Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

What racial mix are your family?

(68 Posts)
lollypoplady Fri 19-Nov-10 10:39:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PonceyMcPonce Tue 04-Jan-11 11:14:42

Dutch/English/Welsh

Blue eyed red head
Green eyed blonde
Brown eyed brunette

Have resulted. Varied but not exotic

swanriver Tue 04-Jan-11 11:36:09

Jewish, Nordic, Welsh, Norman, oh and bit of German. I am Irish by nationality, but very Anglo-Saxon English in origin, Dh is German. There are all sorts of other bits thrown in there too! But sadly no red hair.

Komondor Tue 04-Jan-11 13:33:44

English, Welsh, Scottish and distant Jamaican. Great great grandmother was a mixed race Jamaican, and married and Englishman in Jamaica, and moved to Liverpool.

Marabou Sun 09-Jan-11 22:32:11

Finnish, Eritrean, Ghanaian smile

LBsmum Sun 09-Jan-11 22:36:04

English and indian here, sounds perfectly boring compared to most of you lot

TinyPawz Wed 12-Jan-11 22:19:34

White Irish (me), Black Zimbabwean (exH) = Gorgeous DD

josephineamy Wed 19-Jan-11 21:17:14

I'm half English, half Scottish, with freckles and strawberry blonde curls. My husband is Turkish with Arab heritage, he has quite almond shape eyes, darkest brown, quite dark skin and wonderful thick, dark hair. DS has lovely light brown hair with red highlights (Mum's love his curls), dark eyes and Mediterranean colouring. He's gorgeous

ConstantVigilance Tue 05-Apr-11 21:30:06

I am white English and my DP is Brazillian, we have one DD. She got
DP's lovely olive skin and big brown eyes.

confusedperson Thu 02-Jun-11 14:24:33

My DSs are mix of Eastern European (me) and Kenyan (DH).

PlinkyPonk Thu 02-Jun-11 18:18:46

Husband English and Irish and I have 1 Chinese / African parent and 1 Portuguese/African Parent. DC are pale with very light brown hair and perfect blond highlights, not to mention blue eyes but DP and I both have pain old brown eyes and hair!

dina75 Sun 12-Jun-11 15:57:37

I feel very boring! I am Bengali and my DH is Welsh... our 4 yr old DS is amazing at theatre - I say he gets the singing from his Welsh genes, but his dance moves are pure Bollywood! grin

royaljelly Mon 20-Jun-11 00:31:19

Is there enough space..?

Myself: I am Nigerian / English . I have half-sisters who are Philipino / Nigerian and 1 who is English / Scottish.
I also have cousins who are , American / English, Nigerian, and Pakistani / white, Japanese / Nigerian.

My Partner is English / Irish and my ex Partner is English / Welsh. I have children by both of them.

There are probably a few other cultures thrown into the mix but my family definately has a broader view on the world than most!

tigercametotea Mon 20-Jun-11 01:13:26

I'm half-Malaysian, half-Singaporean Chinese. DH is mixed Dutch, German, Italian blood on his side, though with him being South African, might even have a bit of coloured blood thrown in (you never know, what with these things being concealed a lot in the olden days in South Africa back then)...

royaljelly Mon 20-Jun-11 01:29:41

tigercametotea My ex's Father worked in South Africa and Nigeria. It's a small world when you think about it.

shitmagnet Mon 20-Jun-11 02:13:45

DH is English/Scottish, I am Hungarian/Russian/Polish. DC are very hard to pick, and look nothing alike (ds has very dark skin, and dd is peaches & cream with red hair hmm).

tigercametotea Mon 20-Jun-11 13:17:03

royaljelly, it is a small world... especially if you also consider the 6 degrees of separation theory! btw wow... what a diverse family you have!

soymama Mon 20-Jun-11 15:37:10

I'm english/American/Irish and my dh is argentine/Italian, so our beautiful son is Heinz 57!!!! grin

JackieFazal Thu 30-Jun-11 21:00:29

wow what a lot of culture smile

my little one was born in England but has a mixed culture of: indian/kenyan (my other half) and seychelles (my culture). However his aunties are from learning arabic and the culture from Lebanon smile. He has the full whack at the moment

I am 1/2 German 1/2 English and my DP is 1/2 black Guyanese and 1/4 Welsh and 1/4 English. Our beautiful DS is a lovely mix of all of the above, white skin, light Brown eyes with a dark Blue ring around the Brown, which he got from his Guyanese Great Grandad, long dark lashes, wavey light brown hair and his Dads nose smile

goingtoexplodesoon Sun 26-Aug-12 01:51:20

Mine are half-Welsh (my side), a quarter Dominican and a quarter Israeli. Odd mix I know, but they all look beautiful (compared to ugly old me at least) and we have great holidays visiting his relatives. What makes it even weirder is that he spent three years of his life in Bali, Indonesia, and then lived with his step-father in Moscow, until going back home to Dominica. Family holidays are never to boring places! It's also great because the kids know Welsh (I like teaching them, and it was acually a first language, I come from North Wales), Yiddish, Hebrew and Russian.

3littlewomen Sun 26-Aug-12 02:03:30

I am 100% Irish, downtown the dark hair and blue eyes bestowed on us by the Spanish armada. DH is half white english and half guernsey French. One of our DD looks like a true Irish coleen, the other is the Gallic image of the petit filous girl!

comixminx Sun 26-Aug-12 08:51:33

Hi OP, I am half Brazilian (though not half-Japanese like your DP): my mother's grandfather was a Potiguá Indian. So there's a bit of the same ethnicity as you're looking for! I think that makes me one-eighth Brazilian Indian, and my children one-sixteenth so.

misslala1987 Mon 03-Sep-12 18:00:09

im white british with welsh,german,danish ancestory and my other half is black british with jamaican and dominican heritage, our 3 gorgeous amazing children are all of that! smile

My DCs are Finnish Laplander (known as Sami, my family own and farm reindeer) and a quarter Swedish, quarter Northern Irish. Two of them were born in London though. It's a very odd mix.

justhayley Tue 01-Jan-13 10:20:59

I'm half black Caribbean half White English, my partners parents are both White Irish, he was born in the UK. Our DS looks totally White although he hasn't got much yet you can tell by the texture of his hair that there is a little black in him (although he's blonde)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now