Our "lovely" book swap is now closed again and off we go for 2011.

(490 Posts)

Just setting us up.

Are you thinking of your books that you might be putting in? I will have a look and post mine within the next few days. - I will try harder than my awful one from last time, that none of you liked. blush

ChickFlit Sat 01-Jan-11 13:38:34

Marking my spot - I'm here.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sat 01-Jan-11 14:14:03

Hmm will start looking for my choices also.

5ofus Sat 01-Jan-11 17:12:47

I'm here but on iPhone so it's a PITA to put a long reply! I'm planning to scout my bookshelves tonight for my three book options.

Hi

I've requested to join the facebook group but just realised that you won't know who I am - My initials are SC (I didn't see anywhere to put my mumsnet name when requested)

I will introduce myself over there and have a read

missy10 Sat 01-Jan-11 18:50:44

hiya im here place making as well i cant wait i have allready found my 3 books

jamaisjedors Sat 01-Jan-11 20:01:02

hello (btw it's partly my fault that things are held up - I received several books at once and read them in the wrong order - I should be ready to send off one though in a few days and will also return the Ivy Chronicles if everyone has had it.)

mdavza Sat 01-Jan-11 20:46:31

Hi there (wave). I'm going over to the FB group now and will have a browse. Just a quick question: do we send three books or just give the names of three?
I have a vahue memory of it being mentioned somewhere but please be patient, early wakings and too much wine..

I have just accepted a couple of people into the facebook page, perhaps you could introduce yourself over there with RL names and MN names. It is a closed page, so dont worry about anonimity over here in MN life.

I have also asked for a friend request, my initials are BB.

Mdavza, dont worry. We ask you to put 3 books on here, then if anyone has read any of them we have a chance to say. Then you just post 1 to the address I will give you, aiming for it to arrive by the beginning of February. You will receive one about the same time. You then have a month to read that one and post at the end of February to the same address as you sent to before.
So, you only ever post one of your books, but post on the ones you receive each month.

We do try to keep the title of the books a "secret" to make it a bit exciting. We have also found that we have tried books that we would never have chosen to pick off the shelf, and have actually quite enjoyed them. smile

MajorPettigrew Sat 01-Jan-11 21:35:38

Just marking my place.
I'll start thinking about the 3 options and get them on here in the next few days.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 09:16:21

Plus there was a running list of all the books we have swapped so far on the Fb page not sure if it's uptodate?

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 09:19:52

Can anyone help me? Can't seem to get the Fb page on my iPhone just doesn't find it.

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 10:13:12

Lovebeing don't know why you can't access the FB page, you're still on there so you should have access. Maybe it's an iPhone thing.

I'm struggling finding three books ladies, with a year of book group I've not really had to buy any new books. I'm hoping the English book exchange in town will be reopening in the next couple of weeks or that none of you have read my Christmas books.

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 11:06:10

Because my book choices at home are so limited at the moment here's my three books that I'm putting up for offer:-

Jodi Picoult - House Rules
An Evil Cradling - Brian Keenan
Buddha Da - Anne Donovan

Let me know if you've read any of them please.

MajorPettigrew Sun 02-Jan-11 12:03:40

Chickflit I've read Buddha Da.

Sorry

mdavza Sun 02-Jan-11 12:09:14

Morning!
Ok, so are we supposed to 'hide' the titles on this thread or only when we've sent it? I'm going to browse through my bookcase and choose three.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 12:30:39

You post a choice of three, anyone who has read any of those before should say, then it's up to you which you send.

Sorry, it is confusing. Put 3 book titles on here, but then dont tell us which one you do actually send.

LBADG - have you been able to get on the facebook page yet? I dont know why you cant cos you are still a member and all. confused

Chick, dont worry about the book choices, I am sure they will be fine.

Here are my 3 offerings, then:

Marian Keyes - Sushi for Beginners
Christopher Ransom - The Birthing House
Kate Furnivall - The Russian Concubine

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 13:13:22

Sorry PA but I've read the Marian Keyes and the Christopher Ransom book - both a really good read though.

Quite fancy the Kate Furnivall one.

mdavza Sun 02-Jan-11 13:23:35

Hi PA, I've read Sushi for Beginners, loved it to bits!

My book choices are:

Dance with a Poor Man's Daughter - Pamela Jooste
The Shipping News - Annie Proulx
The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

MajorPettigrew Sun 02-Jan-11 16:27:16

PA I've also read Sushi for Beginners

mdavza I've not read any of your choices

Hi Guys

House Rules - I have but don't think I have read yet.

Not read any of the others.

I'm putting up three of my all time favourite books but they are reasonably common ones so you may have already read them

Jodi Picoult - My sisters Keeper
Dorothy Koomson - Marshmallows for breakfast
Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 17:17:26

I've read lovely bones and think it's one I tried putting up before, but not the others.

loler Sun 02-Jan-11 17:33:27

Oh - I remember how annoying this bit is - Having the perfect 3 books then having all 3 shot down in flames ..... so sorry but I've read the shipping news, both the jodi picoult ones, the marion keyes one, lovely bones....sorry.

Here's mine to have a shot at:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
the red tent by anita diamant
Going Ga Ga - Mel Giedroyc

jamaisjedors Sun 02-Jan-11 17:37:39

Hi, I have read The Help (great book!).

Have also read the lovely bones, Sushi for beginners

loler Sun 02-Jan-11 17:49:41

Meant to add that Chick - your books get here fine, thank you

loler Sun 02-Jan-11 17:51:21

drat - the help was the one I wanted to send....will end up sending the only book no-one has read again! Will go and search my shelves for an obscure replacement

OK So if people have read all or most, do we put more up? - I have hundreds of books here (DH thinks he lives in a library) so its not a problem

loler Sun 02-Jan-11 18:00:05

If you have more that you can add to your list (so that you get 3 that no-one has read) please do. I don't seem to have many books - guess it's because for the last year I've been regularly getting a new one through my letter box.

My 3 books may end up having various dc books added (currenly enjoying MR Stink by David Walliams - is better than the predictible Hunrgy caterpillar!)

Oh yes, this is the really annoying bit!! I got that dreaded feeling when I clicked on the thread and oh b*******er you've read 2 of mine!! If anyone comes along and says they have read the 3rd one I will scream go to the charity shop!!! grin

The ones I have read, others have already said they have read, so nothing to add or change for anyone else.

Ok I'm going to replace the two that people have read.

So my new 3 are

Diane Chamberlain - The Bay at Midnight
Rosamund Lupton - Sister (may be rubbish I'm currently reading this)

Its just taken me ages to find the Diane Chamberlain one so please don't have read it

missy10 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:00:02

i have read the jodie picoult ones sorry but here are my 3
1 plain truth -jodie picoult
2 small island - andrea levy
3 just a family affair - veronica henry

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 19:07:59

It all comes flooding back what a nightmare this stage is.

MD I've not read any of yours.

PA Dorothy Koomson is the only one of yours I haven't read.

Loler haven't read any of yours but want to read The Help.

Making Changes and PA you've both put up the Dorothy Koomson book so need to make sure only one of you send it.

MC haven't read any of your books.

Missy I've read Plain Truth and Small Island.

It gets really complicated doesn't it when there's more of us.

Chickflit

These are PAs

Marian Keyes - Sushi for Beginners
Christopher Ransom - The Birthing House
Kate Furnivall - The Russian Concubine

And these are mine

Diane Chamberlain - The Bay at Midnight
Rosamund Lupton - Sister (may be rubbish I'm currently reading this)

I think there was some confusion cos I reposted a new list cos most of mine had been read. PA didn't post Dorothy Koomson - But I'm confused as to whether you've read all mine or all PA's

(I'm sorry)

Missy10 I think I've read the Plain Truth (Jodi Picoult Addict)

missy10 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:30:56

ok 2 new ones then
the piano teacher -janice y.k. lee
the secret shoppers revenge- kate harrison

Bloody Hell, cant we just miss this bit!!! I am confused totally!!

Missy I have read Small Island
Making Changes I have just finished reading Sister - I thought it was really good!!

Right here are another couple to add to my one remaining one - (Kate furnivall The Russian Concubine.)
Sharon Griffiths - The Accidental Time Traveller
Pam Jenoff - Kommandant's Girl (But, I think this was one of my choices last time and some of you had read it, but not too sure, so worth a go!!)

Don't worry everyone, it does get better I promise!! grin

missy10 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:53:10

im confusec as well pa lol here are my 3 books again
veronica henry - marrage and other games
janice y.k. lee - the piano teacher
kate harrison - the secret shoppers revenge

mdavza Sun 02-Jan-11 19:54:16

I actually enjoy this! I admit, at one stage I seriously considered becoming a librarian.

I've read The Lovely Bones, and Small Island, sorry makingchanges and missy10

So my latest three are:

Dance with a Poor Man's Daughter - Pamela Jooste
Relentless - Simon Kernick
The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

It's making me realise how many thousands of books are out there that I haven't read yet. So many books, so little time....And I certainly tend to stick to certain 'types' of books (currently devouring any Scandinavian whodunnit) so it's great to get introduced to different things. Bought my DH a Kindle for his birthday which I've sort of taken over.

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:56:55

Hi I think I said earlier that I wanted to be in again but just marking my place in case. Sorry for slow delay as computer has been down.

Happy new year everyone.

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:03:03

Just checked people's books I have read

Small Island
Marshmallows for breakfast
The Piano Teacher
Sushi for beginners

Will now go and look at bookshelves to see books that I can send - don't think there will be many.

Have just finshed the one that came after the girl with the dragon tattoo - it was fab.

I I still have one from the last round to post on - it is PA's book.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 20:06:30

Think one of mine is still going round, but can remember the name blush

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:06:38

Okay my three books are

Prep - Curtis Sittenfield
The Lost symbol - Dan Brown
The memory keeper's daughter - kim Edwards

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 20:07:45

Sorry have read all dan browns

HC1 - Save the postage, dont bother posting it back to me. I had assumed you were in, so dont worry, you have been counted! smile
Don't leave it too long before reading the third Steig Larsson, its brilliant, but follows on from the second, so don't lose the thread.

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:13:19

Thanks PA - am so glad to hear you are feeling better. You sound just like your old self. I need to send your book to Major. Have just read the last thread which I have missed so feel like I have caught up.

Am going to start the third Steig Larsson tonight - can't wait.

Major - the book will be in the post to you by the middle of the week.

No worries Loler hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to receiving the book sounds good.

LBADG, your book from last time was the one about the teenager dying, I think. Cant remember the name though, but it may jog someone's memory. smile

Thanks HC1, I was feeling better and I am back to work this week, first time for 2 months! Although trying to work this lot out could set me back a few weeks! grin

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 20:19:43

Sorry HC1 have read The Memory keeper's Daughter and The Lost Symbol.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 20:19:46

PA~ yes that's the one, I know you liked it.

HC1 ~ yes she is back to her bossy self wink

OI!!!! I can read you know!! wink grin

Bit busy on here tonight, isnt it?

ChickFlit Sun 02-Jan-11 20:21:39

Making Changes I haven't read any of the books on your list so it's a good one for me.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 20:27:03

Sorry boss wink

Wow it is confusing isn't it. I haven't even heard of some of these so should be good - I'm really looking forward to this

missy10 Sun 02-Jan-11 20:35:01

i cant wait can i have found another book as the piano teacher has been read
mothers ruin - kitty neal

MajorPettigrew Sun 02-Jan-11 21:32:54

HC I'm really sorry - but I've read all of your choices.
Don't mind reading any of them again though, so don't let that put you off. It actually might be easier to get a few books that I've already read. I won't have to concentrate too much - finding my baby brain is still turning even the most simple tasks to mush.

All the other ones I've read, others have already mentioned, so I won't bother confusing everyone.

Right.......

I think my 3 are -

The Rotters CLub - Jonathan Coe
Past Imperfect - Julian Fellowes
Stone's Fall - Iain Pears

Let me know how these are for everyone.

5ofus Sun 02-Jan-11 21:34:31

Hi all,

Of the ones listed so far I've read:

Makingchanges - Dorothy Koomson - Marshmallows for breakfast

loler - The Help by Kathryn Stockett (really enjoyed this one)
and Going Ga Ga - Mel Giedroyc (also enjoyed)

Sorry!

My three for starters are:

Bitten - Kelly Armstrong
Indelible - Karin Slaughter
The Tunnel Rats - Stephen Leather

HC1 Sun 02-Jan-11 22:06:53

Loler - have just checked your three and have read

The Red Tent.

I'll have a hunt for some other books to suggest.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 22:09:08

Maybe we should start with 5 books each.....

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 02-Jan-11 22:09:44

Maybe we should start with 5 books each.....

5ofus Sun 02-Jan-11 22:16:25

MajorPettigrew - all are OK for me.

HC1 - Red Tent also OK

Ok as two more of mine have gone - shall I put up two more (Is the idea to get 3 that no one has read? that would make sense)

The Bay at Midnight - Diane Chamberlain
One Day - David Nicholls
Room - Emma Donoghue (Xmas Book so not read yet)

MajorPettigrew Mon 03-Jan-11 18:07:53

Makingchanges - I've read One Day.

It's not easy, is it??

PA are you going to organise the rota again? I don't want to assume you are....... but you are very good at keeping us all in check.
If it's too much of a faff for you at the moment though, I don't mind doing it.

