Of Mice and Maltesers 4 - aristocats book

(5 Posts)
aristocat Sun 20-May-12 23:46:51

I chose this book because I had simply seen so many good reviews recently and decided why not give it a try.

Hope you enjoy it smile

Dysgu Sun 24-Jun-12 16:28:35

I really enjoyed this book and read it very quickly. There were some really humorous bits that made me laugh and the issue was covered in an interesting, sensitive way. I kept hoping that the ending would be different from the expected one - and it was as expected - but I lived in hope right to the very end! I was really attached to the two main characters and wanted everything to work out between them.

Thought provoking - thanks for an interesting choice, aristocat

artifarti Tue 31-Jul-12 12:59:33

My heart sank a bit when I saw the cover of this book as it looked a bit chick-litty! I actually really enjoyed it though. The main character was very likeable and it was also a believable relationship. I thought it was a very honest ending, although sad; somehow a 'love conquers all' ending would have seemed a bit trite, I think. Thanks aristocat!

aristocat Tue 31-Jul-12 22:39:24

arti thats exactly (chick-lit) how I felt when I saw the book too. It was a pleasant surprise to see that its not.
Glad you have both enjoyed it and one I shall re-read myself -- if it makes it back to me ......

I also had chick-lit heart-sink when I saw this one, and I didn't like the blurb on the back. However, I did read it, and once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was an easy read, but thought provoking and believable. I loved that the ending wasn't trite. Thanks for this one,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now