Of Mice & Maltesers - chat thread for round four.

(113 Posts)

Remember to initial the book before you send it. Looking forward to reading this round of books.

Dysgu Sun 30-Sep-12 18:48:42

I have mail - thank you!

As for resting with feet up and time to read - hahahahahaha...

I am averaging 60 hours of work a week right now! Has got a bit silly due to change in senior management, reorganisation and a pending OFSTED - can only get better!

artifarti Sun 30-Sep-12 18:26:13

You've got mail smile.

OK, you should all have received an email from me now apart from SLF, because I just want to check I have the right address for Artifarti. Hopefully she'll come back to me later and then we can get going. I'm going to start a new chat thread for round 5, because there's a new posting order and it might get confusing if we carry this one on. I've still not made a final choice, but I'll need to decide tonight. I hate making decisions!

Let me know if you've not got an email from me, please, and I'll re-send.

Dysgu Sun 30-Sep-12 17:05:51

Sorry for holding everything up - but I have now sent my book details to AP.

stickylittlefingers Sun 30-Sep-12 15:50:20

thanks AP. Very exciting to be starting up again!

Sorry, folks. I was away last night, but we're all ready to go once dysgi sends me her choice. I will email you all later today with the addresses and choc preferences.

aristocat Sun 30-Sep-12 12:46:40

any news AP I have my book and chocolate at the ready ....

artifarti Sun 30-Sep-12 12:17:05

I guess we are not ready to post tomorrow?

Bump for Dysgu and JohnWorf...

Calling JohnWorf and Dysgu... Can you email your book choices for the next round please?

Hi everyone. It's a Glasgow holiday weekend, so I'm going away for a few days, but I will organise the next round on Monday night. I've only had two emails with people's next choice, so if you could email me over the weekend, that would be fab.

aristocat Sun 16-Sep-12 14:01:16

will be posting your book soon Dysgu smile

oh brilliant! Are we restarting on 1 October? And yes very happy with the rules.

artifarti Wed 12-Sep-12 14:16:33

These were the original rules:
No chicklit
No abuse memoir type stuff
No horror
No hardbacks

Auto/biography is allowed as long as it's not anything too obscure (or crap, obviously).
Also, no bestsellers/recent Booker winners etc. that people might have read.

Do these still stand for everyone?

Itsjusta and lolaladybird are going to rejoin us. Of the first lot of people, only buggerofsuburbia got back to me and she's gone over to the dark side - Kindle, not netmums wink

Is everyone else in? I think we need to be clear about the books to send - I think a lot of people had read some of the last round's books already.

artifarti Wed 12-Sep-12 13:39:06

No book here yet.

How are we looking for the next round AP - any rejoiners? I think I have chosen a book smile.

aristocat Sat 08-Sep-12 10:56:45

Thank you AP the book arrived today and I have never tried that chocolate before. Have read 2 books in the last few days because we have no broadband sad so can start this one immediately

artifarti Thu 06-Sep-12 15:05:12

Have sent you a PM.

Oh, yes please. That would be a great help. I can only ever remember vague details about anything, including the previous rounds. I know someone ended up with about four books and was never heard of again, but I can't remember who.

artifarti Thu 06-Sep-12 08:41:57

Hallo itsjusta and welcome back smile

AP - shall I email you the details of former people I think it's worth inviting back? (I realise that this sounds very bossy but I did end up with a small blacklist of people like the one who emigrated without telling us).

Thank you!

aristocat Wed 05-Sep-12 23:43:00

yes Itsjusta would be lovely to have you back on the team smile

Oooh!!! It's me - can I join again?

Lola asked to be told when the new round started (I am her FB friend also so I can keep tabs on her wink) so shall I give her a shout?

And obviously be careful not to pick any Cursed Books this time. I dunno, schoolboy error that.

aristocat Wed 05-Sep-12 10:29:54

yes, I agree email ex OMAMs and if not then keep it small. it has worked well except for that one book going missing a few times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now