Argo.

(19 Posts)

"Argos In Brummish In Wintertime" would be a jaw dropping spectacular in lurid technicolour and most certainlyan 18, BOF.

VestaCurry Tue 12-Feb-13 00:43:18

Really looking forward to seeing it. Also Zero Dark Thirty. The Hurt Locker was superb.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Tue 12-Feb-13 00:39:21

It was brilliant!!

BOF Tue 12-Feb-13 00:24:45

Ooh, I'm looking forward to this now.

I still think that you can't get a more depressing horror film than Argos though. Trauma at Collection Point B.

GretaGip Tue 12-Feb-13 00:23:51

Oh.

ChaosInDisguise here.

GretaGip Tue 12-Feb-13 00:22:55

Well, it appears The Bafta Boffins agreed wirh me! probably use MN to see what the men on the ground think

wink

nonpractisingVirgin Sun 13-Jan-13 21:06:08

Agree, so so tense yet funny and moving. Ben Affleck is one fine looking man

merlottits Thu 13-Dec-12 20:32:02

I loved it. Doesn't Ben Affleck wear a 70s beard well? I quite fancied him, strange as I usually neither fancy him or beards separately.

Real edge of the seat stuff. Brilliant.

drownangels Thu 13-Dec-12 20:29:04

I went to see it on Monday.
I loved it. I was aware of the seige but didn't really know anything else.
A compleatly impausable but true story.

Ben Affleck as Tony Mendez looked a lot like Dave Grohl!!

underthemountain Mon 03-Dec-12 13:24:57

I saw this the other day and LOVED it. So tense it was almost unbearable!

Khaterine Thu 15-Nov-12 15:42:00

I was born only in 1985 and I don’t know many details about the events of 79, but I can say that it is a very interesting story about an undercover operation to rescue six Americans who were taken hostage during the Iran attack and the solution of this problem consists in inventing a SciFi Hollywood film. The action of the film is more attractive because it is based on real events. I recommend it.

MsAmerica Wed 14-Nov-12 18:00:03

I liked it, too, although personally I don't think it was the tensest film I've seen. I think what made the tenseness work so well is all that real footage at the beginning where you had that frightening sense of the mobs.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 13-Nov-12 22:39:45

Well strictly speaking I can remember 1979, but was too young to take any notice of world events. I did read the wiki page about the whole thing the other night though so know the ending!

thenightsky Tue 13-Nov-12 22:36:18

Oooh good to see a positive review. I fancy seeing this. I might drag DH on friday.

I can remember 1979. <ancient>

Snap.
wink

Which is ace as I knew nothing about the whole thing.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 13-Nov-12 22:33:18

No, I'm far too young. grin

Just drop everything and go!

Do you remember 1979?

wink

VivaLeBeaver Tue 13-Nov-12 22:25:26

Trailer looks really good. Looking forward to this one.

Utterly edge of the seat stuff!

I wouldn't have pikced it to watch, but wnet with friends.

I don't think I have ever seen a film that has made me so tense.

I highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now