Mixed race relationships

(10 Posts)
sammy90 Fri 11-Jul-14 22:47:07

Anyone feel like talking to another mum about anything please contact me PM or openly smile

Tryharder Thu 17-Jul-14 20:53:54

What do you want to know???

GirlWithTheLionHeart Thu 17-Jul-14 20:58:34

Sup

VampireSquid Thu 17-Jul-14 21:13:28

Hey.

sammy90 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:22:28

Hey mums welcome, how is everyone doing?

sammy90 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:36:03

Tryharder.

I just wanted to talk to other mum in general but wanted mums of mix race relationship so on this thread they could feel open to voice they concerns, that other could relate to aswel. As there is too much hatred in this world for someone going with the opposite race, ex specially if you are white and going with the black man. Hated among whites and black people not to say all black and white people are bad, but there definitely is in the high class society. Plus amongst every talk like foods,cultural,etc.

Elfina Thu 17-Jul-14 21:37:13

That's a shame - I've not really experienced that. Do you want to say more?

sammy90 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:49:14

Well depending on what area u enter with your children for example Chiswisk, some white people would look at me with disgust. When I enter another area some people wonder how's my child going to have any black in them expect skin colour. I'm not a single mother I could pick a better father for my children to teach them about his cultural we at soul food I deal with a children hair neatly as I see on multicultural families a lot of threads saying how to deal with hair and how to cream a baby etc, then someone wrote a thread when just having a baby that they now don't think they can deal with the racasim they might endure and how will they protect their child from it. When someone gets into a mixed relationship it's gotta be expected because for me I feel time may have moved on small bit in this country from salvery. But not as much people make it out to be its everyone's here but we still hate u.

VampireSquid Thu 17-Jul-14 22:03:32

I'm sorry to hear that. I live in a very multicultural area of London, I haven't experienced much outright racism recently...when I was a child, it was a different matter. My parents are Syrian (I was raised here since I was a kid though) and it is mainly relatives from that side which I've had trouble with. DH is white...his family can be a bit weird about some things (but they mean well, not that that helps much...) but they like me, I like them. My mother was already distanced from her family after divorcing and marrying my stepdad, but she always made sure I stayed in contact with them, and when I told them about DH, they were vicious. Most of them won't talk to us and DH feels shit as he thinks it's his fault (for what? Being white?) when of course it isn't at all. The ones who haven't cut us off make pointed comments and I have chosen not to talk to them as I can't bear it and neither can DH.

sammy90 Fri 18-Jul-14 20:08:24

Well that's what happens with nasty people I had to cut my own mother off because she can bear the fact that I'm not with a white person so god knows how she thinks she can accept my children. Family's are sometimes Worst then the public. which I now unfortunately have none now. It's crazy but I'm happier without them in my life. Can't deal with these nasty comments or things that aren't sincere. We just gotta focus on our children and bring them up the right way.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now