5ofus Mon 03-Jan-11 18:45:12

makingchanges sorry I've read One Day too. Other two are OK!

Major, yes I am happy to sort out the rota. i will send you all a facebook message set out like last time, so that everyone has a copy of who is sending to who and everyone's addresses for reference, if needed. (for example when someone dropped out last time, we just bypassed and carried on IFSWIM) I plan to get that all done in plenty of time for you all to send on at the end of January.

makingchanges, I shouldnt worry too much, as long as there is at least one book that nobody has read!! Or we could be here until next Christmas grin.

HC1 Mon 03-Jan-11 20:14:28

My next three books are:

Secrets - Freya North
The death and life of charlie st. cloud
Stately pursuits - Freya North

mdavza Tue 04-Jan-11 13:00:11

Hi all, not read any of the names books (since my last post). I also wouldn't mind reading some books again. I'm starting work again tomorrow so will probably be a bit more offline than on...sad
See ya!

loler Tue 04-Jan-11 18:18:52

HC - sorry I've read Secrets - Freya North and The death and life of charlie st. cloud
(really liked that one though and wouldn't mind too much reading again)

Here's another 3 to try (have tried to get as obscure as I can)

Water for elephants - Sara Gruen
The Personal History of Rachel DuPree - Ann Weisgarber
What is the what - Dave Eggers

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Thu 06-Jan-11 15:41:38

Will post my list at the weekend folks need to do some searching!

Hellllooooo! grin

We seem to have lost Mamatomany along the way so far. Just to let you all know that I have sent a message from facebook to her and will see if she pops back.

I do want to make sure that everyone is 100% on board with this and committed. I realise that sometimes life takes over and gets in the way, and we have always respected that and supported anyone who has had problems. However, i do feel a commitment is needed to start with, or we are in danger of falling into the mess we had on the first circuit.

I will post address lists when I know where we are with everyone.

Thanks for your patience. It will be worth it!!!! grin

jamaisjedors Sat 08-Jan-11 16:05:53

Hi, thanks so much PA for getting us all sorted.

Here are my offerings for books:

Helen Dunmore : With your crooked Heart

Alice Munro: The Love of a Good Woman

Hey Yeah Right Get a Life : Helen Simpson

The Immigrant: Manju Kapur

Black Swan Green : David Mitchell

Woman: Natalie Angier

Almonds and Raisins: Maisie Mosco

Hopefully there will be a few left once everyone has said what they have read.

loler Sat 08-Jan-11 16:27:54

jamaisjedors from this day to be known as the queen of the obscure book - I have never read or even heard of any of those books!

PA thanks!

jamaisjedors Sat 08-Jan-11 16:56:31

blush

jamaisjedors - I agree with Loler, I also have never heard of any of these.

Looks like you'll have lots to pick from

PA - Do you need addresses sending to you?

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sat 08-Jan-11 21:00:46

Evening girlies

here are my books;

your pregnancy week by week
5001 baby names
secrets of the baby whisperer

grin grin grin

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sat 08-Jan-11 21:04:23

Was that too subtle?

Anyway my books are;

any dan brown
the broker john Grisham
lies of silence brian Moore
a handful of lee child's jack reacher series

why do I always end up with hard backs?!?!

5ofus Sat 08-Jan-11 21:35:29

I'm in and promise faithfully to post on time and let you all know if there's any delay!

jamaisdejours - very obscure! Haven't read any of those.

LBADGirl - I've read early Dan Browns, and all of Lee Childs Reacher series and the Grisham book too. Sorry!

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sat 08-Jan-11 23:37:11

Don't worry 5ofus didn't think I'd get away with any of them grin

Makingchanges Yes please for your address. Either PM me, or facebook message, whichever is easiest.

Thank you for your commitment pledge 5ofus. It reminded me of the brownie one:

"I promise to do my best to do my duty to the bookswap, to love the queen bee <<<<oh wetting myself with excitement, that could be me!!>>>>> (((visions of grandeur!!!)))) and to serve the members, to post on time and to keep the bookswap law!" grin

A bit early on a Sunday morning for me, I think blush

I have no additions to the books already read for anyone. JJ - very interesting list! LBADG - name books may come in useful for when I get anymore cats/rabbits, but no more babies here! smile Dont worry about the books though. If you haven't got one, I am happy to throw one in your direction and you could pretend its yours.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 09-Jan-11 07:38:52

PA might come to that, I'll have another look when I get (am mn inbed on my lovely iPhone)

my first list if books was a bad attempt at telling you I have some exciting news grin very early days and not allowed to tell anyone (as I made dh promise he wouldn't ) but he wouldn't know I've told you wink ( so please no Fb messages !)

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 09-Jan-11 07:39:20

Opps get up

OOOOOOJHHHGGHHHHhhHhhhhhh!!! How exciting!!!!! doh!!! Didnt get the very subtle hint. Congratulations!!!

If I sort the list so that you send to me, then I will just add a second book in for March and we will all be ok, wont we.

I have been worried about my post this morning. I really don't feel as if I am the queen bee, it was just a rush of blood to the head blush blush

Chick, has the book arrived with you yet? I sent it about 10 days ago.

jamaisjedors Sun 09-Jan-11 10:26:01

Congratulations LB...! I got it, very good list hint grin

Am pleased I have plenty to choose from (I am set up now for the next 10 years of book-swapping) but a little worried that everyone thinks my taste is v. obscure!!

I would love someone to say they had at least HEARD of one of the authors/books - David Mitchell ?

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 09-Jan-11 11:46:55

Thanks ladies

PA you are so the queen bee

ChickFlit Sun 09-Jan-11 11:56:50

I put a David Mitchell book in my list last time JJ and someone (I bet it was you) said they'd read it. I haven't read any of your books either, I didn't put it down to the fact that your list was obscure just that you were more intelligent than me!

PA you are the Queen Bee of course, you keep us on track, it's your hard won title. I haven't received a book from you but I have received a book from JJ yesterday, which I will start once I finish my Christmas book.

LB I didn't get your hint but many congratulations, we've had a baby born in every round have you noticed. I have read several Dan Brown books but hadn't read any of the others on your list.

jamaisjedors Sun 09-Jan-11 13:43:47

Good to hear you got the book Chickflit - it's a good one, sorry there was no note or anything in it - I finished it in the evening and wanted to get it in the post the next day because I was already late. Enjoy!

Congratulations LB - I thought I got your news but didn't want to say in case you weren't and I'd misunderstood.

PA - I've facebook messaged you my address

JJ - Is David Mitchell the peep show David Mitchell?, Probably not but just wondering

mdavza Sun 09-Jan-11 14:39:55

Wonderful news, Lovebeing! Wooohooo! Is is baby number 2? 3?

I'm still not quite sure who's who on this thread, maybe one of the discussion threads on FB could have a list?

PA, you're great at doing what you're doing, I appreciate it. And I promise to abide by the rules and be a lovely bookswapper. smile

I've tried to read read CLoud Atlas, is it that David Mitchell? Found it really hard going. If i don't comment on books, I've not read them.
I've read all of Lee Child's books, most of John Grisham, only two Dan Browns (don't like him, tbh).
It's snowing here again, lovely, now if only my toddler would give me a chance to settle down quietly with a book...

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sun 09-Jan-11 16:10:36

Thanks everyone

it's dc no 2, have an almost 3yr old dd. Have never really understood how having more than one works however am already looking forward to all that bf time when I can read grin

Makingchanges - thanks I have the address. smile

Mdavza - When I do the addresses I did give everyone the MN name and their real life name too, which may make things a little less confusing. wink

Still not heard from Mamatomany. I will give her a couple more days, then I think we may have to be bossy decisive and assume she will not be with us. If this is the case there is one other mum that asked on the other thread. I could see if she would be willing to come on board to keep our numbers up to 12. What do you all think?

ChickFlit Sun 09-Jan-11 19:04:57

I saw her request to come on board, seeing as we're at the beginning I don't see why we don't ask her if mamatomany has decided to drop out. I have no objections.

I agree it would be a good idea to have 12 (I imagine being a novice wink )

I keep losing this thread from my watched and threads I'm on list - is really annoying so apologies if I go missing from time to time, took me ages to find you yesterday

loler Sun 09-Jan-11 20:09:48

LB - So pleased for you - hopefully it will be an amazing new year for you. And sorry but I've read all 3 of your first choice books wink - ds2 name came from 5001 names. I'd noticed it is a very fertile thread - really hope it's not catching!

jamaisjedors Sun 09-Jan-11 20:13:30

I am fine with waiting a few more days to finalise, but I think experience has shown that those who don't check in regularly after the initial excitement tend not to be that great at swapping either (huge generalization!!! grin).

Twelve is to make it a full year, I don't think 11 or 12 makes much difference to be honest.

Thanks again PA for getting it all sorted, you are a star!

And yes, mdavza (your name is hard!)- it's the "Cloud Atlas" David Mitchell (not the Peep Show one) - don't worry, it's not a hard-going one like that one (although I loved it in the end, hence me buying another of his). I have plenty of others to choose from! grin

loler Mon 10-Jan-11 11:48:24

I concur with JJ - the people that tend to go 'missing' tend to be the ones that disappear with books (you know who you are domi)

Also feel like a dunce as was looking forward to reading a funny peep show style book (not that the other david isn't as exciting!)

jamaisjedors Mon 10-Jan-11 11:59:14

Sorry, but don't worry, I won't send it loler!

jamaisjedors Mon 10-Jan-11 11:59:51

Will try and dig out something light and funny from that list, I'm not that boring, promise grin

HC1 Mon 10-Jan-11 13:20:55

It has been busy on here in the past few days!

Congratulation Lovebeing on the news - the way we are going we will have produced a mini book swap group.

I've read Dan Brown and the Grisham's but none of the others.

PA you are doing a great job.

loler Mon 10-Jan-11 16:01:39

HC sent you the last book this morning - sorry I've been so lax (but I imagine that you are still getting through the dragon tattoo book?).

JJ - obscure is good and it's why I'm still doing this swap - would never have found Salman Rushdie without it!

ChickFlit Mon 10-Jan-11 16:24:33

I think that Salman Rushdie book may be the jewel in my crown - I'm going to start reading it to my DS soon and then I'll have an excuse to buy the second one because it will be for the DC's.

Did you ever hear any more from Cariboo JJ? She was another one who disappeared with a couple of books.

jamaisjedors Mon 10-Jan-11 17:22:03

Actually I did see cariboo on a thread, and so PM-ed her about the books.

She promised faithfully to send them direct to PA...

Ummm not received anything from her!!!

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Mon 10-Jan-11 18:36:53

Watch out loler it might be catching!

Hc1 yes we could swap books like that's not my fairy, or just hold discussions on childrensbooks we have read recently (I have interesting thoughts on each peach, pear plum )

If its catching I am going to flounce off and never be seen again!! grin

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Mon 10-Jan-11 22:04:33

That's not a very positive attitude grin

You are so terribly wrong. I am absolutely positive that I do not want to throw up every day for the next 9 months, be kept awake at nights indefinitely, have hands stuck up places they shouldn't be, have weeks of hospital food, feel like death when everyone else looks as if they are glowing........ I am positive I will wait for grandchildren!! grin

Good luck anyway. grin

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Tue 11-Jan-11 06:35:48

Yeah thanks confused

Sorry, I am sure you wont have anything like me. You will one of the glowing types.

Plus, after 5 DC I think I have done my bit for the population.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Tue 11-Jan-11 06:57:00

Yes I would say 5 is enough, I'll let you off.

Last time being pg was the best diet I ever went on, thankfully not sick very often just couldn't eat a full meal from quite early on.

5ofus Tue 11-Jan-11 08:08:12

Can guarantee it won't be me either - 3 DCs at 5 and below is enough and it's a physical impossibility too.

mdavza Tue 11-Jan-11 19:52:58

5 DC! I salute you, PA! Any more than 1 seems impossible to me, although the idea of another one is slowly making its presence known in my subconscious. Must be because DS has started sleeping through regularly!

I am looking forward to the books. Now off to type minutes for our first meeting at school, grrrrrr....

Check your facebook messages, I have just sent you all a message!! smile

I am intrigued mdavza, what is your nickname about? <nose emoticon> I nominate you for the next production in the book club, then, after LBADG, grin.

ChickFlit Wed 12-Jan-11 12:37:22

PA have received your email and it all looks hunky dory and efficient as always.

I also received your book in the post this morning along with a little bit of English heaven - thank you so much. The DC's were like ooh English chocolate and I think I might have told them to bugger off and eat all the French crap they got for Christmas. Thank you so much I'll think of you as I'm scoffing it down.

Oh the idea of chocolate and a book sounds like heaven.

PA also read your e-mail and yes - that sounds fine to me too and it helped me to follow who people were as well.

Am scared by the fact that this thread is very fertile - please don't pass on to me. After the poorly girl I had this morning, one is definately enough for me.

Can't wait to get started

loler Wed 12-Jan-11 18:30:51

I concur with all the sentiment in the fb message - Thank goodness she got muddled up with banning of genre - would never be able to find a book to post on! Although if they can guarantee no babies to club members could be tempted to defect!

