Life of pi

(7 Posts)
cornycatona Sat 10-Nov-12 12:50:15

The trailer doesn't look much like the book...anyone one else seen it?

BrummieBelle Wed 02-Jan-13 17:39:57

it was good but the 3D made me feel pretty queasy. DId that happen to anyone else?

glitch Wed 02-Jan-13 17:42:40

Yes, love the book and loved the film too. They stuck to the story and I was so afraid they wouldn't. Saw it in 2D rather than 3D so no sick feeling here.

Filmbuffmum Wed 02-Jan-13 17:46:01

Also saw it in 2D- can't see the point of 3D and hate wearing the glasses. I thought it was very faithful to the book, and the lead actors were excellent, good photography etc, I'm just not sure it actually added up to but it didn't really add up to very much (maybe because I had read the book and knew the ending). However I did read the book years ago, and although I enjoyed it at the time, I'm not sure it would stand up to a second read.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 14-Jan-13 13:46:15

haven't read the book but thought the film was amazing - more so because of the story but also I thought it was well acted, and the cinematography was stunning.

echt Fri 18-Jan-13 03:55:35

Loved the novel and the film, which I've just seen in 3-D.

Very good acting.

It's made me want to re-read the novel.

echt Fri 18-Jan-13 07:19:19

Changed my mind for two reasons.

1. Just re-read the end of the novel and now see the film explains the metaphor for the hard of thinking. Cop-out.

2. Now find out that Martell was "inspired" to write his novel after reading Scliar's "Max and the Cats", where a German-Jewish refugee sails across the Atlantic with a jaguar in his boat. This man was given a sentence of acknowledgement in the author's introduction. After Scliar had fronted him about, er... lifting his central conceit.

Mantell should die of shame. Wanker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now