Movies where you did not see the twist coming? CONTAINS SPOILERS

(72 Posts)
VforViennetta Mon 26-Nov-12 01:42:31

Any examples for me to watch?

I didn't see the twist in the usual suspects coming, also the orphanage, any similar films?

bruffin Fri 11-Jan-13 19:21:18

I hadnt read the book of One Day and i jumped out of my skin and knocked my glasses off.
I got sixth sense a minute before the reveal.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 11-Jan-13 19:33:30

YY trills - I have still never seen the sixth sense, but the adverts and knowledge there's a twist is enough to guess it.

Memento is a good one.

zippy539 Fri 11-Jan-13 19:44:57

Another vote for The Game - the only film I've ever seen that left me reeling, plot-wise.

FairyJen Fri 11-Jan-13 19:48:36

Agree old boy is an absolutely brilliant film but it is a bit weird/twisted

FairyJen Fri 11-Jan-13 19:49:22

wallison the corridor scene was filmed in one continuous tale which I found impressive!

< geek >

BarbieDahl Fri 11-Jan-13 19:52:44

When i read the book 'we need to talk about Kevin' the twist at the end (the fact that her husband was dead and yet she was writing to him)) totally floored me but in the film it didn't come across at all.
I was so disappointed.
Otherwise yy to
The Others
Usual Suspects
Shawshank Redemption (when he rips the poster off the wall)

ByTheWay1 Fri 11-Jan-13 19:56:28

Bridge to Terabithia got me - a kids film where a major child character dies out of the blue - the cinema was in shock - all these little kids watching.....

Shakey1500 Fri 11-Jan-13 19:56:36

Shawshank Redemption here also. Had never heard of it, stumbled across it late one night. I was totally lost in the film and honestly thought it had ended when the screen went black. Sat there and thought "ahhh that was a really well made film" and then it carried on.

I ended up on the floor, eyes glued to the screen and punched the air when it finished grin

Couldn't stop talking about it for ages!

NoGinorWine4Mu1berry Sat 12-Jan-13 16:12:51

I saw memento and thought it was rubbish!

drownangels Sun 13-Jan-13 16:40:42

When i read the book 'we need to talk about Kevin' the twist at the end (the fact that her husband was dead and yet she was writing to him)) totally floored me but in the film it didn't come across at all.
Thanks for that Barbie hmm
I am currently reading the book after seeing the film recently!! Might as well not bother now!

cumfy Mon 14-Jan-13 14:35:38

Another vote for Memento.
Life of Pi (book) has a very big twist, but don't know how it's represented in the film.
Mulholland Drive is one humungous twist.hmm

swanthingafteranother Tue 15-Jan-13 12:53:05

Up in the Air with man from ER whatsisname, when woman he meets in bar turns out to be married with kids. Brilliant and disquieting twist.
The Village..although watching it second time it was not scary at all once you kmew the twist, ditto The Others.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 15-Jan-13 16:55:10

George Clooney is who you mean smile. And I agree, didn't see that one coming.

MrsMaryCooper Tue 15-Jan-13 17:00:16

The Sixth Sense got me completely.

And The Usual Suspects.

Can't think of any others that have.

PoppyWearer Tue 15-Jan-13 17:05:24

Seven

The Others

tearsofrobertsmith Sun 20-Jan-13 19:47:28

The Village is a beaut! Love that film!

Cornsyilk99 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:55:34

Seven - god yes...that's a shocking twist

Signs has a good twist that ties everything up really well

Usual suspects is brilliant

Some radio DJ had talked about the twist from sixth sense before i saw it so I knew that one

I didn't find the twist in We need to talk about Kevin that shocking after everything that had already happened. Agree that the film was a let down.

Same with the boy in the striped pyjamas. The ending twist wasn't that shocking given the setting.

onedev Sun 20-Jan-13 20:00:59

Sixth Sense & The Village - didn't see either of those coming!

FruitOwl Tue 22-Jan-13 16:12:26

What about Dead Man's Shoes? I love that film and will never forget the first time I watched it. The way the story unfolds is just so absorbing and I thought about it for weeks afterwards. It is quite bleak though.

mellowdramatic Thu 30-May-13 23:44:38

I really enjoyed "the getaway" for the twist

mellowdramatic Thu 30-May-13 23:50:41

Try again - I really enjoyed "A perfect getaway" for the twist

The village, actually had to rewind it to see if I had missed something. Brilliant film though

Million Dollar Baby
Amazing film, could never watch it twice knowing the end.

MardyBra Fri 31-May-13 00:01:56

The Crying Game. Biggest twist ever!

joanofarchitrave Fri 31-May-13 00:13:36

I never see any twists coming, and usually don't understand them when they arrive.

The Usual Suspects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now