The book I've decided to send (and no-one has told me they have read it - do we need to double check lists?) is a bit of a risky choice - I would quite like a chance to say why I decided to pick it. Do you think it would be a good idea to start the discussions on FB with why we chose the book we did and what we thought about it? Could just be "it was the only book I could lay my hands on".

I love the idea of giving a little prelude to the book on the discussion boards. Tomorrow, when I sort it all out I can open up the discussion boards for each book, like last time, then each person could add a little bit, but without giving away the title of too much about the book.

However, I really dont like the idea of checking the books again. That was a nightmare and I think if there is a book that someone has missed and they have read before, you can either read again or have a month off. If anyone wants to have a look, then you can scroll down, but it all got a bit mind-boggling for me, especially when I was told that someone had read a book of mine that I had not even put on!

Thanks for all your lovely comments. smile

ALL DONE!!! Wahaaaaa!!!!! ENJOY!!!! grin grin

Over to you lot now to keep this rolling!

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Thu 13-Jan-11 11:22:55

Hey all just to let you know I am without Internet at the mo and can't seem to get on the Fb pagefrom my iPhone so may notbe able to join in there straight away.

I have now got a couple of books to suggest so let me know;

the great lover by jill Dawson
getting rid of matthew by jane fallen (writer of this life)

have admit haven't read either yet, got them from the charity shelf at work, but can read before sending on so PA what do you think?

Sounds fine LBADG. You are posting to me, so dont panic. Are you able to do MN, then (obviously). Shall I PM you my address?

5ofus Thu 13-Jan-11 14:51:53

It's frustrating that groups don't seem to show up in the iPhone Facebook app. They do work from the mobile site though so it's worth a go.

I haven't read either of those books.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Thu 13-Jan-11 17:47:33

Pa I can get message that are sent to me, plus still have your address anyway (ready for when fancy getting away from it all )

loler Thu 13-Jan-11 17:52:54

PA - I've just sent you a FB message saying that I can't get into the message either - It opens up a blank message when I click on it confused. Maybe copy it into a discussion on FB?

Sorry.

Oh B******er!! I think it is because it is too long. I tried putting it on the wall, but said it was too long, so I have put it under discussions - HERE WE GO!!!

If anyone still has a problem I will email it to you, but see if you can access it now.

ChickFlit Thu 13-Jan-11 19:07:03

I could read it!

jamaisjedors Fri 14-Jan-11 14:34:43

Thanks for your message on FB, I agree with what you said and am happy to go ahead.

Have replied on FB, but not sure if we said anywhere that we usually try to post on on the 1st of the month?

Just said on FB, that I had said to post before the end of the month, if possible. I am sure I have said it along the way, but so much chat to wade through, things get missed...

5ofus Fri 14-Jan-11 17:41:21

Very keen here - posted today grin

jamaisjedors Fri 14-Jan-11 19:27:54

Sorry, I missed that PA! blush

You ARE keen 5ofus - chickflit do you want the new book asap?

muchwanted Fri 14-Jan-11 19:55:22

Hi girls

This all sounds great. Just to let you know name changed from HC1 to muchwanted.

Here is to lots of reading.

ChickFlit Fri 14-Jan-11 20:00:41

I don't need the new book yet JJ I've got the one you sent me earlier this week to start after I finish the one I'm reading now, PA has sent me your book again (the one I never had time to read this time round) so I'm pretty stocked up - so no rush till the end of the month for me.

mdavza Fri 14-Jan-11 20:23:34

Going round to FB now.

My username:

M - for my first name
Dav - part of my surname
za - it's the www-thingy (like .uk) for South Africa.
So no big mystery, I've had it for years. Will try to post tomorrow, happy reading!

mdavza Sat 15-Jan-11 19:03:51

Sent my book on to Major Pettigrew todayx

Hi Guys

I'm hoping to get my book posted tomorrow or this weekend as a busy week next week. Can I just check that I just need to send on to the person whose address I have been given, putting my name in the inside so that everyone knows whose book it is.

I'm sure thats right - just double checking as seems so long since I read the rules and haven't got time to find them all again before tomorrow.

Hope you are all well

jamaisjedors Fri 21-Jan-11 07:23:24

Yes, send to the next person on the list to you, and put your name (mn name if you prefer, makes it easier) inside.

You are sending to Loler, Makingchanges.

You will soon get the hang of it and its quite exciting receiving a surprise parcel each month. I always get stupidly excited opening it!! hmm [saddo]

OK I'm sorted now. I'll post tomorrow or Monday then.

It is quite exciting. I can't wait smile

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Sat 22-Jan-11 07:47:41

Hi everyone sorry forgot to post to say I've recieved my book thanks

Hi Loler I posted your book today. Tried to catch the post so chucked it in an envelope and ran but missed so it won't go until Monday now but you should get it mid-week.

loler Mon 24-Jan-11 16:16:56

Missy10 - Sent yours this morning so hope you get it soon. I'm very worried about my choice - but hope you enjoy reading it!

I agree with the being stupidly excited about the surprise package arriving - it tends to be the only nice thing I ever get in the post!

ElectricSoftParade Mon 24-Jan-11 20:29:42

Hello All, would love to join if possible? Please let me know what I need to do and many thanks ESP

missy10 Mon 24-Jan-11 20:59:20

ohhhhhhhhh thanks loler i cant wait <<<<<<<<<<< a very excited like a kid on xmas eve emotion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ESP, I am really sorry, but we are all set and organised for the next round.

Periodically there are new swaps started up here on MN, so hopefully you will be able to catch one of them soon.

loler Tue 25-Jan-11 17:49:18

Making changes - thanks, got it this morning. Have picked that book up a few times but never bought it so looking forward to getting started!

missy10 Tue 25-Jan-11 18:02:08

loler i have got the book today cant wait to start reading it wondering if i need some tissues handy and thank you so much for the chocolate grin

Hope you enjoy it Loler - it was recommended to me and i enjoyed it so much i've bought the others as well

I hope no-one noticed that I had gone quiet for a while........ hmm

Well, now I can come back on and say that I have sent my book to you JJ. - had been in hiding because I thought I should lead by example and send promptly, but actually couldn't be bothered to get to the post office. grin

Also very nervous about my choice, after the debacle last one was not liked, too much!

How is everyone else doing? Just to remind you all that books should be posted in the next few days, if they have not been sent already. <<stern look over my glasses, just in case anyone needs it>>

jamaisjedors Wed 26-Jan-11 14:16:48

Will look forward to that PA!

Not sure what to do with my first book - Chickflit has had a few books from the last swap from me recently so doesn't want anymore just yet.

Should I just send it straight to the next person on the list at the end of this month confused?

Or are you up for another one chickflit?

I am going to the Post office tomorrow so would be good to know what you think.

Could you PM Chickflit, or facebook her, just to know what she wants you to do? Maybe she would like it sent so that she gets this one, or she can always have it at the end, like she has done last time round.

loler Wed 26-Jan-11 17:52:40

Could chickflit prioritise this round so that it doesn't get mixed up from the start. The last dregs of the old round aren't a priority and she can send them on as and when she's read them (with a note enclosed making it clear that they are old books catching up?)

I do agree that would be best, really. The books she has now will only be sent back to their owners, so it would just be a bit of a wait for those who havent had them back yet. I am not bothered waiting for mine, in fact I dont want it back, so whoever has it, save your postage! smile

jamaisjedors Thu 27-Jan-11 10:47:45

I agree. I will send on a new book for the new round to Chickflit for February so that she has something to send on in March.

Will put it in the post this weekend.

muchwanted Fri 28-Jan-11 15:40:08

MDAVZA have sent the book to you today.

mdavza Sun 30-Jan-11 13:31:56

Hi all, my DS is snoozing, it is bitterly cold today and I'm having a pajama day. We cycled for 2 hours yesterday so I feel less guilty doing nothing (and skipping church....)

Just read a thread on here, the young mum is having problems with her DH (Who is clearly more of a B-for-bastard-H than a Dh) and I just feel so sad for her. Wait, here's the link: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1137145-DH-make s-me-feel-like-a-crap-mum
Not really much else to add, but I have such a great DH and it makes me sad, is all! I have a young colleague who is currently involved in a real bad relationship and part of me just want to shout: 'Get out, be loved!' but I know life is not that simple.

I've bought the book Badlands by Belinda Bauer, has any of you read it? It's a first novel and won a few prizes. if it's nice I could pass it along. Adieu!

jamaisjedors Sun 30-Jan-11 13:59:40

Hi mdavza. sounds like a nice relaxing day.

The book sounds good - let us know how you get on with it.

We are off to a "co-operative games" workshop in a couple of minutes, will be interesting to see if the DS get into it or still need to "win".

have a nice Sunday everyone.

ChickFlit Sun 30-Jan-11 16:36:19

Hi all, sorry I've been a bit quiet lately, real life catching up on me.

DH has today taken my book home and will post on tomorrow to HC1 who I know has now name changed but I can't be bothered to go and look for her new name.

I have two books from the last round, neither of which I've read yet sorry - they both arrived at the same time. I'm still reading one of my Christmas books (gone are the days of rattling through a book in a week). Obviously I'll prioritise reading February's books and then send these others on to JJ and Loler (I think) once I get them read.

Hope everyone is OK - fortunately my work is picking up here, unfortunately both DC's have been ill for the last 10 days, starting with tummy bugs and going into flu.

jamaisjedors Sun 30-Jan-11 16:49:30

Hi, good to hear from you.

I have just packaged up February's book to send to you, will put it in the post tomorrow or Tuesday.

It's quite short so you should be able to get through it !

No rush for mine back at all, I'm in a similar situation to you, in that I still have 2 books from the last swap too.

Hope you have escaped the flu and bugs yourself.

MajorPettigrew Mon 31-Jan-11 20:22:49

Hi everyone - things have been really busy with me and I haven't had much time to get on here to see what everyone is up to.

Makingchanges I posted to you today, so hopefully you'll get it tomorrow (just in time for the Feb start!)
Hope you enjoy it.

PA I've got your book. Do you want me to send it back? It's no bother if you do.

Hope you're all doing well, and I'll try and get on here a bit more often (baby willing!)

mdavza Tue 01-Feb-11 20:51:05

Received my book yesterday, thanks makingchanges

Major, nah, don't worry about posting it back. My shelves are heaving and Dh is nagging me to do a cull of them, to make room for some more of his. hmm

LBADG any sign of a book coming my way?

DH has gone to the mainland today and is going to pick me up a kindle. Mega excited. I dont think it will totally replace my books, but I am excited to give it a try. (another ploy for Dh to have more shelf space for books, I think.)

Happy reading!! grin

muchwanted Wed 02-Feb-11 13:30:20

Hi mdavza

It was me that sent you the book not making changes - just checking I am sending to the right person and haven't messed up!

You are right, I think the name change has confused people. It certainly has me, and I had to scroll through.

Dont worry, its all ok.

jamaisjedors Wed 02-Feb-11 16:46:51

Hi PA. Still no sign of your book here but DS2's bday present from the UK from my mum took about 10 days to get here recently so no worry yet - is it a long one?

No its not a long one. Hope you get it soon.

Hi Majorpettigrew your book came today,thank you. I've just got a cup of tea and as DH isout going to settle down to read

muchwanted Fri 04-Feb-11 08:24:29

Chickflit received book yesterday thanks.

jamaisjedors Fri 04-Feb-11 17:09:12

Hi PA, got mine today and have already started it (and started in on the "extra" too! wink) - many thanks for both.

Have a good weekend everyone.

ChickFlit Sat 05-Feb-11 10:39:33

I haven't received mine yet, will let you know when it arrives.

mdavza Mon 07-Feb-11 14:27:02

Sorry muchwanted, thanks for the book, looks very interesting.

jamaisjedors Mon 07-Feb-11 14:50:41

PA I am already half-way through yours - it's good thank you. I will put it in the post to you chickflit as soon as I finish it because then I will be away in the Uk for a couple of weeks (half-term coming up on 19th!) smile

5ofus Wed 09-Feb-11 13:30:33

Just posted my review on Facebook, when are we due to post on again?

ChickFlit Wed 09-Feb-11 15:17:02

My book has just arrived today so I'll get down to reading it at the weekend, it's not too long.

5ofus we usually post on at the end of the month so everybody has their new book within the first few days of the new month. But if you want to post on now I'm sure whoever receives from you won't complain, you just might have to wait a couple of weeks for your next book.

What a relief JJ. grin

I am glad yours has arrived Chickflit

Ho Humm I am still waiting for mine!!! LBADG Is it on its way yet? <<stern look>> If there is a problem, please let me know. Are you going to be ok for the coming months. I know life might be a little hectic for you right now, but I really want to keep this on track, so not a good start, really.

5ofus Thu 10-Feb-11 14:57:45

Think I'll hold off until closer to the end of the month, otherwise I might confuse things too much with random book movements.

jamaisjedors Thu 10-Feb-11 21:28:36

Glad to hear yours arrived Chickflit, it seems to take ages for stuff to get to you.

I have finished this month's one (v. good PA, well done) and will get it in the post asap to avoid any delay.

Mine is v. short so shouldn't take you long Chickflit.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Fri 11-Feb-11 08:07:27

<looking at the floor> hopefully it will land on your doorstep today

It arrived today, thank you.

I assume everyone else received this month?????

