Anybody seen Gatsby yet?

(31 Posts)

I liked it!

wintera Wed 05-Jun-13 13:27:11

Maybe I might like the film then as I thought the book was way overrated.

BaconAndAvocado Sun 09-Jun-13 20:25:26

Thought the film was highly disappointing, although the costumes, sets and music were all sensational and very Baz Luhrman!!

NomDePrune Sun 09-Jun-13 21:29:28

Really liked it, but then I do love everything Baz has done. Only thing is, halfway through I realised that Carey Mulligan as Daisy was EXACTLY like a young Samantha (SATC) -
looks and accent. Then I kept wondering if Kim Cattrall was going to appear at the end, as Daisy aged 50. But she didn't. Sequel?!

NomDePrune Sun 09-Jun-13 21:30:13

Really liked it, but then I do love everything Baz has done. Only thing is, halfway through I realised that Carey Mulligan as Daisy was EXACTLY like a young Samantha (SATC) -
looks and accent. Then I kept wondering if Kim Cattrall was going to appear at the end, as Daisy aged 50. But she didn't. Sequel?!

Lotsofcoffee Wed 14-Aug-13 15:31:07

I saw it twice in the cinema. I know a lot of people found it quite boring and long but I loved it, especially as the book is one of my favourites. I though Baz did a great job capturing the glitz and glamour of the 1920’s and also the Daisy/Gatsby relationship. Leo was fantastic as always.

Joey8 Fri 16-Aug-13 17:26:33

ChewingOnLifesGristle - completely agree. I found the film very dissapointing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now