Requiem for a dream

(7 Posts)
Doshusallie Sun 18-Nov-12 21:46:32

Bought and watched this tonight on the basis of reviews from another thread.

Dh thought it was utter crap and was cross with me for spending money on it.

I thought it was very well put together, and the mother in it should have had an Oscar. Very depressing though.

Shakey1500 Sun 18-Nov-12 21:48:26

Not seen the film yet (I know it's ages old!) but absolutely love the soundtrack. Very haunting.

boogiewoogie Wed 21-Nov-12 22:34:23

Yes, very depressing and sad. All those "dreams" turned into nightmares. I don't think I could watch it again.

peggysuenotmarried Mon 03-Dec-12 19:30:04

The mother (Ellen Burstyn) was nominated for an Oscar but lost to Julia Roberts for Erin Brockovich. Travesty!

Rollergirl1 Thu 06-Dec-12 22:36:02

I saw it about 10 years ago. Is one of the most harrowing films I think i've ever seen. Absolutely amazing acting and soundtrack but could never bring myself to watch it again.

The Kronos Quartet did the music that eventually became the soundtrack to The Lord of the Rings. Astounding.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 02-Jan-13 13:57:14

i thought it was a really good film - harrowing in most parts but very well worth watching.

iridium Fri 14-Jun-13 19:14:39

Resurrecting an old thread for Clint smile

Clint Mansell composed the music for Requiem for a Dream - he is a friend of DP - Clint was in a band called Pop Will Eat Itself for a long time and then went off to do soundtracks after spending time with Trent Reznor. The stand out track from Requiem for a Dream was Lux Aeterna (the bit used for LoTR). It's been used for a million other things for tv inc the judges' walk-in music for X Factor for a few years. Clint says that he's made more money from that one track than everything else he has ever done combined. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now