MajorPettigrew Wed 16-Feb-11 23:15:14

I made the Scottish papers!
Look at the webchat with Alex Salmond. I posted a very sarcastic post about his umbrella whacking me in the face last year (and then a serious question about al-megrahi) and it was picked up by the Scottish Herald and Scotsman paper!

Someone has linked to the paper at the bottom of the chat.

Blummin hilarious!

MajorPettigrew Wed 16-Feb-11 23:16:05

Sorry - above post has nothing to do with the swap - but can't tell anyone else or I will out myself with my username.

Hee hee grin

mdavza Thu 17-Feb-11 06:41:56

Halo! haha majorp so now you're a guy! I'm going to read the whole thread soon, would be intresting.

I'm loving my book to bits, thank you makingchanges So much that I have gone to sleep way too late the past few evenings, yawn.

Half term!

mdavza Thu 17-Feb-11 06:43:20

Aplologies AGAIN muchwanted - it's your book I'm talking about...

Can you do a link for us Major?

MajorPettigrew Thu 17-Feb-11 08:53:12

Scotsman

and

Herald

and the webchat is

Here

Hope they work!

5ofus Fri 18-Feb-11 12:57:40

Your 15 mins of fame and what a shame it's under an alias! smile

Looking forward to the next book arriving - and reading Terry Pratchett's Going Postal in the meantime smile

ChickFlit Fri 18-Feb-11 16:12:10

Major you're so famous!

JJ I've finished your book and DH will post it on next week, I really enjoyed it. I got the second one you sent me last week which I think is from the last round of books, is that right and I need to post on to Loler when I finish it.

It does seem to take post from inside France longer to get to me than parcels from the UK - tres bizarre.

jamaisjedors Fri 18-Feb-11 20:03:10

Hi Chickflit. glad you enjoyed the book. the next one is March's book for THIS round, I am holding off sending you any old ones for the moment not to confuse things.

So you need to read the latest book by the end of March and then send it to whoever is next in this swap.

PA will sort you out if you're not sure - it's her book!

I'm off to the UK early tomorrow, might be around to chat at some point.

[wave] to the famous (male) book club member majorpettigrew!

Humph!! A male bookclub member. I think he needs some vetting!! grin Well done though major!!

JJ, Im glad you wont be at home for a while as I am still reading my February book. I'm enjoying it and is shouldnt be too long, but may not be on your mat by the first of the month! Sorry!!

Everyone else should be getting ready to post by the end of next week. Hope you are all ok with that.

Sounds as if we have a good set of books doing the rounds this time, everyone has been positive all round so far!! shock

Have you all disappeared?
Been abducted by aliens?
Have I been left behind?

Or are you all so busy reading, no time for MN?

I am bored at work.... you'd never guess would you!

Here comes boss.... my time to look busy!!!

loler Wed 23-Feb-11 12:52:13

I'm currently pretending to clean the house for a belated new year's eve party this weekend. Hate cleaning and looking for any excuse to get out of it!

I'm hoping to get to the post office tomorrow. I'm just about to finish a book so looking forward to getting my next package.

Major - can I have your autograph?

Hey, Loler, tomorrow is officially Christmas day here. DD1 has just arrived and we have turkey and all the trimmings and all the chocolates left over from Christmas. She was snowed up in Blackpool and this is the first opportunity for her to come down, so you enjoy your new year and I will enjoy Christmas!! grin

ChickFlit Wed 23-Feb-11 17:55:59

What kind of freak has chocolates left over from Christmas at the end of February? I thought I was doing well by lasting till the middle of January. I've already scoffed countless six packs of cream eggs.

DH will be posting books on next week as I have managed to find next month's book club book on my brand new reading toy.

HAVE I MENTIONED I'M GETTING A KINDLE ON SATURDAY?? Teensy weensy bit excited over here.

So I am a freak now?? hmm I am a happy freak though as I have loads of lovely books on my Kindle. wink grin All done and great!! A million thanks.

I bought a 3 pack of creme eggs and they are sat in my cupboard. I like to savour the fact that they are there, waiting to be eaten. Its the anticipation, its nearly as good as actually eating them!! I will cave one day and scoff the lot, then feel disappointed because the anticipation bubble will have burst. Ok, yes I probably am a freak!!!

Could you make it clear to whoever gets the books which order they are to be read in please? Just to save confusion. Thank you.

Madly in love with my Kindle still and would recommend it!! smile

<<off to look at creme egg, enjoy the anticipation, then close cupboard door very quickly before it screams "EAT ME!!">>

ChickFlit Thu 24-Feb-11 07:34:41

I can't believe with a house full of children you've got cream eggs sitting in the cupboard waiting to be eaten.

So glad you got your books - that was fast only 24 hours and they had to cross over water and everything. I'm very dischuffed you've got yours before I've got mine though, the next lot I get I'm going to wait until I get them first before I send the disk on. grin

Only two days left till Kindle.

I have a "mum's" cupboard,wink which no-one is allowed to go in, but they know that all sorts of yummy delights are in there and if we have a dvd night or something they get all excited when I go to "My" cupboard - very sad I know!!

Thank DH for me, wont you!

I am nearly as excited as you waiting for your Kindle - a new hoover is arriving today!! I have done loads of research after getting through so many hoovers in the last 10 years and being totally fed up with them packing up constantly, and I have a Miele Cat and Dog coming!! I have visions of a perfect house by tea time tonight!! <<realistically not going to happen!>>

Just prepared all my veg for my Christmas dinner. Everything is far more laid back when its not actually 25th December!!

HAppy Christmas!!

loler Thu 24-Feb-11 09:55:13

Happy christmas PA.

Hoping for a very merry Mexican fiesta style new year here. Have bought Mexican mustaches for everyone to wear and have got mariachi music lined up on the ipod.

I have to admit to having the biggest freak household - I came across a couple of easter eggs when I was cleaning up yesterday. I'm such a hard mum that i'd put them onto of a cupboard so they weren't scoffed at once, promptly forgot about them!

ChickFlit Thu 24-Feb-11 10:20:55

I dispair of you all Loler what you do is confiscate the chocolate and then eat it yourself on a night while watching True Blood. I thought everybody knew that!!!

But Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

ChickFlit Thu 24-Feb-11 11:03:10

Dispair of course I mean despair. Duh!

Bobolbach Thu 24-Feb-11 19:50:25

Merry Christmas PA and Happy New Year Loler.

I like the sound of the mariachi music - just what you need to get everyone going!

I decided that after my recent brush with fame, it would be wise to name change. (Although really because I couldn't keep my trap shut and told a few people about it)

Now I'm worried about what I've previously posted, although I tend to keep to quite tame topics on here (not one for airing my whole world on MN), so no real worries, but I'm going to be posting under this name now.

If you are wondering - Bobolbach is a Welsh term that my Mum always used instead of swearing. Sort of a 'bugger it' expression. It actually translates as 'little people', so no idea why she used it.....

Anyway, I'll be posting on to Makingchanges in the next few days.

Hope you are all grand and enjoying the Kindle love. I'm not allowed one. Boo to DP!!!

bobolbach im not allowed a kindle either, ill look forward to the book, but still have a chapter or so to go of the last one (it was lonnnngggg)

Hope everyones festivities went well and hoping your enjoying your hoover PA

Sorry i've been missing - i can never find this thread after i've posted on it. Better go and finish the book so i can post it on.

I can't remember the nickname of who I'm posting to (is it Loler??)

Anyway, whoever is expecting a book from me, I've posted it today (but missed the post again - must be more organised) so you should get it Tuesday.

Hope everyones enjoying the books

Bobolbach Mon 28-Feb-11 15:25:10

Makingchanges I posted to you today.

Hope everyone is ok.

mdavza Mon 28-Feb-11 19:48:16

Posted to the major today

jamaisjedors Mon 28-Feb-11 20:31:05

ooh MajorPettigrew, I saw your (book) namesake in WHSmith yesterday and had to get it - tell me it's good?

JJ will be posting tomorrow. Do you have any requests for anything English that you want popped inside? Hope you had a good holiday.

LoveBeing... Have you posted on?

Bobolbach Mon 28-Feb-11 22:39:20

JJ It's a very 'gentle' book.

I'm ashamed to say I never actually finished it though. The copy I had was bound incorrectly, so half way through all the pages were out of order.

I started thinking I was being thick and not following the story, until I noticed the page numbers were all out of sequence. Then it was too much of a faff to keep on flicking through the book to find the next page.

I should by another copy and finish it.

Let me know if you enjoy it.

Where have you been on holiday to?
I'm dreaming of holidays, but won't be going abroad this year - big push to get the new house done. Hopefully the windows will be going in in the next few weeks. We've only be waiting for them since August. Grrrr.

muchwanted Tue 01-Mar-11 13:55:16

Hello all!

Have to say am getting rather confused with everones nicknames this time round.

Hope everyone is well and been reading lots

mdavza am still reading chickflit's book am only managing short bursts of reading so should be sending on by the end of the week.

I'm getting confused too Muchwanted. - although it doesn't take much for me! hmm I keep on having to go back to the posting on list on the facebook messages to work out who is who! blush I have always been PositiveAttitude and other than festive variations, thats what I will stay. <<boring or lazy??>>

jamaisjedors Tue 01-Mar-11 22:45:04

bobolbach - when I have finished it I can send it to you.

V. boring "holiday" here - am in the UK but actually it's been lovely, catching up with friends and family and doing touristy things.

Can't type on the qwerty keyboard anymore though so will keep this short and catch up next week.

loler Thu 03-Mar-11 07:56:48

Making changes (I think!) Thanks - I got the book yesterday. Looks another good one!

5ofus Fri 04-Mar-11 11:10:39

Loler's book arrived with me yesterday!!

mdavza Mon 07-Mar-11 20:46:38

I got chicklit's book today, thanks muchwanted

5ofus Tue 08-Mar-11 14:28:34

LBADG - I posted today

JJ - for some obscure reason the book I posted to you last week arrived back with me today confused. It was battered and an apology from royal mail. Your address was mangled and so they sent it back to me!!
ANyway, it is trying again and on its second journey to you!!

jamaisjedors Tue 08-Mar-11 20:16:11

Oh dear - well at least it hasn't gone missing! Did you only get an apology or did you get a refund on postage.

Will look out for it and let you know.

Yes, I got a credit, to post it on again to you, so it didnt cost me twice. smile

jamaisjedors Tue 08-Mar-11 20:37:47

Glad to hear that!

Lovebeing... Coooooeeeeeeeey!!! Any sign of a book coming my way sometime soon???

jamaisjedors Sat 12-Mar-11 12:26:06

Got my book today thank PA. Looks like a nice easy read.

That was quick for the second time round!!

OK, folks, it does appear that we might have our first lost-in-the-post book! Lovebeing.. posted 10 days ago and I have not received. sad I wont give up hope totally, maybe it will turn up.

Has everyone else got theirs?

jamaisjedors Tue 15-Mar-11 09:02:48

oh dear, we were doing so well. Hope it turns up!

5ofus Tue 15-Mar-11 22:56:31

Hope it does turn up. That was one of my favourites! I'm waiting for a lost-in-the-post eBay book to turn up that was ordered 10 days ago too. Perhaps there is a giant pile of lost books in the post office somewhere?

What is the plan if it doesn't arrive? Assume there's a receipt and claim from Royal Mail for a new one?

Also - LBADG could you let me know if my book to you arrived?

5ofus I will keep you updates if /when it arrives here.

"spoke" with LBADG on FB and she has received your book. Thanks.

jamaisjedors Tue 22-Mar-11 07:46:40

Any sign of it PA?

Hi,

No none!! sad

So I havent got anything to pass on this month.

LBADG is going to chase up Royal Mail and see if they will compensate, and we can get a copy off amazon to throw into the swap and eventually we will all get back on track.

Hope everyone else is and getting ready to post on next week for the start of April.

Please can I remind everyone to post on here when they have posted and when they have received, so that we can keep a close track on any potential problems?

Eagerly awaiting the next book here after having a frustrating month of not daring to start a thick book as I was expecting it to drop through my letter box any day!! {Grrrrr!!} So a month of reading "bitsy" books, which "do my 'ead in!" as my DCs would say!! wink

jamaisjedors Tue 22-Mar-11 11:40:49

Ahh, that's annoying.

Good for me to know in advance though that I won't get anything this month - I still have the Shipping News leftover from the last swap so will try and tackle that - it's daunting me at the moment!

mdavza Wed 23-Mar-11 21:08:57

Shipping News is a great book - I loved it absolutely, and did not consider it a hard read.

Can I confess that I'm a bit disappointed with the club at the moment? I guess I just thought there would be more discussions etc. I am so busy, and I realise everybody else must also be, but still. Moan finished smile
But confessing also that I'm finding my current book extremely hard to read, I'm pushing on but not sure I want to finish it. Will post my thoughts on FB soon enough.
Bye!

5ofus Wed 23-Mar-11 21:55:14

I think there are a few reviews missing from the FB page. Each book should have had a review by now and sone should have had two. Fingers crossed they start coming in soon. I have to confess I'm struggling with this months book.

Thanks for being honest Mdavza and yes I agree with you.

<<hangs head in shame as I forgot to review last month's book, but have just done it now>>

Hopefully the discussion will pick up as more people have read the books as the months go on, but please everyone, keep an eye on the discussions and give your responses. It would be really good to have good discussions going.

