Did anyone watch the goonies at the weekend?

(14 Posts)
Virgil Wed 15-Aug-12 18:54:02

Bizarrely I had been thinking about the Goonies even though I haven't seen it for years and years. I thought DS1 (7) might enjoy it but can't remember it well
Enough to recall whether it might be a bit scary. From my distant memory i think it would be ok. Any views?

It's a while since I've seen it but I don't think it's particularly scary

Virgil Wed 15-Aug-12 18:58:58

No I didn't think so but apparently in the US it's a 12 certificate

topsmart Wed 15-Aug-12 18:59:52

Hey you guys!
Love this film.

There's the bit where chunk gets locked in a closet with a dead body, and sloth is a bit startling at first - but all the funny/adventure bits distracted my 5 year old dd from this, she loved it.

cookielove Wed 15-Aug-12 19:04:43

I love this film, could watch it over and over again (and i can cause i own it) I agree with topsmart the part with the dead body is not nice, and the part with Sloth gave me the heebie geebies for years later even now i fast forward through that bit!! blush

EldonAve Wed 15-Aug-12 19:26:31

My kids 5 & 7 love it
they watched it on tv - we had it on VHS & it's PG
but the DVD is a 12 - apparently cos of the faked hanging in the beginning

Haribojoe Wed 15-Aug-12 19:28:01

My eldest DC (7 & 4) love the Goonies, the only bit they found frightening is when the boy and girl kiss grin

Virgil Wed 15-Aug-12 19:59:42

I might get it and watch it first. I'm pretty sure they'd love it smile

TheWalkingDead Wed 15-Aug-12 21:56:27

I love 'The Goonies' - brilliant film. I'd say it depends on your DS - does he watch things like Dr Who, because I think some of them are a bit freaky...well they freak me out anyway!

Hey you guys!!! I'm going to borrow it from my brother and watch it this weekend.

5madthings Wed 15-Aug-12 21:59:51

the goonies is a classic film! the 4 madboys love it! as do i grin

peeriebear Wed 15-Aug-12 22:11:00

One Eyed Willy used to freak me out a bit but on the whole it's fab grin a nice balance of peril and fun!

Gabeesh Thu 16-Aug-12 23:55:29

Truffle shuffle!!!!

That bit with the statue's willy used to make me laugh like a drain when I was about 7.

boogiewoogie Fri 17-Aug-12 22:28:04

I watched it the other day. DS (7) hadn't gone to bed yet so I let him watch it and he really enjoyed it too.It was probably my most watched and favourite film on VHS as a child.

On another note, does anyone think that Kerri Green/Andy (Brand's girlfriend) looks a bit like Emma Watson as Hermione Granger?

Glossynotflossy Sat 12-Jan-13 20:19:59

I love it. The fratelies still scare me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now