFell Tue 10-Nov-15 18:01:57

I'm sure other folks on here will but this area is always quite quiet so you might be better off posting somewhere else like Relationships.

Also, I'm sure other people will relate with cultural differences smile

Heyitsholly Sun 13-Dec-15 22:58:12

I am. I find thier parenting style can be quite different. My dh was also hands off to begin with. But seeing as his family all have nannies and the dads do nothing i can ser why he thought that way. Took him a while to get used to being so hands on but hes a great dad.

I love the differences in cultures and that my lo will be bi lingual

MrsO501 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:48:00

Hi I also struggle with the cultural differences, it is exactly as Hey says above. My DP has been very hands on since our DS was born but he seems to be going against the grain. His family all have nannies and can't seem to understand why I don't want one. Also I am not going back to work until DS is one and MIL is finding that hard to understand she thinks I must be "bored" by now!
The cultural differences are many and varied and hard sometimes but I have found that being direct with MIL about what I think helps, she seems to respect that! So glad you started this topic OP.

truthwithin Tue 26-Jan-16 01:28:50

Nigeria is pretty big and parenting style can vary. Which are is the father from?

Mamaka Sun 28-Feb-16 14:55:49

My dh not Nigerian but African, differences in parenting style have become quite difficult for us. Don't quite know how to get over some of the differences tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now