Don't worry about struggling with a book, that happens! Its good to try new sorts of books, but we cant all like the same sort. And hopefully you will love the one that you get next month!! smile

loler Thu 24-Mar-11 18:23:42

I'm finding this months very slow going - however as of today I think I've got my head around the writing style so just want the dc to go to bed so I can get on with the last third of it.

PA the postie hasn't stuck the book somewhere? Ours put a thin package under the garage door once - discovered it about 2 months later!

Right ladies

<<Rallying troups voice>>

Are we all ready to post on this week?

If for ANY reason you will not be posting before this Friday please come on here and say why and when you expect to post.
<<stern look around >>

So, JJ, as you know you wont be receiving this month as I have nothing to send.

jamaisjedors Mon 28-Mar-11 11:43:52

OOhh I like it when you are stern PA!

I am on my best behaviour and posted last week - I know there is nothing for me this month and will do my best to survive without a book - actually I have others so not a problem.

loler Mon 28-Mar-11 11:51:21

Stayed up until 1.30am finishing my book last night (it picked up big style at the end!) so will be posting on this afternoon.

Looking forward to starting the new True blood book that has just arrived from amazon (won't take much reading!)

I am glad I have made your day JJ grin

ChickFlit Mon 28-Mar-11 14:14:31

And JJ I have received the books just this morning so I'm happy.

I won't be posting on this month, because I was super fast last month and posted March and April's books at the same time.

And being super conscientious this month (and because today's work is really boring) I've entered into a little bit of chat/debate about my book for this time round.

Hope everyone is OK and enjoying their books.

ChickFlit Mon 28-Mar-11 14:15:28

Obviously my chat/debate was on FB.

5ofus Mon 28-Mar-11 18:45:08

Any sign of my book?

Hi 5 <<ha ha>> grin

Not yet, but LB... was going to chase it with the Royal Mail and see if we can buy another one to replace it. Hopefully she will pop along soon and let us know if she has got anywhere with them.

muchwanted Wed 30-Mar-11 14:18:36

Hi everyone

Thanks Chickflit for the two books have finished March's and will be taking April's to Portugal on Saturday - to hopefully read.

Mdavza will be posting the next book to you on Friday - it doesn't take long to read.

Hope everything is good with everyone.

Bobolbach Thu 31-Mar-11 14:30:03

Hello everyone, (MajorP here in case of name change confusion!)

Posted to Makingchanges today, so hopefully if the good old Royal Mail does it's job properly, you should get it tomorrow.

Will come back on in the next few days as have masses to do at the moment. My mum is comiing to stay tomorrow and I have to get the playroom cleared so she has somewhere to sleep. Can't see the carpet at the moment! Aaahhhh - the joys........

mdavza Thu 31-Mar-11 20:17:48

I'm very busy, I'll be going to the post office Saturday morning, hopefully the book will arrive quickly, sorry
(waves and runs off again..)

loler Sat 02-Apr-11 18:45:59

Thanks (can't remember who posts to me!) I got my parcel this morning - DC all had a pit of a sulk because I'm "always get parcels" and they never do! Does make my month a bit more interesting! Liking the look of this month's book.

mdavza Mon 04-Apr-11 10:27:45

posted yesterdayx

Joy of Joys I have received my book!!! grin

5ofus Tue 12-Apr-11 13:36:29

Posted today grin

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Thu 14-Apr-11 11:37:31

jamaisjedors Thu 14-Apr-11 14:59:22

Great news PA!

loler Thu 14-Apr-11 22:33:42

Did we ever sort out the missing book?
I don't mind contributing to a replacement from ebay/amazon if it hasn't turned up - would be a shame to have a month missing.

Hi, I am on the case (ish). I now have a copy of the lost book in my possession, (5ofus had a spare copy) but need to finish this month's book before I can start reading it, but as soon as I do I will forward it and hopefully we can all read the book and post it on as soon as possible until it has caught up to where it should be. - Understand? confused

Has everyone now sent and received for April?

Can I PLEASE remind people to post BEFORE the end of the month, or come to shame corner here and explain yourself. wink If you have not had time to read the book and are not likely to finish it VERY quickly, then we can arrange for you to have it at the end of the swap.

<<crap day so far (just gone 7am, so bad start!!!) hormonal, sleep deprived and spent the most of the last 2 days at the hospital with DD2 after she had a car crash, so cross me at your peril today forgive my prickliness! grin>>

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Fri 15-Apr-11 07:42:30

Hi guys

got my next book yesterday, don't think it's likely I'll finish it before the end of the month so pa might just send straight onto you if that's ok?

Had a tough week, had an amnio rests aregood though but still feing a bit away with the fairies.

loler Fri 15-Apr-11 08:30:12

You two take care - Goes to show from the moment of conception that dc are a worry.

5ofus Tue 19-Apr-11 10:42:42

Hi all, think my book is only a month behind. It should have been with JamaisJedors on April 1st. If PA gets it read quickish we should be able to catch up within a month.

I've read my book already - and posted a review on the FB group.

<polishes halo>

grin

jamaisjedors Tue 19-Apr-11 11:03:42

Ok that's fine - I'm a quick reader!

Thanks everyone. Your book has got me hooked 5ofus. Was convinced I wouldn't read past the first page when I opened it, but can't put it down now, so I probably won't be long.
<<pain that its the holidays, DCs are difficult to ignore when they are in the house, far easier when they are at school>>

First nag reminder for people to be ready to send off by the end o the month. grin (see, if I grin I think I will be forgiven for nagging - doesn't work with DH, though!! hmm )

5ofus Mon 25-Apr-11 21:33:58

Pleased to hear you are enjoying it PA - I think my book is the only one yet to have been reviewed on our FB site!?!

grin

Not any more grin

JJ I will be posting today. You have 2 books coming, one is from last month, one from this. (letter inside explaining which to read first). smile

Has everyone got ready to post this week? If you cannot post before Thursday please let me know. <stern look around>
Dont forget that its Bank holidays on Friday and next Monday, so it will take longer to arrive.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Tue 26-Apr-11 09:02:55

I posted on sat (polishes halo)

Thank you grin

JJ yours is winging its way to you now, too grin

I can see your halo shining from here Lovebeing... book arrived today smile

ANyone else.......??????? Or are you all ignoring me hmm ????

muchwanted Wed 27-Apr-11 21:06:26

Not ignoring you but am about to get a stern look because of going away and bank holidays won't be posting until Tuesday.

Also chickflit - the book I have just read whose was it? So I can post on the wall. I really enjoyed it.

I've PMed you muchwanted <not a stern look> grin

5ofus Thu 28-Apr-11 16:23:00

Posted today smile

mdavza Sat 30-Apr-11 19:13:51

Posted today (hides away guiltily from PA...)

Big news here is that we are moving to CA, like in California, USA. My DH basically got an offer that is hard to resist, and coupled with the new immigration laws that are making it more and more difficult for us to stay here, we have decided to go. When is still uncertain, and I will let you know when to remove me from the list as soon as I have a date. I don't think I should add more to my list of to-do's when we've moved there, and postage to USA might be prohibitive, so I think it's best if I make an exit from this positive group. Or what do you think?
Stay well!

Wow big news indeed mdavza. Hope all goes well for you. I am not too sure if it would work TBH with books going to CAlifornia as I know it can take ages for postage. Maybe you could bow out for a month or two until you are sorted then we could look into how much it would cost and see if its is possible.

Keep going until you know whats happening.

<you dont need to be guilty my calendar still says April, so you are ok! wink>

Everyone else on track?????? <or ignoring me?????>

jamaisjedors Sun 01-May-11 16:30:18

Not ignoring you, waiting for my books, hopefully will get them on Monday and get reading fast!

V. big news mdavza - fingers crossed it all goes well - how do you feel about the move?

mdavza Mon 02-May-11 06:40:26

Thanks for asking, jamais. To be honest, I would have preferred it to be more of a choice and less of being pushed because of the silly new immigration laws, but there you have it. I'm becoming more excited now, since my Dh will be earning a bigger salary and I'll be able to be a housefemale for a while. I'll get bored, and would want to work, but then again, there are loads to do, and pools, and sunshine, and it will be great to spend time with my son. We've also decided to get another baby when we're there (BIG smile!). So all in all, mostly positive.

I also thought that I might need to bow out from the group, but let's see how it goes.

Enjoy the holiday!

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Mon 02-May-11 08:46:50

mdavza ~ WOW very exciting news, for group I would come and deliver the books to you, but just for the good of the group you understand grin. We could let you know the books we are Reading and you could still join in?

Bobolbach Tue 03-May-11 21:44:03

Got your book today Mdavza. Thanks.
Sorry I've not been on here for ages. Mum was up visiting and then we were on holiday, and the weeks have raced by.

Very exciting news about the move - although with the great weather we're all having at the moment I'm not too jealous (but will be when the inevitable rain comes!)

I'm really sorry but I haven't posted on yet. PROMISE I will do it tomorrow. Sorry Makingchanges - you should have it on Thursday.
RIght I'm going to head over to FB to to the reviews.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

jamaisjedors Wed 04-May-11 09:52:38

I am racing through last month's book (received from PA on Monday). I think I will have finished it by the end of the month so will post on quick sharp so as not to hold things up - I think we will probably make up for the "missing" month at this rate.

ChickFlit Wed 04-May-11 09:55:30

DH is going to post my book on today. JJ if you email me the name of the book, I'll try and get it on my Kindle and then no need for you go so fast with it.

jamaisjedors Wed 04-May-11 10:50:53

Hi Chickflit. Honestly I'll have finished it by tonight I think and will post on tomorrow, it's a very easy read. It's 4.99 for the kindle edition so probably not worth you paying for it if I can send it to you in a couple of days.

ChickFlit Wed 04-May-11 12:03:43

OK JJ if that's OK with you then I'm happy to wait. I've got another book to finish before I start anyhow.

I just didn't want you rushing through it just to send on to me in time.

loler Wed 04-May-11 12:25:03

I love California - if being forced to live any where in the world - I wouldn't mind it being there (with DH current job the only place we could be sort of forced to live is Abu Dhabi and that is the last place I would want to go!). Good luck with the move, new baby and sunshine!

I've received today and I posted this morning (I'm blaming the bank holidays for not getting to the post office!)

5ofus Wed 04-May-11 20:22:45

No book here with me yet grin(

Luckily Charlaine Harris' newest one arrived yesterday to keep me busy - shame I finished it today!

5ofus Wed 04-May-11 20:24:12

Oops - that was supposed to be a sad smiley with an " o " for a nose.

sad

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Wed 04-May-11 20:25:06

Received my book, thanks.

Good to see lots of you on here. grin

Hopefully your book will arrive soon, 5ofus, I think all these bank holidays have really delayed things.

jamaisjedors Thu 05-May-11 10:28:28

Posted mine this morning to you Chickflit so think we are back on schedule despite the missing book!

BTW, thank you so much PA for the little extra wink! Much appreciated.

Bobolbach Thu 05-May-11 22:32:05

JJ got your book this month and I must say 'well done' for having the samllest / thinnest book of the swaps!!!

Will make posting on nice and cheap! (Although, if I wasn't always blummin late doing it, I wouldn't have to fork out for first class grin)

Have started it, and so far very good.

jamaisjedors Fri 06-May-11 07:59:58

Thank you Bobolbach - I learnt from the last swap that something thin is a good bet! Hope you enjoy it too.

5ofus Mon 09-May-11 15:28:38

Still no book here sad

loler Mon 09-May-11 17:04:45

I'm very worried about the lack of house work I've done today - house is stinky there's no clean uniform for tomorrow and dog is sat with her legs crossed - I blame muchwanted's book....think it might be a late night tonight too!

5ofus Mon 09-May-11 18:28:22

Yay - great to hear someone else has the same reading bug as me. I'm reading Ken Follett's - The Pillars of the Earth, about half way through and it's calling me now smile

ChickFlit Mon 09-May-11 18:42:35

Thanks JJ I received my book today.

5ofus Pillars of the Earth is a fabulous book and then before you know it you'll be drawn into the sequel Worlds Without End - I can't look at a cathedral or an old bridge now without thinking about how they were built. I think Ken Follett is a great author -actually Hammer of Eden was another one he wrote that I really enjoyed.

5ofus Mon 09-May-11 19:45:53

I already have Worlds Without End lined up ready to go smile

I failed to convince my family Worcester Cathedral was a good place to take the kids when we were in the area too.

Bobolbach Tue 10-May-11 20:19:53

Another Pillars of the Earth / World Without End fan here too.

Terrific books.

5ofus I would leave it a while before diving straight into World Without End. I read them about 6 months apart, but DP read them one after the other and found them a bit too similar. He thought that although the plots were different the same character types are in each book (strong female lead, typical bad guy etc etc) so found it a bit predictable.

I didn't think that - probably due to the gap I left between reading the books. Just a thought...grin

I'll have a look at Hammer of Eden - not read anything else of his. Thanks for the tip chickflit.

ChickFlit Tue 10-May-11 21:33:46

Hammer of Eden is a completely different genre Bobolbach it's a thriller, I found it really clever though.

