Rise of the guardians

(11 Posts)
bruffin Sat 15-Dec-12 13:37:13

It's about what happens if you dont believe , so no dont think it will shake their belief.

AndrewMyrrh Sat 15-Dec-12 13:28:35

Was thinking of bringing my 5&7 year old to see it. They are still avid Santa and tooth fairy believers though, so not sure if this is going to raise questions / shake their belief?

Can anyone help?

Saw it in 3D yesterday. 9-15 year olds all loved it; sister and I loved it; dp hated it. Not sure for a four year old, but agree that the animation is beautiful and in 3D it was absolutely magical to look at.

bruffin Sun 09-Dec-12 16:37:50

Its a beautiful film. I went with my teenagers and dh, but agree the "baddy" is very dark and a bit scary

BeeBawBabbity Sun 09-Dec-12 16:21:40

Just watched this with my kids (10, 8). I loved it. The animation is spectacular (the sand!), and the message is believe in yourself and others will believe in you, which is a good one. For me it's second only to UP as far as Disney/pixar/DreamWorks films go.

Perhaps a little dark for very young kids.

sesw Wed 05-Dec-12 22:44:28

We went. He had one nervous bit but with parents either side explaining things, he had an absolute ball. Great film from parents perspective too!

Jamesdawn Mon 03-Dec-12 05:25:40

I am sure this movie is pretty good. I watched its trailer and i really like it.

sesw Sun 02-Dec-12 21:46:42

Thanks both. Very helpful. Will do a bit more research tonight

Cherrypie32 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:18:22

I saw it with my 4 (nearly 5yo) DS this afternoon. He enjoyed it but then he is quite brave compared to some of his friends. The main characters are all quite 'dark' really in terms of their animation, he isn't a jolly, smiley Santa for instance and their are some horses (the 'nightmares') that wouldn't be out of place in Lord of the Rings. Nothing he was watching worried me and all the other children there were around his age.

We saw a trailer and it looke fairly dark and scary tbh.
Dh said he'd read a review in empire magazine I think and they seemed to think it was quite scary.

Maybe check out bbfc for what makes it a ph rathe than a u?

HTH smile

sesw Sun 02-Dec-12 09:29:54

Anyone seen this?
Is it suitable for a just 4 year old who has a cold and doesn't want to go the play park and just wants to sit in the warm watching a film?

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now