Anyone love tongue in cheek horror films, recommend me some

(32 Posts)
Toasttoppers Sat 06-Apr-13 16:53:40

I love ridiculous horror films, anyone else?

I have just watched Cockneys vs Zombies, last film Richard Briers ever made sad really enjoyed it

Dead Snow and Brain Dead were very enjoyable as well as total rubbish like Snakes on a Plane.

I do also watch sensible films but like a ridiculous gore fest, any recommendations welcome.

gconneely Tue 12-Nov-13 19:21:43

Hi I am currently writing my dissertation on horror films and I would really appreciate it if you could do my quick 7 question survey for me on trying to find out the scariest horror film of all time?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X87WGFF

your help would be muchly appreciated.

bootsycollins Wed 12-Jun-13 23:42:25

Dusk till dawn

inbloomin Wed 12-Jun-13 23:37:07

Drag Me To Hell

Dead snow. It's subbed but its so tongue in cheek , full of nazi zombies

bootsycollins Fri 17-May-13 01:51:52

Ooooh and that one with Ice Cube and Jlo Anaconda

bootsycollins Fri 17-May-13 01:45:31

The People Under the Stairs

Demons

Witch board

I love films that are so crap their good

piranha
zombie flesh eaters, especially for the zombie vs shark scene

BabyRuSh Fri 17-May-13 01:20:31

You should watch 'Teeth'! It's hilarious.

tigerlilygrr Fri 17-May-13 00:28:45

Old thread but saw grabbers te other night, 'twas very good!

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 08-Apr-13 20:14:43

I really enjoyed 30 Days. Loved the female lead.

Brain Dead was the follow up to Bad Taste so you weren't wrong. grin

Toasttoppers Mon 08-Apr-13 10:13:14

It was bad taste, no idea why I got it mixed up. I have always wanted to see a film again called blood diner, was ridiculous.

The one film that actually scared me was 30 days of night, so claustrophobic and the noise the vampires made.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sun 07-Apr-13 20:34:58

Bad Taste - I think it was Peter Jackson's first film.

I also thought House of Wax was hysterical, but I'm not sure if I was supposed to. confused

MTSgroupie Sat 06-Apr-13 19:41:02

Old film but highly recommended. Michael Keaton in Beetlejuice.

Toasttoppers Sat 06-Apr-13 19:15:42

Seen Zombieland, how I love Woody Harrelson in that. I had to explain what a twinkly was to DH. Saw first two Evil Dead films will try the third. Has anyone else seen Braindead? Peter Jackson directed it before he was famous.
Thanks for the recommendations, I also love monster movies and bought a copy of Them! That was the first monster horror type of film I saw.

One of my favourite films of all time is The Thing, I even bought and quite liked the remake.

infamouspoo Sat 06-Apr-13 18:04:49

Dale and Tucker vs Evil. Hilarious twist on teenagers vs hillbillies. Full film on youtube

JakeBullet Sat 06-Apr-13 18:02:59

Try "The Frighteners" which is hilarious but gets darker as the film goes on. Love it.

There is a hilarious one which was made in New Zealand and involved zombie sheep. Think it was called Black Sheep.

JoinTheDots Sat 06-Apr-13 17:21:28

The Evil Dead 2 and 3 classics!

NumTumDeDum Sat 06-Apr-13 17:20:20

If you want full on 70s cheese try Love at First Bite with George Hamilton in it. I watched Cockneys v Zombies the other night, it was so bad it was good. It sort of wanted to be Snatch crossed with Sean of the Dead.

starsandunicorns Sat 06-Apr-13 17:18:27

Valatine it has david boranzance in brill kills too

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 06-Apr-13 17:15:20

"I bought a vampire motorcycle" and "Chopper Chicks in Zombietown" are, er, lightweight.

yellowcrayon Sat 06-Apr-13 17:15:04

Trick 'R Treat is very tongue in cheek. And the Scream films of course. I need to get out more...

Minminbel Sat 06-Apr-13 17:11:42

'The Cabin in the Woods'. I knew nothing about it, but loved it. Not so much tongue in cheek but very funny lines, and great for playing spot the reference. Properly scary too shock

yellowcrayon Sat 06-Apr-13 17:09:57

Ooh yes to Cabin in the woods..scared of unicorns now though.

SqueakyCleanNameChange Sat 06-Apr-13 17:08:57

Cabin in the Woods - must see for anyone who really enjoys their horror.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now