I read World Without End straight after Pillars of the Earth with no break but I didn't find them too predictable. I preferred World Without End, but I think that's because I'd watched Pillars of the Earth on TV before reading the book. One of the things that fascinated me when reading the books was how people's surnames developed for some reason this really caught my imagination.

I've got some more Ken Follett on my Kindle that I'm looking forward to reading in the future.

5ofus Wed 11-May-11 13:56:58

Righto - I have so many on my TBR pile I can shuffle it back a bit smile

Book arrived yet 5ofus?

muchwanted Wed 11-May-11 21:00:34

Hope you received the book mdavza.

Chickflit just checking if the book got posted on as I haven't received it yet.

I have just finished reading a brilliant book called The Crying Tree.

ChickFlit Wed 11-May-11 22:01:54

I'm really sorry muchwanted I thought DH had posted the book last week, just checked with him and it's still in his bag, he will post tomorrow.

5ofus Wed 11-May-11 23:11:16

No book here yet! sad

Mind you I'm still reading Pillars of the Earth and will be for quite some time!

5ofus Thu 12-May-11 11:02:04

Yay my book is here smile

jamaisjedors Sat 14-May-11 09:24:24

Am sending off next month's book now (because I have finished it and am going to the post office). Hope that's ok chickflit?

muchwanted Sat 14-May-11 21:24:17

Thanks chickflit received book today.

loler Fri 20-May-11 17:28:59

Missy10 - posted the next book this morning

Seems to be very quiet on here and on fb - where's everyone gone?

We are all busy reading !! grin

I am hoping that DH will get to the POst Office in the morning with mine JJ, if not I will send it off on Monday.

jamaisjedors Fri 20-May-11 23:40:33

Wow you are super speedy PA - well done - I will look out for it.

blush blush blush Not so super spedy, I am afraid. I didnt get on with it and have given up!! (Sorry, whoever's it is)
I will do a review on FB later.

You, on the other hand JJ, have managed to do 2 this month, havent you?

HAve a good weekend everyone.

jamaisjedors Sat 21-May-11 08:56:11

Well yes but they were very easy reads! Which book was it? There is one book I have already read which needs sending straight on to chickflit - I will look it up on facebook.

hope your weekend goes well too.

loler Sat 21-May-11 09:43:01

jj - If it's the one about the lady, you've commented on FB about reading, then I've just sent that to Missy?

jamaisjedors Sat 21-May-11 14:39:45

That's it loler. Good to know. Did you enjoy it? I absolutely LOVED it, until the end, which as others said, was kind of rambling and disappointing.

mdavza Fri 27-May-11 10:18:35

Muchwanted, sorry, I forgot to say that I've received and read the book. I'm on my way to the postoffice to post it on.

But PA, I think I need to bow out of the book club here. Things are seriously heating up regarding our move to America, and I don't want more things on my 'to do' list at the moment, so if it's ok, would you please from now on cut me out of the loop? I'll still keep an eye on the thread and FB as much as I can, but I am swamped with admin at the moment.

Bye!

mdavza- I am sure I speak type for everyone on here to wish you well in your move and your new life! smile
Thank you for being on board here. If you let me have your new address I will organise for your own book to be posted to your new address at the end of the year when we are all finished.

HC1 (sorry, I think you have name changed now.) i have facebooked about the posting on, but could you also please put a number 2 in the book that you are posting on this month so that we know which order to keep them in and hopefully we wont get too muddled, or it could cause problems as the year goes on.

Meanwhile, everyone ahead of (or behind - it depends which way you are looking) mdavza in the circuit should have a month of having 2 books to read.
If you find you cant read the 2 books in the month, please keep the circuit on target by posting the first one at the end of a month and the other when you are finished. If you post both on together please just make it clear which should be read first.
Hope that is clear to everyone. confused

<waves to mdavza grin >

muchwanted Sun 29-May-11 10:41:28

Got your message on facebook pa. Wishing you all the best mdavza. Will post the book on Tuesday. Hope everyone is good.

Hi All

Sorry I've lost track of who has changed names (I know that someone has) but just to let you know chickflick I surprised myself by really enjoying your book and Loler I've just finished it so I will post first thing on Tuesday so will be a couple of days late.

I'm really enjoying this book swap and I'm reading and enjoying loads of books that I wouldn't normally have read so thanks all.

chickflit Mon 30-May-11 20:56:04

Best of luck with your move mdavza keep in touch with us. Maybe you could get a Kindle and stay in with the group that way - I've pretty much managed to find most of the books we've read this time round (by fair means or foul) in electronic format, so we could always email onto you and save the cost of postage.

I can't remember who I'm posting on to is it muchwanted HC1 in the olden days, anyhow DH has two books for you which he took back to the UK today. He won't get himself sorted to post tomorrow but hopefully he will remember to post on Wednesday and this time I will chivvy him along. They're both easy reads which is why I got through them so quickly. Read the one with the purple cover first.

And Loler he has a book from the last swap that he's sending on to you. I can't remember whose it was but happy reading.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this round of books. Am I tempting fate by saying it seems to be going quite smoothly?

5ofus Tue 31-May-11 22:42:15

I'm reading away but haven't finished yet! Read a long book in May that has pushed my reading schedule back a bit. I will finish and post by next Monday 6th if that's OK?

Lovebeing.. have you posted yet?

Has everyone else sent and received so far this month?

chickflit Thu 09-Jun-11 11:34:48

I sent at the end of last week/beginning of this week.

Did you receive the werewolf books I emailed you PA?

Yes thanks, Chick. I haven't worked out how to format it all yet, but will get to it sometime soon. Thank you very much.

No book here still. sad

5ofus Thu 16-Jun-11 10:47:58

Got my book today smile

Loved my last book.

How is everyone doing? Dont forget to review on Facey B!!

Getting ready to post on again this week??

5ofus Sat 25-Jun-11 20:56:01

Just about to start it blush

All gone a bit quiet on here <looks over top of glasses perched on end of nose>
Is anyone around?? ANyone sent yet?

I was organised and went to the post office to post my book on, only to discover it was left on my kitchen work top, so will try again on Tuesday, sorry JJ. blush

jamaisjedors Sat 02-Jul-11 16:16:33

Hi yes, I was thinking things were very quiet too - the thread has dropped off my ''i'm on" list - luckily just saw it in Active Convos!

I'm afraid I haven't managed to read this month's book but willl post it on anyway, will do it on Monday morning.

I will be a bit quiet because I'm going to the UK for a couple of days for work, then will be mad busy finishing things up at work before we go away camping in the Vendée. [fingers crossed for good weather!]

Have a good July everyone - will be back towards the end of the month - PA yours should arrive before I go camping on the 13th so will be fine. thanks

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sat 02-Jul-11 16:18:08

Ditto jj.

Will be posting very early next week x

Did you post when you said Lovebeing? as I have not received anything yet.

JJ - if you have not received yours yet, you should get it any day now, posted on Tuesday just gone.

RIGHT - come on ladies, where are you all? Has everyone else posted and received this month?

muchwanted Sat 09-Jul-11 19:25:28

Hello everyone

Well depsite a two week holiday in Cornwall - I didn't have chance to pick up a book and have been very busy since we got back so I haven't read last month's book. I will be sending it on on Monday - Wednesday at the latest. I can feel PA looking over her glasses at me.

chickflit Sun 10-Jul-11 14:13:57

I'm not posting this month as I was a super swot last month and posted two on at the same time. I think I am due to receive though.

Hope everyone is going on lovely holidays - I'm doing house renovations so sadly won't be going away.

jamaisjedors Sun 10-Jul-11 14:38:09

Yes sorry chickflit, what with 2 work trips and people to stay I haven't posted on yet (blush) but will without fail tomorrow because I'll be away again from Wednesday.

PA will let you know when I get the book - hopefully before my holiday - is it good?

Fantastic book JJ. Best one, i think, loved, loved, loved it!!

Advance warning that I am away at the end of July, I was hoping to be able to post the book on to you before I go away, but I have not received yet, so I may run out of time. If I do, I will send as soon as I am back on 6th August.

jamaisjedors Sun 10-Jul-11 17:05:19

6th of August will be absolutely fine, I will have lots of time for reading in August.

Looking forward to getting that one then.

missy10 Mon 11-Jul-11 23:23:31

just posted on the fb page for 5ofus sorry im late posting you should get in in the next few days i posted this after noon

5ofusLookingForHorcruxes Tue 12-Jul-11 10:08:50

Righto - I'll be posting today too blush

Next month I promise to be on time!

You like my HP name? Got tickets booked for Friday night! grin

jamaisjedors Tue 12-Jul-11 12:55:37

Done this morning chickflit. So sorry for the delay.

Erm - I'm confused - I received two books this month. I think this is because someone had to drop out. Does this mean I have to send both on by the end of this month - or is one for next month anddoes it matter which way round they are read?

Trust me- It doesn't take much to confuse me today

chickflit Tue 12-Jul-11 13:14:58

Makingchanges is it me posting to you? I can't remember if I am because you've name changed. Anyhow I sent somebody two books at the beginning of June one for June and then one for July - just because I'd got them early and read them quickly.

chickflit Tue 12-Jul-11 13:16:20

5ofus I'm off to see the new HP film at 5.00 tomorrow afternoon, DS2 very excited. The downside of it is I have to watch it in French, but I've read the book so I'll follow the story.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Tue 12-Jul-11 13:43:17

So sorry not been very well and it went straight out of my head, will post tomorrow x

I haven't name changed chickflit I got these at the beginning of July. I'm ok if they ae two months of books - I'm just hoping I'm not going to get another one at the beginning of August. I'm just going to pick one I think and see how I go.

Thanks Lovebeing Hope you are better now. smile

Makingchanges - Dont worry about the 2 books, just read as you can and post one on each month. There will be extra books in the mix, dont worry about it! smile

The next few months are probably going to be a bit disorganised for everyone with holidays and everything going on - or everything relaxing over the summer, so lets just all try our best and post on when you can. Keep in contact on here when you can and let everyone know whats happening.
Happy summer reading everyone! grin

jamaisjedors Tue 12-Jul-11 21:57:27

Thanks PA - got my book today.

Happy holidays and happy reading everyone!

Did you post on Wednesday Lovebeing as I still have not received it.

Book arrived today, thanks. Looks like another good one!! smile

chickflit Tue 19-Jul-11 19:48:53

My book arrived today too, I'm looking forward to reading it.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Tue 19-Jul-11 20:13:17

Glad to hear it pa.

Am awaiting mine, was my last day at work today so should help with turnaround times grin

5ofus Sun 24-Jul-11 21:41:04

I'm sorry I'm sorry! Life has got in the way of reading. I will post Monday and will include this months and last months too.

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 26-Jul-11 19:27:51

Thanks will let you know when they arrive smile

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sat 30-Jul-11 19:47:50

5ofus, did you post as still not had anything sad

I can get myself in trouble with the boss all by myself you know, I ahve to post onto the boss lady shock (that scared not shocked!)

jamaisjedors Sat 30-Jul-11 20:12:56

Hope you are enjoying your maternity leave Lovebeing...?

I am ready to post on for this month - I reluctantly read the book, got bored of it for a bit and now have finished it in a bit of a flurry!

I think PA is on holiday, so will get the next one a bit later I expect but I have plenty of reading time in August so not a problem.

Hope everyone's summer is going well? Here it looks like the good weather is finally on its way - we had a rainy holiday camping in the West of France last week, but it was brilliant anyway.

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sat 30-Jul-11 20:46:53

Yes thanks jj. Hoping to get mind and house sorted before he arrives.

Glad you had a good holiday.

5ofus Mon 01-Aug-11 23:19:10

Posted yes but only on Saturday sorry!

Life got busy and reading had to take a back seat sadly. I've got a new job and summer holidays are here so this month you have a very late book, and TWO early ones. Sorry again for posting so late! I've included a note so you know what order they should be in.

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 02-Aug-11 07:09:03

Not to worry was only concerned incase they'd got lost!

Not sure what to do yet, when pa gets back will get our heads together, as ds is due in early Spey and don't want to end up with half the books at my house grin

chickflit Sun 07-Aug-11 08:34:45

I posted August's book on Friday so am on schedule with the posting. I didn't get round to reading it but have it on my Kindle so will read when I've finished my current book.

Hope you're having a nice relaxing time Lovebeing and getting some rest before DS arrives.

Hope everyone is on schedule before PA gets back from her hols.

jamaisjedors Sun 07-Aug-11 18:16:22

Sorry chickflit - I have the next book ready in an envelope and have been carrying it around with me for a week- I will go tomorrow morning first thing!

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Mon 08-Aug-11 07:52:40

Sorry forgot to say my pile if books have arrived grin

chickflit Mon 08-Aug-11 11:24:30

jamais don't worry I'm behind with my reading now anyhow so no rush.

Lovebeing if that's not a good excuse to sit with your feet up and enjoy your maternity leave I don't know what is.

Right ladies, have you all been rioting in my absence? grin

JJ, sorry!!!! Book has now been sent. Life got a bit manic before our holiday.

Lovebeing dont worry about the books. Just send them on when you can. I have got loads of official boring stuff to read wade through over the next few weeks. Are you thinking of hopping out of the circuit for a couple of months when babe arrives? Just whatever is best for you. Just let me and whoever sends to you know, then we can arrange between us what we are doing.

