What racial mix are your family?

(68 Posts)
lollypoplady Fri 19-Nov-10 10:39:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RuthChan Fri 19-Nov-10 18:20:32

I'm English and DH is Japanese.
Our DCs are therefore half the same as yours!

pinkmagic1 Sat 20-Nov-10 23:18:14

What a wonderful mix, I bet she is beautiful. Not the same as yours but mine are half English and half Egyptian with a bit of Russian thrown in on my side and a bit of Tunisian on their Dads!

hester Sat 20-Nov-10 23:30:28

Sorry I can't help! We are a relatively bog standard mix of white UK, black Caribbean, Jewish and Irish...

lovemybabyboy Sun 21-Nov-10 12:11:15

very interesting mixes here, but we are very boring, me= white irish, DH=black african(gambian) and DS= mixed both of us! smile

motherinferior Sun 21-Nov-10 18:25:31

My mother is Indian, my father is Anglo/Scandinavian (I have deceptively white skin, though, so you would not 'get' my origins). My partner is half Bangladeshi, half English.

Dolittlest Sun 21-Nov-10 18:28:25

I'm white British (parents Irish), DH is black British - heritage is Jamaican, Guyanese and Portugese.

My mum is remarried to a Britsh-born half Polish-half Spanish Jew, and one sister is married to a Spanish guy, the other an Iraqi guy - dinner round ours is like a UN convention!

sarah293 Sun 21-Nov-10 18:31:10

Message withdrawn

Chattermatter Tue 23-Nov-10 16:18:02

I'm English and DH is from Nigerian descent. (He was born in the UK though)

rosieposey Tue 23-Nov-10 16:24:12

Im half Irish half English, I married an American when i was 19 and had my two eldest DD's who are half African American and my 3rd DD is half Greek Cypriot.

My DS is a blonde haired blue eyed dead ringer for his Irish Grandad. Its nice he got blue eyes though as i have blue eyes and DH has green all of my girls have brown eyes. Its nice for one of my babies to get blue eyes like their mum!

mouthinfoot Tue 23-Nov-10 18:09:57

My eldest 3's father is german/british and I am cuban/carribean.

Sariska Tue 23-Nov-10 18:17:09

Oooh, OP, I am part (OK, a small part) Canadian Indian. The rest of me is mostly British with a distant dash of German and Irish for good measure. DH is British-born but his family hail from the Indian subcontinent. Our DC look Meditteranean (SP).

Rindercella Tue 23-Nov-10 18:20:14

I'm white British, DH is black British (Jamaican descent).

rosieposey Tue 23-Nov-10 23:16:29

I forgot to add that my Grandfather was half Russian! Apparently my Great Grandmother was quite a famous Russian pianist.

brimfull Tue 23-Nov-10 23:21:04

my side is scottish
dh family is south african 'coloured' ie. mixed indian/black/white

maypole1 Wed 24-Nov-10 08:29:36

i am black British my husband is white nor then Irish

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 24-Nov-10 13:32:08

Well DH is Bangladeshi ethnically and I am half Turkish and Half English.

dinkystinky Wed 24-Nov-10 13:36:09

I'm indian, DH is english - both kids look like mini-mes of their dad (even down to the blue eyes)but have got my smile.

Nefret Thu 25-Nov-10 10:08:20

I am English and my husband is Kurdish from Turkey. A lot of people from Turkey say our girls look very Kurdish, although they have my brown hair colour rather than my husband's black hair. They have his brown eyes though but in a lighter shade. My oldest DD has my husband's curls and my youngest DD has my straight hari so they really are a mix of both of us.

Rinnyx Mon 29-Nov-10 16:14:50

I'm a mix of English, Spainish, Italian and Irish and my DP is full Chinese tho a BBC (Brithsih born chinese) and we have a 8 yr old DD and DS who is 3 weeks tomorrow

giveitago Sat 11-Dec-10 18:36:20

I'm English, Indian and French and my ds is all that and Italian (father Italian). DS looks like he's from sandinavia.

His mix is what makes him british in my opinion.

mizu Mon 20-Dec-10 15:21:35

DH Sudanese and me English = beautiful dds smile

marriednotmulled Mon 20-Dec-10 16:12:54

What great mixtures here!

I'm half white English (with a dash of Welsh somewhere) and the other GPs were Mauritian and Bangladeshi.

DD has all that combined with Jamaican and Guyanese. Her hair is curly but more like mine in texture so people assume she is part Indian.

DS has white English for his other half. Is frequently mistaken for other darker Europeans (Italian, Spanish etc). On holiday, Turkish people though he was local and couldn't understand why he didn't respond to them smile

I'm throwing another combination into the mix: German and Moroccan.
DD got my blond hair and her dad's big brown eyes

twopeople Tue 04-Jan-11 11:11:20

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now