Argo.

(19 Posts)

Utterly edge of the seat stuff!

I wouldn't have pikced it to watch, but wnet with friends.

I don't think I have ever seen a film that has made me so tense.

I highly recommend it.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 13-Nov-12 22:25:26

Trailer looks really good. Looking forward to this one.

Just drop everything and go!

Do you remember 1979?

wink

VivaLeBeaver Tue 13-Nov-12 22:33:18

No, I'm far too young. grin

Snap.
wink

Which is ace as I knew nothing about the whole thing.

thenightsky Tue 13-Nov-12 22:36:18

Oooh good to see a positive review. I fancy seeing this. I might drag DH on friday.

I can remember 1979. <ancient>

VivaLeBeaver Tue 13-Nov-12 22:39:45

Well strictly speaking I can remember 1979, but was too young to take any notice of world events. I did read the wiki page about the whole thing the other night though so know the ending!

MsAmerica Wed 14-Nov-12 18:00:03

I liked it, too, although personally I don't think it was the tensest film I've seen. I think what made the tenseness work so well is all that real footage at the beginning where you had that frightening sense of the mobs.

Khaterine Thu 15-Nov-12 15:42:00

I was born only in 1985 and I don’t know many details about the events of 79, but I can say that it is a very interesting story about an undercover operation to rescue six Americans who were taken hostage during the Iran attack and the solution of this problem consists in inventing a SciFi Hollywood film. The action of the film is more attractive because it is based on real events. I recommend it.

underthemountain Mon 03-Dec-12 13:24:57

I saw this the other day and LOVED it. So tense it was almost unbearable!

drownangels Thu 13-Dec-12 20:29:04

I went to see it on Monday.
I loved it. I was aware of the seige but didn't really know anything else.
A compleatly impausable but true story.

Ben Affleck as Tony Mendez looked a lot like Dave Grohl!!

merlottits Thu 13-Dec-12 20:32:02

I loved it. Doesn't Ben Affleck wear a 70s beard well? I quite fancied him, strange as I usually neither fancy him or beards separately.

Real edge of the seat stuff. Brilliant.

nonpractisingVirgin Sun 13-Jan-13 21:06:08

Agree, so so tense yet funny and moving. Ben Affleck is one fine looking man

GretaGip Tue 12-Feb-13 00:22:55

Well, it appears The Bafta Boffins agreed wirh me! probably use MN to see what the men on the ground think

wink

GretaGip Tue 12-Feb-13 00:23:51

Oh.

ChaosInDisguise here.

BOF Tue 12-Feb-13 00:24:45

Ooh, I'm looking forward to this now.

I still think that you can't get a more depressing horror film than Argos though. Trauma at Collection Point B.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Tue 12-Feb-13 00:39:21

It was brilliant!!

VestaCurry Tue 12-Feb-13 00:43:18

Really looking forward to seeing it. Also Zero Dark Thirty. The Hurt Locker was superb.

"Argos In Brummish In Wintertime" would be a jaw dropping spectacular in lurid technicolour and most certainlyan 18, BOF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now