Will my 7 year old son like malificient?

(8 Posts)
Mond Fri 30-May-14 09:14:06

Hi

Has anyone seen malificient?

I'm taking my nine year old daughter to see malificient this morning.

Is it for boys too?

Shall I book a ticket for my son age 7 as well ?

Answers ASAP please,,,!!!

Thanks

PecanNut Fri 30-May-14 18:47:00

Sorry I can't help you now but I'm interested in the answer - did you take your son and was it suitable?

Thanks!

Angie1978 Fri 30-May-14 18:53:19

We saw it yesterday (dd7 and ds4) they liked it and I thought it was quite good.

It's along the same lines as oz the great powerful so very shiny and things flying about.

There's fighting and a big dragon so has something for everyone.

I do think if you have young children it might be a bit scary in 3d, mind we never do 3d as ds can't keep the glasses on!

meditrina Fri 30-May-14 18:58:44

Yes, take him if he's OK with fairy tales and fantasy.

It's far less wet than many retellings.

EatTheRude Fri 30-May-14 19:12:47

I took my 6 year old DD today and we both loved it and she didn't find it scary. Her only complaint was it had copied Frozen in one part.

PecanNut Fri 30-May-14 19:15:43

Great to hear some feedback on this.

I'm thinking of taking a couple of DS's 6 year old friends for his birthday treat - they don't seem like kids who'd be scared but I'm thinking I'll need to check with each parent beforehand.

Mond Fri 30-May-14 22:58:23

Hi yes we went. Ds7 enjoyed (although I think he would have preferred to be watching Godzilla!) but he still liked it.

Watch the trailer, lots of boys battle scenes and creepy creatures and a fiery dragon at the end. But girly as well.

A bit of a lull in the middle but I enjoyed and so did dd9

PecanNut Fri 30-May-14 23:49:48

Sounds great fun and I think my DS would like it.

Do you think it might be too scary for some 6 year olds though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now