ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Anyone with a Chinese DH/DP/ex?

(6 Posts)
Ghirly Mon 12-Aug-13 10:36:07

Hi everyone

I'm having a few problems with my daughters father. He is Chinese.

He also has a son with another girl and he is making it blatantly obvious that his son comes first, he gets lots more time with his dad than my daughter gets. (And that's just the start)

I just wondered if anyone has experience of this? Is it cultural?

Thankyou

Tasmania Sat 17-Aug-13 16:55:55

Cultural.

Boys are little buddhas in China. The whole world knows what used to happen/still happens with girls...

Ghirly Thu 22-Aug-13 08:29:49

Thanks for replying.

It's very sad for my daughter. I hate it.

blueshoes Thu 22-Aug-13 08:42:28

Is your dd's father from mainland China or just ethnically Chinese?

There is a traditional cultural preference for boys in China but modern adults should have moved away from that significantly.

mozzarellamummy Sat 31-Aug-13 21:27:43

My dp is chinese, he loves our daughter to bits, but at times it's really hard between us, we've different ideas about everything and he easily loses his temper if I don't agree with him.. I'd be glad to know somebody's else experience..I find this relationship a real head ache and heart ache, but I care about him .. sad

superoz Sat 07-Sep-13 00:27:48

I experienced this a lot with the older generation but it depends on your dp's upbringing.
I know my df had a big thing about boys - my dd and nephew are similar in age but he has never shown any preferences and treats them both equally.
Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now