Furquits round4 - mumofjustones book

(5 Posts)
Cersei Tue 01-Jan-13 09:47:43

A nice easy read, very much like Jodi Picoult. I enjoyed it, not too taxing and I would read other books by the same author.

I've just finished this book. It was simple and was quite promising at the beginning. However, the characters voices became very similar towards the end. I felt that a broader vocabulary could have been used for the adults. I also felt that the book raised many valid questions as to how characters could behave but none of these were fully explored.

Towards the end I gave up slightly as it wasn't meaty enough of a plot to keep going. It's a shame as it did have such potential.

The officer just letting go at the end and not fighting harder really annoyed me.

Overall it was a quick simple read that got me thinking about losing a loved one. I wouldn't read another book by this author but this one passed the time.

Jas Sun 26-Aug-12 23:27:55

This was an odd one... One initial reading of the back, I did not want to read it at all, but it is not what I thought it was. (I did read a large section of the end before going back to the beginning, so I knew what was going to happen blush)

It was easy to read, and I finished it in a couple of days. I have read a couple of Jodi Picoult books, and this is very similar in alot of ways. I wouldn't read another by her for that reason though.

Although the mother was very subservient, I found her very believable, as a woman who had been abused mentally and physically for many years.

simpson Wed 15-Aug-12 23:37:32

I totally agree, I found the mother pretty annoying tbh. But I did really enjoy the book and found it flowed easliy and read it very quickly.

All in all, a good choice!!!

Have enjoyed this book . It's not the type of book I'd usually read. I enjoyed the way it was written,and liked hearing the story from different peoples perspective.
The mother got on my nerves though. I couldn't believe how subservient she was and wanted to shake her to make her react in a more proactive way to her daughters disappearance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now