Reading between the Wines- Bertrand's book

(9 Posts)
BertrandRussell Fri 06-May-16 09:42:08

I do hope nobody feels shortchanged by how short this book is- I realized as I posted it that the chocolate was twice as thick as the book!

I love it because it is on the surface a bit of froth but has some profound things to say. And some waspish humour.

moocowmrs Fri 06-May-16 12:55:08

I love it Burt it's a fab choice, I read it many years ago but realised I can remember a thing ! I half way through and am really enjoying it !

moocowmrs Sat 07-May-16 10:12:43

Yeah finished ! Fantastic story with a lovely wimsikal feel, a jolly good yarn really that left me smiling x

RatOnnaStick Fri 24-Jun-16 23:22:08

I knew I would like this as soon as I saw who the author is grin. It's sort of comically sharp but whimsical at the same time with an unexpected ending which I suppose is what you'd expect really. I loved it. A joy to read from start to finish.

RatOnnaStick Fri 24-Jun-16 23:24:37

Unexpected expect - oops. I mean that the author wrote the story well enough to keep the end from me but he's a good writer so you'd expect it to be well-written with a good finish...

BertrandRussell Thu 04-Aug-16 15:11:02

sad that people aren't commenting- does every one hate it?

RatOnnaStick Thu 04-Aug-16 15:43:31

Fuckynell has your book, Bertrand. She's on holiday with it this week according to the chat thread.

BertrandRussell Thu 04-Aug-16 15:46:12

Oops- I'm just being needy blush

RatOnnaStick Thu 04-Aug-16 16:20:51

grin I think we're all a bit tardy this month though. I certainly am. My book is still awaiting completion of chocolate purchase before posting it (tomorrow I hope)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now