Reading between the wines - bookrocks book

(6 Posts)
mailfuckoff Thu 05-May-16 20:51:15

I tried to pick something a bit different. I enjoyed this book and would be interested to hear what others thought!

RufusTheReindeer Tue 17-May-16 22:47:25

I really enjoyed the book, i had read it before a long time agobut i re read it as i really enjoyed it the first time and i wanted to revist it. wink

Although i keep getting the title confused with a kids tv show which is a bit embarrassing when i tell my friends about what i am reading

Its a book that you need to fully immerse yourself in and slow down real life if you see what i mean grin

Its beautifully imagined and full of fascinating characters, i will be honest after the first few chapters where you are introduced to the main protaganists the book went in a direction i wasnt really expecting, thought it was going to be more a Battle Royale

Unusually for me i liked the majority of the characters and really wanted to see what happens to them and at one point i was much more interested in the children.

The book is full of intricate levels and fantastic descriptions. Its a beautiful world the author has created....but i think i might be a bit afraid to visit it

Its an excellent choice for a book club, lots to discuss once more of us have read it

mailfuckoff Wed 18-May-16 12:53:21

Its me - booksrock

Glad you enjoyed it Rufus :-)

BertrandRussell Sat 04-Jun-16 12:24:47

I saw it was magic realism and my heart sank! But I'm glad I have to read it- I hope it overcomes my prejudices! Watch this space...........

mailfuckoff Wed 29-Jun-16 15:28:48

So Bertrand, what did you think?

RatOnnaStick Fri 26-Aug-16 20:15:06

I have to say I'm really enjoying this book so far. In fact I read the opening chapter (with a couple of omittances) out loud to my two boys while they ate lunch and they were spellbound shock. That's never happened before grin. Ds1 said it was far better than Horrid Henry and as good as Dinosaur Cove. Now there's praise for you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now