Which film do you wish you hadn't seen (not because it was crap)

(228 Posts)

I saw Fennel posted on the 'we need to talk about Kevin' thread saying she's just seen the film and wished she hadn't

I really wish I hadn't seen 'Seven' I found it really disturbing.

Any other films you recommend avoiding?

VforViennetta Mon 26-Nov-12 01:11:58

Quite a lot of "disturbing" films I have just found tedious, like SAW, human centipede etc.

I actually quite liked the first 2 Hostel films and sevenblush. My sisters walked out of Wolf Creek, I found it moderately disturbing.

Funny Games though eurgh, I hate that film, so claustrophobic and horrid, I hate any kind of home invasion type thing. I don't do rape very well either, Irreversible was awful, I think I actually watched it on ff, with my hands over my eyes for most of it.

Lilya4eva is brutal, as is Breaking the waves and Antichrist, I just don't really know what to make of Von Triers if I'm honest.

The ring (Japanese version) shit me up good and proper, especially because I watched it on my own, then went to go to bed and the dvd player decided to switch itself back on with a screen of static, brown trouser time grin.

Life is Beautiful is pretty disturbing, I generally steer clear of those type of movies.

The Orphanage was pretty heartbreaking, Mum and Dad was bizarre. Tony:Serial Killer was brilliant.

VforViennetta Mon 26-Nov-12 01:15:15

I thought Martyrs was pretty pants tbh, it bored the shite out of me.

Also the much touted "disturbing" film Haute Tension is a bloody blatent rip off of "Intensity" by Dean Koontz.

Actually Pet Semetary is actually much scarier and more disturbing than the shining, the film/book totally gives me the willies.

orchidee Mon 26-Nov-12 02:24:09

These films had a hopeless feel. Like someone already said, it's the lack of resolution that lingers:

Boxing Helena (storyline similar to Misery, but I found it worse.)

Kiss the girls. Just horrible.

Wolf creek. I don't tend to remember quotes from films but "head on a stick" urgh.

I haven't seen Sophie's Choice but have it on Tivo. So I think I'll delete that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now