Blue Jasmine - so good, so very good.

(11 Posts)
nkf Tue 08-Oct-13 20:53:26

Please come and rave about with it me.

Murdermysteryreader Tue 08-Oct-13 20:55:36

Yep, loved it. Wondeful portrayal of characters, and relationships. Beautiful San Franscico back drop - I loved it. But it was sad and I was glad I was feeling happish about my life when I watched it.. if you know what I mean. If there was conflict in your life it would be a v hard watch.

nkf Tue 08-Oct-13 20:57:27

Oh good. I thought the performances were flawless. Even the minor characters. It had real charm as well as tragedy. And New York in the 80s. Pitch perfect.

MirandaWest Tue 08-Oct-13 21:04:37

I saw the trailer and was unimpressed but maybe the actual film would be better?

nkf Tue 08-Oct-13 21:10:16

The trailer is unimpressive, but the film is very very good indeed.

nkf Tue 08-Oct-13 21:11:30

If you like Woody Allen that is. It's Woody Allen but a very very good one. And, oddly enough, one without the "Woody Allen character."

nevergoogle Tue 08-Oct-13 21:14:08

great film. but then i love woody allen.

obviously woody allen isn't in it, but you can hear him in the neuroses and anguish of many of the characters.

the man's a genius.

mizu Thu 10-Oct-13 21:13:06

I was planning to go and see this today on my day off - a blissful trip to the cinema alone. Then checked the times and it started at 1 blooming 40. No chance of watching it as pick up DDs at 3.15 sad

I thought the trailer looked good and I love Cate Blanchett.

Davros Sat 12-Oct-13 12:46:25

I live Woody Allen but I did not like this film. It is beautifully made with fantastic acting but I found it quite unpleasant. There us not one likeable character in the whole thing, a little humour but not much. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

howtoboilanegg Sun 13-Oct-13 08:05:39

Saw it last night and despite what I thought was a shaky start, I loved it. Much better than expected. It is a bit sad, because you are seeing a woman in a breakdown, but very very funny in parts. I loved the bit where Cate Blanchett and her sister met up with Chili and his mate.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 11-Dec-13 21:53:14

Super film. Cate Blanchett brilliant.
I felt her 'sister' overacted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now