Enjoy the summer holidays everyone. Happy reading!!! smile

jamaisjedors Tue 09-Aug-11 19:37:07

So how was the holiday PA? Hot? It's been pretty dreadful here!

Holiday was hot, villa was wonderful, just a perfect week. Why does it have to end???

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 09-Aug-11 21:26:11

It doesn't end though, you live on holiday grin

I've got three books, July, aug and sept and ds is due sept 8th shock so think I'm gonna send julys on otherwise I really will be holding things up.

Due on my birthday! grin

muchwanted Wed 10-Aug-11 22:06:23

hi all

Well I was rubbish at not reading last month's book and I am being very slow with this one. I am hoping to send it on by the end of next week - sorry. I think I post to majorpettigrew - not sure if you have name changed.

Thanks Chickflit - have received next book.

Great to hear about people's holidays. When I went away I didn't pick a book up in two weeks!

jamaisjedors Wed 10-Aug-11 22:06:51

oooh DS1 was born Sept 7th!

Should be champagne wine all round on the 7th and 8th then. grin

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Wed 10-Aug-11 22:33:43

I'd be happy to wait a bit longer tbh

jamaisjedors Fri 12-Aug-11 14:41:46

Got the book today thanks PA.

Bit quiet round here, isnt it??

Lovebeing... I know you probably have other things on you mind, but I have not received my August book yet? You did say you were going to the post office with it ages ago. Did you go? Have you sent?

I hope everyone else is having a good summer with lots of relaxing and reading.

Are you ready to start posting on again?

JJ as soon as I get the August book i will get stuck in ad send it on to you asap, but it might be a little delayed.

jamaisjedors Thu 25-Aug-11 21:30:26

ok, no worries PA! I am ready to send on this month's - will try and do it tomorrow before the rush of back to work/school etc.

Errrrr..........anyone done any posting?

I am still waiting to hear back from Lovebeing. I sent a facebook message, but it is quite possible she has other, more exciting things going on!!

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 30-Aug-11 06:51:11

Morning all

Sorry pa am going to be posting today, will send all 3.

No baby yet!

chickflit Tue 30-Aug-11 06:55:47

I think DH posted for me last week so I'm all done.

How are you feeling Love? These last couple of weeks are always a nightmare aren't they? Hope you're getting a chance to get some rest.

A very uneventful summer holidays for me - apart from getting a kitten and a puppy we've not done much at all however I am looking forward to the DC's going back to school on Monday.

Wow. Nothing for weeks, then 3 of us up early in the morning together!! Like buses..... <not saying you look like the back end of one though> <<oh help, I think I am digging myself into a hole>>

Cheery waves and have a good day. Thanks Lovebeing and good luck with babe!

<<<Scarpers before I say anything else remotely offensive!>>>

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 30-Aug-11 08:14:54

Think back end of a bus describes me perfectly right now grin

Thanks chick defo feeling the difference this time being almost 39 weeks with a 3.5 yr old confused

muchwanted Wed 31-Aug-11 20:51:44

Thanks chickflit have received the book. Should be posting on in a week - it is taking a while to get through.

Start a new job tomorrow am and ds1 starts school next week - all new beginnings. Have really enjoyed a relaxing summer but it has gone too quickly.

Lovebeing - not arrived yet, should it have done???

Are you getting the September book for you sent to you, or are you bowing out for a few months until life has settled down a bit for you?

chickflit Sat 10-Sep-11 19:36:40

Hope everyone is well and that the new job is what you expected muchwanted.

Congratulations to Lovebeing on her new arrival.

No book arrived here at the moment but am ploughing through stuff I've got here so no worries.

Tis very quiet on here at the moment.

Hi Chickflit - tis all quiet, isnt it?

Congratulations to Lovebeing.

Has everyone posted and received? I have nothing to post, but it should be arriving with me soon, so I will read it ASAP and get it on its way to you, JJ.

jamaisjedors Sat 10-Sep-11 23:59:30

So quiet you've dropped off my "Threads I'm on" list - had to do a search! I have posted, but a little late, so am relieved to see chickflit says that's ok!!

I thought that I shouldn't be expecting anything - don't worry PA, I am going to start a new book (actually the David Mitchell MN book club one) which is v. long so will take a breather from the book swap ones until I get the next one PA - even if it's at the end of the month that will be fine.

I'm guessing you all must know something I don't about lovebeing's new arrival - so I will say congrats too and wait to hear more - hope all is ok?

I am up stupid-late because DH is away and I always end up mning til 1am when he's not here - and then can't cope with the DC the next day. At least it's Sunday tomorrow, not a weekday!

I am on mn slightly less because I'm vowing not to look at it at work - my job means what I don't get done at work has to be done at home, so the hour or two I might have spent at work mn-ing will have to go - new term, new resolutions.

chickflit Sun 11-Sep-11 07:37:13

Excellent resolution JJ I'm not on here as much anymore too because like you, if I don't get work done during the day then I have to do it on a night when the DC's are in bed, plus I think MN has got a bit pants lately so that's helping.

Lovebeing had her lovely baby earlier this week, she's got a picture of him on FB.

I'm going to try that David Mitchell book too, am reading another MN Book Club book at the moment. I've just finished a book I really enjoyed The Passage by Justin Cronin, not my normal cup of tea but I'd seen it recommended on here. It was really good and if you see it give it a go.

jamaisjedors Wed 14-Sep-11 18:09:05

Have you had the book yet chickflit - I sent it over a week ago?

Thanks for the recommendation - will look out for it.

Still waiting here <drums fingers>.

jamaisjedors Wed 14-Sep-11 20:13:43

oh dear PA. Who is sending to Lovebeing this month? Can they send direct to you?

I think Love being has the September book from her, then ,yes, it is coming direct to me. I am expecting 3 books (August's, September's and an extra).

chickflit Wed 14-Sep-11 22:24:31

Hi JJ book arrived yesterday - they always take over a week to come from you La Poste is pretty rubbish. Parcels/letters from the UK take three days. It once took them six weeks to deliver a letter from a village 15 minutes away.

PA do you know what books are coming to you? Maybe I could get them in Kindle format for you and then you could give them a start.

Lovebeing is going to be too tied up to be remembering posting this week isn't she? But if we know what you're getting I can have a look for you.

jamaisjedors Wed 14-Sep-11 22:49:42

Grrr sorry chickflit - I carried it around in the car for a week before posting it - will try to do better next time, although no book this month anyway (so none for you next month, so I suppose you can take your time reading it!).

That's a thought Chick - I dont know what they are but maybe someone else before me in the circuit will remember. Anyone????

loler Fri 16-Sep-11 20:26:56

Just dropping in to say hello as not been on in ages. DH had an ipad for his birthday so I've been addicted to Zombie farming! Jamais - I'm also staying up til stupid times aas DH been away a lot - really struggling to get up in the mornings. Don't know why I do it - I just potter, where as when he's home I fall asleep on the sofa in front of the tv.

Congratulations Lovebeing - hope you're lovebeingamumagain!

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Fri 16-Sep-11 22:28:30

I have posted although a lot little late blush

And as you can see from my name yes I do love being a mummy again grin. Can't believe how fast it's gone already he's over a week old. He is fab and bf is going really well. He'd even put on weight when weighted at 6 days shock but still jaundiced so fingers crossed for tue otherwise it's blood test time.

I know I haven't posted a birth report anywhere yet but for those interested it was quite quick. By the time dh got home (if you saw that thread) I was having contractions every 2/3 mins, so only at hospital for about half an hour before he arrived. He was a little shocked so needed oxygen but was holding his head up in the delivery room and looking round shock. Have to say establishing bf'ing with a newborn who can use his neck was challenging and a bit like trying to bf a nodding dog at times, but we are there now!

jamaisjedors Sat 17-Sep-11 19:34:18

Ahh glad to hear a bit more about it - hope you are still enjoying it.

muchwanted Sun 18-Sep-11 20:04:03

Hi all

Huge congratulations to lovebeing - so glad you are enjoying it. I am ploughing my way through august's book still and it is going to take some time. I send to I think majorpettigrew but I think she namechanged a while ago. Maybe positive attitude cab enlighten me. Anyway would like to finish but may be end of month before I do or am happy to post on to keep things moving.

5ofus Mon 19-Sep-11 10:05:31

Congratulations again lovebeing. What a fab name too. Same as my youngest son grin

Bookwise - I've lost track blush

I think I'm due a book on 1st October but I have nothing to post on. Busy summer hols + new job meant I decided to skip a couple hence the massive 3 book parcel that's doing the rounds (sorry blush again)

5ofus Mon 19-Sep-11 10:08:29

Chickflit - I also enjoyed The Passage - although felt like there was a story in there desperate to get out from behind all the flim flam and extra wordery. Took me about a month to read it as I had to take a break in the middle. Might have been me commenting on it upthread!

YAY Books have arrived!! I will do my best, but dont expect your September book too soon JJ. I will read and send and hopefully somewhere along the way we will all catch up a bit!!

jamaisjedors Tue 20-Sep-11 19:51:08

I'm not expecting it until at least October PA (btw if it's by Curtis Sittenfeld don't send it to me - I've read it!) - I'm in the middle of The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet and trying to read it before the webchat on the 28th so no rush at all!

Hi JJ, right this could work out ok. I am reading my "August" book now and will get it to you. Then my "September" book is the one you have read, so I will post direct to Chick so that will sort of speed the backlog up, IYSWIM. So then my "October" book will be on track.
The only problem i see with this is that the one I am sending direct to Chick may get ahead of the one before it, which we just need to be aware of at the end of the year to avoid confusion. confused

Its a bit early in the morning for my brain to work this all out!!

Has everyone else got their books???

jamaisjedors Wed 21-Sep-11 10:30:58

Ok good - that sounds workable - I think!

Chick had a book from me this month, so will have something to send on, and then it probably doesn't matter if the order gets a little muddled - we can sort out who has read what by checking the discussions on facebook - if everyone remembers to write their review or at least a quick not to say they have had the book/read it/passed it straight on.

jamaisjedors Mon 03-Oct-11 20:18:39

It's that time of the month (no not that time of the month - not for me anyway ! wink.

How is everyone getting on?

Hi JJ, I will be posting on to you either today or tomorrow, but this is last months book for you. I am now onto book number 2, which will be going direct to Chick.

Hope everyone has either been to the post office, or is ready to go. We have all gone a bit quiet, havent we? I know i am guilty too, but it would be good to all touch base again and keep in touch with everyone.

muchwanted Tue 04-Oct-11 12:07:53

We must be nearing the end of this round. I am afraid I have lost track a bit. I have got a bit behind so last week sent on August's book and now have started september's book. Hope to be quicker this time. I presume I have one more book to get from Chickflit after this.

Not getting much reading done/
. My oldest ds has started school but I seem to have less time in the day!

chickflit Tue 04-Oct-11 18:13:00

muchwanted I'm glad you've fallen behind because DH forgot to take the book back for this month and he's not home again until 22 October. If I hang on till then and send it, you should have a book every month as I'm not getting a book this month. Hope that's okay.

I think there are only two books left in the round so maybe at the end of this month we need to arrange a get together and sort out next time around.

Hope everyone is well, unfortunately as work has been very quiet I've had time for lots of reading. I can recommend Room by Emma Donoghue, in fact I might put it forward as my book for next time round and I'm also enjoying The Help by Katherine Stockett. JJ what's the David Mitchell book like, I haven't got round to starting it yet?

Room by Emma Donoghue is absolutely fantastic, Chick. Hi by the way! grin

chickflit Sat 15-Oct-11 21:17:48

Hello all, have you seen there are changes afoot with our Facebook group, it looks like Facebook are going to try and archive it. PA as group administrator I think you need to go into the group and click upgrade this group.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their reading.

I think next month might be our last round of books, shall we all try and get together at the same time and discuss what happens next.

Thanks Chick I didnt know about this soooooooo...............

Right everyone. There's not enough activity on here to upgrade this page, so if we dont use it we will lose it!!
Come and talk. Talk about your books. Talk about posting on. Talk when you have received your book. Talk about the weather. Talk about how wonderful I am......hmm

Anything at all!!!

Agree that we should all have a group hug discussion at the end. Any suggestions? Last time facebook was a nightmare for that wasnt it? And we decamped to here, or was it the other way round????? confused

jamaisjedors Sun 16-Oct-11 19:59:45

Hi PA (and everyone else!). Just got back from a week away for week and found the book (which looks good) and a very tempting extra! Thank you so much.

I'll be good and go on facebook if I can but DH is away again all next week so things will be a little hectic.

I will start preparing my next lot of books. I think we did pretty well this time although possibly the rules for next time could be to aim for something shortish? wink

Can I just warn you all that I wont be in next time due to some massive changes afoot for us next year.
We are off to live in Phnom Penh, Cambodia next summer for 2 years. We will be working with the families and children who live in the slums. All very exciting, but masses to prepare for. Most daunting is a whole language to learn!! So not a lot of extra time for reading, so could someone else take over as esteemed leader? I am prepared to help anyone sort out the posting list of addresses if you need help and I dont really want to say good bye to you all so may still pop my head in to the thread and annoy you all. grin

chickflit Mon 17-Oct-11 15:26:04

PA that sounds wonderful what an amazing person you are, but I don't think we can let you go that easily, you're our great leader, we all bow down to you. You have to be honorary lucky mascot or something. I'm sure I can find a way to stock you up with books before you go and while you're there.

