How scary is Maleficent?

(10 Posts)
snugglyteddybear Wed 28-May-14 18:34:47

Has anyone seen it yet? Meant to be taking my 10 & 6 yr olds tomorrow, is it very scary?

Thanks

CSIJanner Wed 28-May-14 23:25:55

I've just been - fantastic! There were some bits like the nitial army fight scene and then the final showdown but other than that, I wouldn't say it was especially if you're going in the daytime. My friend brought her 7yo to a late evening showing tonight and she really enjoyed it.nly needed hugs in those two sections really.

snugglyteddybear Thu 29-May-14 15:09:22

We're just back from seeing it, 10 yr old ds loved it 6 yr old dd hid her face for a few bits but enjoyed it overall.

I wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews but actually thought it was pretty good.

Johnogroats Thu 29-May-14 15:14:13

Is it good for boys as well as girls? Mine aren't keen, but I quite fancy going!

snugglyteddybear Thu 29-May-14 16:19:55

My ds wasnt keen either, he was convinced it was a 'girly' film, he really enjoyed it, probably more than dd.

Show them the trailer on youtube. Theres a fire breathing dragon and battle scenes, its really good.

stoopstofolly Thu 29-May-14 16:21:15

Just back from seeing it with 8 yo DD and friend who were transfixed. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would as well. And there's no singing.

Lovecat Fri 30-May-14 13:28:04

My 9 yr old DD really enjoyed it. I LOATHE Angelina Jolie but I liked this film, it was really well done. The only scary bits were the battles and even then they were over quickly. Whoever played young Maleficent was brilliant.

SPOILER ALERT
Is Disney finally getting it about the 'love at first sight' and 'a man is all you need' tropes? The true love's kiss here had so much resonance with the one in Frozen. I also liked the fact that the Prince questioned whether he should actually kiss a woman who was asleep and couldn't consent to it!

LittleOldWineDrinker Wed 16-Jul-14 20:14:44

Sorry to dig up an old thread but thinking of taking my almost 5 year old to see this in the holidays. Will I traumatise her?

LadySybilLikesCake Wed 16-Jul-14 20:16:56

I wouldn't, LittleOldWineDrinker. The fight scenes are quite violent, the scene where she loses her wings is heartbreaking.

Madeyemoodysmum Fri 15-Aug-14 23:38:36

My 6 yo and 8 to liked it. The wings sence is rough but bad stuff happens. Can't shield them forever. Its a very good film. And jolie is perfect.

The toddler in it is her real daughter. Image of Mr Pitt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now