Django

(23 Posts)
Oopla Sat 25-May-13 23:16:42

Tell me about it...

MultumInParvo Sat 25-May-13 23:19:15

Jamie fox is hottttttt in it.

BOF Sat 25-May-13 23:19:37

It's great, but I had to close my eyes at one point. I also didn't like Tarantino's abundant use of the N word. But overall, it's a really good movie, and the beardy guy is a proper character.

MultumInParvo Sat 25-May-13 23:21:08

I really enjoyed it actually, although it is VERY bloody.

The music in it is good too.

Jamie fox is fiiiiiiiiit grin

MultumInParvo Sat 25-May-13 23:23:01

Yy beardy guy played August in water for elephants I found out recently. I knew I knew him from somewhere. Extraordinarily good actor. Not as good as Jamie obviously.

It was an amazing film but I have to admit if I'd have known more about it I probably wouldn't have chosen to watch it, but then I would have missed out because it was excellent.

Very harrowing with Quentin Tarrantino brutal violence but also an amazing love story. I'm glad I watched it but am still thinking about some scenes months later.

bootsycollins Sat 25-May-13 23:36:59

Best film I've seen for ages, fucking masterpiece. Perfectly casted, Look out for Samuel L Jackon playing a very convincing old man.

It's bloody and violent but it's not for shock value, it's all relevant to the story and like Tarrantino says a lot worse shit actually happened. I had to close my eyes at one point and it's really sickening to think that the methods of punishment were actually real tried and tested back in the day. The soundtracks ace and you'll love Christopher Waltz's character. Top drawer performances from Di Caprio and Fox, random fact the horse that Jamie Fox rides in the film is actually his own.

I really loved this film when I saw it at the cinema and I've borrowed a copy from a friend to watch tomorrow if I get a chance.

bootsycollins Sat 25-May-13 23:37:41

*Christopher Waltz is beardy guy

Oopla Sun 26-May-13 07:50:13

Watched it lastnight. Still blown away. Tarantino is just incredible.

Yes loved Dr Shultz!

I don't think they could have made it without the N word really.

Some of it was pure genius. When dr Shultz is asking big daddy to tell the servants they must treat django like they would a white man, the confusion. I especially loved the dressage as the end- think he earned that moment grin

Oopla Sun 26-May-13 07:50:54

What else would we have seen Christopher waltz in bootsy?

Oopla Sun 26-May-13 08:41:24

Inglorious. Of course!

katykuns Sun 26-May-13 08:58:46

I absolutely adored Django. Waltz and DiCaprio were stunning performances. It's a film that will stay with you after watching. By far one of the best of Tarantino's works.
I found the last half hour a little disappointing though.

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 10-Jul-13 12:25:51

I seem to fall asleep in all Taratntino movies. The soundtrack was great.

susiedaisy Wed 10-Jul-13 12:33:44

It's on my to watch list

Lotsofcoffee Wed 14-Aug-13 15:31:26

Thought it was brilliant! Fantastic cast and some great laugh out loud moments. Wish the supporting Oscar could have been given to both Leo and Christoph! Could barely recognise Leo.

OKnotOK Wed 14-Aug-13 15:49:28

Bootsy

Seconded!

Fantastic film, another Tarantino classic.
The abundant use of the N word is entirely justified throuout the film.
It makes a change for a director not to shy away from contriversial language and violence inflicted on people in the recent past.

Awesome film

ElBombero Tue 22-Oct-13 23:01:01

Amazing film, very thought provoking and as with most tarentino's quite difficult to watch at time but utterly brilliant

stickysausages Thu 02-Jan-14 22:37:14

Late to the party... but just watched this.... Wow!!

One of the best movies I've seen, great cast, thought provoking...

LittleTulip Thu 02-Jan-14 22:38:42

It is very cool, stylish, very Tarantino and the soundtrack is also excellent! One of my fave films

stickysausages Thu 02-Jan-14 22:42:40

Soundtrack was awesome!!

Worst thing, scary thing... so much of it was probably true sad

Found the blood splatters quite comical tbh... very Tarantino!

Loved his cameo too!

LittleTulip Thu 02-Jan-14 22:56:03

I believe there's going to be a second one...

OMG. Just finished watching it. Samuel L is A-MAZING.

Hatetidyingthehouse Wed 06-Aug-14 22:09:25

Christoph waltz very good but I couldn't trust him because of inglorious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now