Furquits - round 4 Lightshines Book.

(7 Posts)
itsatiggerday Sat 08-Jun-13 21:58:57

Oh I've had one of those dream days! We've been home and chilling all day and I've just devoured this. I loved it. So evocative and detailed but with a real story to carry me along. I've been a bit lost in C16 Florence and a bit vacant with DH and the children. So a perfect day with a book wink

Ragwort Fri 24-May-13 22:13:05

This was an interesting read as it was about a period of history that I knew nothing about so I felt I learned a lot (although rather too much detail on certain aspects blush - but I am a bit of a prude!).

Very easy to read. I liked the author's style and will make an effort to read her other books.

Pascha Mon 08-Apr-13 09:04:51

I loved loved loved this book, if I had time I would have read it in one go. The story flowed very well and was hugely interesting. I also knew nothing much about the bonfire of the vanities and Savonarola. I do now, it made me go look up more information about this period in Florence.

I like knowing the end at the beginning and working towards that in the book. It tends to keep my interest more if I know what eventually is going to happen.

I would definitely read this again.

Cersei Wed 06-Feb-13 16:07:49

I liked this one but found it a bit hard going to start with. It all came together in the end though. Another period in history that I know a bit more about now, even though I've been to Florence I never knew what the bonfire of the vanities actually was!

Lightshines, I also only got halfway through the book because I was reading too slowly and needed to send it on for the 1st of month.I actually loved what I read,bought a copy in secondhand shop and will finish it soon! I will then post a more informed report! It was my sept book I think and as I received 3 books together I needed to catch up quick.

Jas Mon 26-Nov-12 22:26:52

Lightshines - I am really sorry. I know I am the first one posting on this thread, but I have to admit I only got a third of the way through this book. blush

I am not sure why I couldn't stick with it - I have been picking it up all month, but it just didn't draw me in at all. I didn't dislike it, but just didn't make a connection with it at all.

T B o V by SD. Please discuss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now