A Novel Bunch - FlysInDreams book

(3 Posts)
FlysInDreams Tue 21-Jun-16 09:17:53

I chose this as I felt that it's an intriguing premise for a story. The book is about a woman's descent into madness as she writes a fantasy version of her life in an attempt to escape her increasingly depressing real one.

acsec Mon 11-Jul-16 19:54:53

I was engrossed the whole time. I felt for Edith and was saddened by how her life went downhill. Cliffie reminded me of the protagonist in The Catcher in the Rye. I liked the way Edith's descent into madness creeps up on the reader. I wasn't prepared for the ending though!

desperatelyseekingcaffeine Mon 12-Sep-16 13:58:08

I loved this book. Initially thought it was going to be her fantasy view of Cliffie compared to the reality but then realised she was slowly pulling away from reality. I thought all the characters were well crafted and all had flaws and redeeming features. I liked that it wasn't predictable at all - whenever I thought I knew what was going to happen I was wrong but without any clunky contrived twists. Great choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now