Drive

(10 Posts)
echt Wed 02-Nov-11 11:11:08

I'm guessing this another film which has surfaced in Oz before the UK.

Excellent first 10 minutes.

Music intrusive, annoying and heavy-handed in the lyrics department.

Astounding violence, especially when you consider so few guns are involved.

Ryan Gosling is bit yummy with his girly smile.

Not bad.

No - has been out for a while here but not that mainstream. I really enjoyed it although had to hide my eyes for a lot of it. Love Ryan Gosling.

titferbrains Wed 15-Feb-12 20:22:17

Just watched this on ipad last night and thought it was great. Owed quite a lot to taxi driver. Really enjoyed the less is more style, just a really beautiful looking film.

slalomsuki Tue 13-Mar-12 22:06:09

Fantastic film and the lack of dialogue made it I thought. Music was very good in my opinion and am considering buying the sound track.

Ryan Gosling is great and made for movies like this.

DeathByChocolate01 Fri 06-Jul-12 21:56:52

I watched this on Netflix the other day and really enjoyed it, one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

germyrabbit Sat 07-Jul-12 12:03:20

ooh keep on meaning to watch this!

nonpractisingVirgin Thu 24-Jan-13 22:14:39

Really liked it and the man is a fox. What do you reckon his back story was though?

discorabbit Fri 25-Jan-13 21:24:15

nice film, slick. i bought it on dvd so i could admire ryan gosling as it was such a change from the norm

i also really liked his bomber jacket

drownangels Fri 01-Feb-13 08:42:38

I watched this last week . It is a good film.
A review that I read described it as a modern western - the driver isn't refered to by name, he doesn't say much but he really protects those that he cares for albeit in a violent way and he drives off into the sunset.

Ryan gosling is great in this role as he is in 'Lars and the real girl' where his character couldn't be further away than the one he plays in this film.

kh19 Fri 01-Feb-13 17:48:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now