I'm happy to take over with the organising but I'm not as good at kicking backsides as you.

What language do they speak in Cambodia? Take it from someone who has been trying to learn a second language for the last five years, you always need to take some time out to read a book and relax your brain.

I'm feeling all distraught, we can't be without you.

jamaisjedors Mon 17-Oct-11 18:34:31

oh no don't leave us!! Well I suppose Cambodia needs you more than us! How did you get involved in the project - do tell all!

I am away from home this week with work. can only accbut will tell you more at the weekend. have a good week and happy reading smile ess throuh my phone. not ignoing you

Bloomin phone i cant see what i am typing and it is all jumbled. [ confused].

5ofus Tue 18-Oct-11 12:39:04

Wow - what an opportunity. Sounds like an amazing couple of years in store for you PA. We will miss your bossiness organisational skills.

Off to the facebook group now to make it busier. Even though I've not had books for a while sad

5ofus Tue 18-Oct-11 12:39:40

and yes, keep in touch!!

muchwanted Thu 20-Oct-11 12:17:08

PA - sounds like an amazing opportunity - but we will be very sad to see you go.
Chickflit thanks for volunteering to step in - it would be great if the swap could continue.
I have just finished my present book so will be sending on shortly. It is very quiet on the facebook page is everyone still in - or have we lost a few aprt from mdavza.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the comments.

We have known for years that we would go and do some sort of mission work at some point in our lives. We always assumed it would be when the children were older, not needed us and we would be financially able to do it without worries...........errrrrr well, its not quite like that. We will be taking DS and DD4 with us and leaving DD1, 2 & 3 at home to look after the family home for us. We will both be leaving our jobs and heading off. We will be working with the families in the worst area of Phnom Penh, doing family and childrens work.

I am hoping to have internet access, so will keep an eye on you all.

Chick - can you purchase from Amazon while abroad and get things on your Kindle, then download it the same as I do here? Not sure how this all works. I am just wondering if I might need to stockpile a load before I go, to load it up.

I need to do some reviews over the next couple of days, I think I am a bit behind.

Happy half term week for everyone. grin

chickflit Mon 24-Oct-11 19:12:49

PA I'm busy working at the moment but I'm going to PM you with regard to Kindle books.

I have no problems buying and downloading books from Amazon abroad and my parents live in Africa and my mum was just complaining last night that dad finds it far too easy to buy books, so I don't think you're going to have any problems.

Ladies, now that PA is off to do much better things with her life, I'm going to try to organise you all and my first step is, we're coming to the end of this round, only one book left I think. So can we all try and arrange a time as we've done previously to discuss our next round. So a few questions, do you want to do it here or on Facebook? Do you want to open up the group to other members? When is the best time for us all to get together, I'm available any evening (because I have no life) from 8.00 pm UK time, so if everybody can put forward their suggestions then we can get sorted.

PA please don't completely leave us as I've promoted you to cheerleader so we need you to wave your pompoms encouragingly from the sides.

chickflit Mon 24-Oct-11 19:14:28

How bossy am I? Now if only I could get these bloody kids into their beds instead of running around upstairs shrieking like banshees.

Chick you have made me grin. Is bossiness mandatory for the leaders job? If so, you have passed with flying colours! grin

<Give me a L, give me a O, give me a V, give me a E, give me a L, give me a Y!! What have I got? LOVELY waves pom poms and boobs in 6 directions all at once>
HAve I passed my audition? I promise not to scare you all by wearing nothing bikini and not a lot else!!

jamaisjedors Tue 25-Oct-11 19:04:25

Yes you are a great cheerleader. I'm guessing you missed this from September, now seems an appropriate time to point it out !

AAAwwwwwwww!!! You have made me all teary!! thanks

Ohhh PA it'll be strange without you on here.

Chickflit I'm also usually around most nights after 8pm. I don't have a preference re facebook or on here although I can never find this thread hence why I never post.

I think i'm behind on reviews too - i'll take a look tomorrow.

chickflit Wed 26-Oct-11 12:54:52

That was such a nice thing to do JJ. We do appreciate everything you've done for us and our book club PA - you've also passed your cheerleaders audition now can you get yourself out and buy yourself a little outfit - if you're stuck for inspiration watch Glee.

Ladies can I ask you to go over and post something on the FB page - make sure the book reviews are up to date, our page is going to be archived if we don't make it look active.

Someone has started a separate topic for discussion (I've forgotten who's who in the MN names sorry) so maybe if we could contribute to that and start another topic it will make our page look a bit more interesting.

Got a couple of people OK for discussions after 8 pm, can everyone else let me know their availability. I'm a bit busy with work for the next couple of weeks but I'm sure we can aim for something after that.

I'm embracing my inner bossy and loving it!!

5ofus Wed 26-Oct-11 13:58:17

Twas me. On track for 52 books this year smile

loler Mon 07-Nov-11 20:08:33

Oh PA - you really are an amazing person - makes me feel really humble (and a bit useless!). Hope you have an amazing couple of years and remember to keep us informed of how life is (may give me a kick up the bum to go and do something more useful than watching the box!).

Could we let you know what a planned books are for the next round and you could take them with you on your kindle - comment as and when you've read them - no pressure?

Chick thanks for taking on the challenge of filling a huge pair of shoes. Off to think of some shortish happy books for the next round.

Thanks Loler I dont feel half the person you seem to think i am, but thank you! grin

That would be a lovely idea about putting them on my Kindle! Perhaps when everyone is sorted you can let me know by PM or facebook. What a good idea.

JJ and Chick a book each on their way to you now.

aliciaflorrick Fri 11-Nov-11 16:05:24

Ladies tis me Chick can't be bothered to name change just for this particular post, but I think we're all agreed on next Friday at 8.00 pm for our bi-annual conflab. We're probably going to go Off The Beaten Track for the discussion so we stay out of Active Convos. I'll probably start the thread on Wednesday say any of us who have decided they'd rather go and see that ridiculous Twilight movie [I'm a huge fan can you tell] can leave any points that they would like to be discussed.

Details are also on the Facebook page.

Think of any things you want us to discuss and I'll see you all on Friday night. I'll probably most messages on Facebook if I lead up to it.

Has anybody heard from Lovebeing...? She's the only one I think I haven't heard from yet.

MamanDominique Fri 11-Nov-11 17:09:26

Hello,

I see you are coming to the end of your swap. Are you going to start again? I started one a few years ago, but all the ladies on it ganged up on me for running away with their books. shock
can I join in with you? I will come and find you off the beaten track! <and haunt you all>

grin

MamanDominique Sat 12-Nov-11 16:28:44

No-one biting??? sad

grin

aliciaflorrick Sun 13-Nov-11 13:15:54

MamanDomi it's been a while, how are you doing? While we've got your attention can we have our books back please? I think you snaffled a couple.

Sadly, I don't think we have room for you because we really do like to get our books back at the end of a run but I'm sure there's a book group out there just waiting for you. Maybe you could start one up yourself... oh hang on you already did that.

grin

Chick are you going to start a new thread for tomorrow? Could you do a linky onto here, so we can all find it please?

Thanks you.

Could we take a minute or two to see where the books are now because i think there might be a delay somewhere as 5ofus has nothing to send on to me for this month? Thank you.

aliciaflorrick Thu 17-Nov-11 20:41:55

I've done it, new thread on Off The Beaten Track

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/off_the_beaten_track/1345538-Lovely-mums-Book-Swap-part-3

Hopefully the link has worked.

I've not received any books this month and JJ seems to have gone very quiet.

I posted my own book on last week so I'm up to date.

Has everyone posted? Received?

Look at that my first week in post and you've already all gone AWOL grin

Yours for this month came from me. Slightly worrying that you havent received it yet. I posted at the beginning of the month!! hmm

Thanks for linky

aliciaflorrick Thu 17-Nov-11 21:45:15

Actually that is worrying because post from UK normally only takes 5 days max to get to me. Although of course your letter did have to cross the most expensive piece of water in the world, so maybe it's taking its time and getting its money's worth.

I sent one to JJ at the same time. We should ask if she has received hers. I can dig out the receipt, cos I always keep them til I know it has got to you. Will be back in a bit, probably from work though cos I is racing round like a lunatic right now!

aliciaflorrick Fri 18-Nov-11 09:15:02

Have PM'd JJ to see if she received her book.

Sent from here on Monday 7th November. It was late in the day, so might have left the post office on the 8th. It was 3 parcels, Yours, JJs and my daughter birthday presents - hers all arrived on the 9th (this country, though) It had english choccy in for you too!!!!!! Oh no!!!!
JJ normally posts on the thread to say when she has received hers, so a bit surprised that she hasnt.

aliciaflorrick Fri 18-Nov-11 12:26:37

Just had a message from JJ and she received her book and is receiving it, so it just looks like mine. Hope it gets here I love a bit of English choccy - sadly the bills are all getting through to me without problems. So cross your fingers the book arrives too.

aliciaflorrick Fri 18-Nov-11 12:27:22

not receiving it - she's actually reading it.

aliciaflorrick Thu 01-Dec-11 11:59:23

Okay ladies proposals for our electronic round starting in January.

PA has proposed Bloodstream by Tess Gerritsen - which if no-one has any objections to I will make our book for January then she will hopefully have time to read it and join in with any discussions we have.

My proposals are:-

Emma Donoghue - The Sealed Letter
Edward Rutherfurd - The Rebels of Ireland - The Dublin Saga

Emma Donghue wrote Room which I quite enjoyed so was keen to try another one of hers and Edward Rutherfurd books are fairly lengthy, they're historical, but are very enjoyable.

Anybody else got any propositions please put them forward and we'll sort our a reading schedule to start from January.

I have emailed Missy10 asking her to forward on the books she has in her possession. Whoever sends books to her at the moment can you stop for the time being and I'll find out who was receiving books from her and you can send the last book directly to them.

Could I be a pain and ask for my book choice to not be January? Really sorry but I am going to be away from home for all but 5 days in January and wont be having internet access. I will be able to read a book on Kindle, but won't be able to discuss it at all.
If not, then I will read it and add my thoughts when I return home.

I meant to add that I'd love to read the Emma Donague book. Absolutely adored the Room, so would like to read another of hers.
I am an Edward Rutherfurd fan, I have read the Dublin one, its not as long as most of his others, actually.

loler Thu 01-Dec-11 22:53:20

All those books sound good to me. Not read any of them.

I haven't had much of a chance to think about book choices but following the discussions after reading bitten I was thinking of I am legend (meant to be very different from the film) or some other sci-fi stuff, not my normal genre of choice so trying something new.

I send to missy10. I've only got her book so no other books to send on.

5ofus Fri 02-Dec-11 11:40:18

I have bought a Kindle grin

Cue much mirth amongst friends and family as I've been very noisily against them mostly because of not being able to lend books and pass them on. I'm a bit of a library service, people who come to my house tend to leave with a book or two.

5ofus Fri 02-Dec-11 11:42:14

Haven't made book choices yet but will soon, it's a weird time right now as FIL died on Monday and DP is holding the fort with his mum, meaning I'm holding the kids together and trying to get some work done, all the time wondering if it really matters if I fill in this spreadsheet and send it to the man in Germany...

Turns out the man in Germany gets very cross if his spreadsheet doesn't arrive. Love my job smile

aliciaflorrick Fri 02-Dec-11 12:32:11

Sorry to hear of your sad loss 5 hope you get everything sorted.

But congratulations on your new Kindle there is no going back now you've come over to the dark side.

I haven't heard anything from Missy yet but fingers crossed she posts the books on so they get home to the rightful owner.

Okay PA we'll do your book in February if you want.

I haven't read I am Legend - I loved the film it really scared me but I know the people who'd read the book were up in arms because the film was so different - as they generally are.

Sadly PA my book hasn't arrived, I think it's lost along with the very important letter from the Child Benefit people which also hasn't arrived - sadly several bills have managed to make it through.

5ofus Fri 02-Dec-11 12:39:54

Thanks aliciaflorrick. It's a weird time, none of us realised how ill he'd become over the past few years. Thankfully the end stage was short but very intense.

I would like to read I am Legend also inspired by our chat after Bitten.

aliciaflorrick Sat 03-Dec-11 11:38:32

Guess what just arrived in the post PA? Almost a month got to be a new record.

Thank you so much as well for the lurverly English chocolate - it's hidden in my desk drawer away from little hands.

Sorry to read your news 5ofus. sad

Yay, AF I just woke up and thought "I must remember to go to the post office first thing on Monday morning and get a claim form" - then I read this!! Enjoy both parts. wink

muchwanted Sun 11-Dec-11 08:14:04

Sorry not been around. Have caught up on other thread plans for next round. Would like to join in if you will have me! I don't have a kindle nut am happy to get books from library. If I suggest books maybe AF you could see if you can get them free on kindle. I like the idea of all reading same book at sane time and no more feeling guilty that I haven't been to the post office.

aliciaflorrick Sun 11-Dec-11 10:09:25

Hey muchwanted nice to see you around. I'm just reading your book from the last round and will send it back to you after Christmas - funnily enough it's the only one I've been unable to find in electronic format this time round.

If you post a list of books you fancy reading for your month I'll have a loo