A Novel Bunch - JennyWreny's book

(3 Posts)
JennyWreny Mon 20-Jun-16 16:19:16

This is the thread to discuss the book I have chosen for the Novel Bunch book swap.

This book was recommended to me by a couple of friends after I had just finished reading the most recent book from this author. I had really enjoyed that book and both of these friends thought that the first book written by this author was the best, so I thought I'd give it a go and loved it.

jobnockey Mon 27-Jun-16 22:18:36

I haven't read any of this author's books before, I don't know why as I've often seen them, just not picked them out.
I found it had a lot of unlikeable but interesting characters but the story itself was a bit long winded. I enjoyed it more 'after the murder' but that was 300 pages in! not much actually seemed to happen to warrant such a long story. It has had really rave reviews elsewhere so maybe I am missing something, I liked it, but felt a bit 'meh' at the end. Will be really interested to hear what everyone else makes of it.

FlysInDreams Sat 17-Sep-16 21:46:33

I'd read this one a couple of times before, and it's probably my favourite by this author. However, I agree that the characters are unlikeable, but despite this, the main character falls under their spell and is led into the unthinkable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now