Of Mice & Maltesers - chat thread for round four.

(113 Posts)

Remember to initial the book before you send it. Looking forward to reading this round of books.

aristocat Sun 22-Jul-12 14:56:16

No sign of it yet AP I have however ordered one from Amazon so hopefully I will get one or the other this week grin
shock that its the book that has already gone AWOL!

hello, aristo that is so annoying. I do hope you enjoy the book now. It is really really odd that it was the one that went missing before. It's not come back here either. I don't think I've ever personally had a parcel go missing before; I guess it had to happen sometime.

Anyway, hope you've all been enjoying the better weather

oh good grief, the thread for that book's gone missing too! shock Or was one never started? John Worf's book?

aristocat Sun 22-Jul-12 22:29:00

grin It is cursed .....

aristo it's come back here! It's got an undeliverable sticker on it dated 25 July. So, you now have it anyway. I'll try sending just the chocolate perhaps and see if that works!

Johnworf got hers back too! That means there are now three in circulation!

it is the Book that Cannot be Posted. How peculiar!

aristocat Sat 28-Jul-12 18:40:46

No SLF we were home on the 25th (first day of school hols for us) so no plans made ........... amazing that you have it back though!

Must admit I have not started the book yet, but not due to send it on to Dysgu until Sept (so plenty of time)

Hope we are enjoying the better weather smile

the irony aristo -they had your whole address, mine was just house name and postcode. Apparently that was easier? hmm Chalk it up to experience I guess.

Not long to the next posting smile

artifarti Tue 31-Jul-12 13:02:05

Ooooh, AP, I have Freedom on my pile so looking forward to that. Not much time to read here except that DS2 has suddenly started waking to feed loads more in the night hmm

aristo - have finished your book and posted on the thread. Aiming to post it on tomorrow slf.

aristocat Wed 01-Aug-12 10:52:11

thank you SLF the chocolate has arrived smile

SLF, have you posted to me yet? We've not had any mail all week (which is unusual). Our house is really hard to find, so I'm wondering if we've got a new postie and our mail is at the police station with a similar address. But I'd rather go and ask for something specific...

no - sorry I've got all confused as where I was in the posting schedule blush I will get it over to you soon as i can Agent. Sorry, am an eejit.

Don't worry - I was just concerned in case it had gone missing.
Has everyone else got the right book?

artifarti Mon 06-Aug-12 21:49:13

I haven't had a chance to post yet but hoping to tomorrow. Sorry!

No book here yet.

AP I posted yours 1st class yesterday so hopefully it's with you now, or will be tomorrow if not. arti will look out for it, no worries tho. I just got a pile of books out the library because of hanging out there with the girls.

Thanks, SLF. I've got it now. Unfortunately, it's another one I've already read. There's nothing more disappointing than opening the envelope to find out that you've read it. Lovely chocolate though. Thanks

I got mine today (thanks Arti!) and the chocolate isn't one I've ever had before! And the book isn't one I've read before so double whammy for me. Hopefully you won't have read this one either AP so will get it on to you asap, it looks like one of aristo's page turners smile The girls have got judo club tonight so that should give me a good session.

Dysgu Sat 18-Aug-12 22:19:04

Hi everyone - I am working my way througharti's book right now - she always picks a good one! It is quite a tome so hoping to be finished by the end of the month (which seems just around the corner with the end of the school holidays).

I am thinking of staying home tomorrow whilst DP takes the DDs out for the day - need to rest 'in my condition' grin

Hope all is well with everyone else.

artifarti Sun 19-Aug-12 09:56:44

Ooooh Dysgu - does that mean what I think it means?!

Dysgu! grin

AP meant to warn you, I sent through aristo's book on Thursday so hopefully you have it by now (sorry the chocolate's not exactly imaginative; we hadn't left enough time before the girls' judo class and I just picked the first thing I could see that wasn't Dairy Milk!)

Dysgu Sun 19-Aug-12 18:18:01

grin

yes, we have another DC on the way. It is VERY new news at the moment so I can only mention it on an anonymous forum as we have not said anything to anyone in rl. I have to make an app to do see the doctor but the plan is to carry this one to term (but hopefully the weather will get cooler as so hot and tired right now!)

hope all goes well Dysgu, you can tell your imaginary friends quite safely wink

artifarti Thu 23-Aug-12 11:35:38

Congratulations and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy Dysgu.

My reading is ridiculously slow at the moment and I haven't been able to start this month's book yet blush

aristocat Sun 26-Aug-12 00:26:26

congrats Dysgu smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now