Calling all Egyptians/Muslims!

(5 Posts)
giveitago Wed 03-Jul-13 20:34:41

Lampeter (St David's University) is nearby Aber - it has a university with an Islamic studies dept and when I was there (OK- over 20 years ago and they were setting up the dept) all the students were from overseas- there may be places that sell halal meat to cater for the students.

raisah Sun 23-Jun-13 23:03:33

You shouldnt have too much trouble as they are both university towns so will have Muslim students & lecturers. Have a look online for details of mosques, cultural centres & halal shops. My local Asda & Tesco stock halal meat but I am based in London buy definitely browse on line to find out what the local facilities are. There also maybe an Egyptian cultural association nearby.

Dreamstoreality Sun 23-Jun-13 22:16:49

Hi.

My hubby is Egyptian and spent Ramadan here in the Uk last year. We printed off the prayer timetable from a local mosque so he knew the correct times but did not attend the mosque as he was working shifts.

I don't fast but supported him and he managed alhamdullilallah. The fast is a lot longer here in th Uk in summertime but you do not have the heat to contend with.

Sorry Im not from those areas so can't advise you on where to buy halal locally but you could try an online supplier like

www.saras.co.uk/

Hope this helps xx

KeepTryin Fri 21-Jun-13 23:01:43

Is there a mosque in the area. He could go to mosque to break his fast there?

Hello everyone

We are a mixed British/Egyptian family spending Ramadan in the UK for the first time.

We will be staying with our non Muslim family and don't have any links with local Muslim communities. We will be splitting our time between the Cambridge/Ely area and Aberystwyth. Tips on good places for halal meat, and any sort of community activities would be great.

I won't be fasting this year for health reasons and neither will DD (she's two) so I'm feeling a bit worried about my Egyptian husband who will be spending his first Ramadan outside Egypt and fasting alone. I'm not as big on cooking as my mother in law for a start!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now