Anyone seen Frozen? Suitable for 3yo?

(40 Posts)
omama Sat 14-Dec-13 13:59:39

Was thinking of taking ds (3.4) to see Frozen but unsure if will be suitable.

He LOVES Tangled, but is scared when Mother gets old & we have to fast forward that bit. Obv can't do that in a cinema!

Has it got any bits that are likely to scare a 3yo?

FeckOffCupofMulledWine Sun 22-Dec-13 17:53:27

My 3 year old enjoyed it but I missed the big plot twist because she needed a wee.

I don't get how the ice guy said the trolls were his family when you see him as a child along with human adults at the start though?

SantasTessTackle Sun 22-Dec-13 20:52:22

FeckOff I think he was an orphan and just tagging along at the start.

The trolls took him in when they found him spying smile

We went today and really enjoyed it. It was different, some good twists and really enjoyable. As an adult I really enjoyed it. I watched the trailer and thought it looked boring but actually the film was really good and DD, aged 8 and a total Disney fan said it was the best film she'd seen.

FeckOffCupofMulledWine Sun 22-Dec-13 22:55:41

Thanks,that makes sense. I might go to see it again in a couple of weeks at the cheap community cinema that gets films a month behind everywhere else and make DH take charge of toilet breaks and removing smarties from the tube this time so I can concentrate grin. I really enjoyed what I did see, I missed having songs in all the pixar films, the songs in frozen were brilliant.

PatriciaHolm Tue 24-Dec-13 22:28:43

We went today and the cinema was packed! We all enjoyed it, especially Dd when she spotted the ice queen was voiced by the original Elphaba from wicked.

Hedgehog80 Tue 24-Dec-13 22:32:37

Dd2 4 loved frozen

So much so that she insists on watching the song 'let it go' at least four times a day and has to sing along and mimic every move elsa makes whilst wearing her elsa dress we got from tesco.

She adored it and sat still through the whole film.

poorbuthappy Tue 24-Dec-13 22:37:05

Fecking awful film.
Can't believe the same studio made Tangled which is brilliant.

CalamitouslyWrong Tue 24-Dec-13 22:47:48

My 4 year old adored frozen. He was totally engrossed.

DH and I thought it was good too. DH didn't even have a nap! grin

FeckOffCupofMulledWine Tue 24-Dec-13 23:33:13

Hedgehog80 Santa has just delivered a parcel that looks very much like it might contain an Elsa dress for my DD I hope she is as thrilled with it as yours.

We really liked it (DD, 10, DS2, 13 and me, 40something) Maybe it's because they were older, but they liked the ambiguity and the fact that the two girls essentially rescued themselves without the need for a big hero and it nicely twisted the 'True Love' trope. I did come out with the urge to watch Tangled again though.

TheseAreTheJokesFolks Wed 25-Dec-13 00:50:04

We liked it, me (42), DD1 (11) DD3 (3)

me: they're singing again
DD1: Elsa's got ISHOOS
DD2: MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me: another about you...

saw in 2D though - 3 year old AND 3D on again off again glasses a la eric morecambe? erm, no

fgrin

TheseAreTheJokesFolks Wed 25-Dec-13 00:51:01

enough about you

[tired jokes]

TheCraicDealer Wed 25-Dec-13 00:54:07

I don't have kids so can't comment on the original question, but I loved the fact that they completely sent up the "love at first sight" plot that was central to early Disney films. Good show, although too many songs IMHO.

applecrumbleandcream Fri 27-Dec-13 18:26:57

Dd (6) and myself both loved it.....can't get dd off Youtube watching Let it go. Songs were lovely and I had a tear in my eye.

littlecrystal Mon 06-Jan-14 15:24:49

Went to see with 3 kids in 3D. My goddaughter (8yo) loved it. My DS1 (5.5yo) loved it. DS2 (3yo) was scared of some bits and preferred watching without 3D glasses but sat quietly and loved the singing. I loved it though found Elsa’s sexualization and the last kiss unnecessary as in family movie concept.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now