surprised by the fatigue - is this normal during/after miscarriage?

(10 Posts)
silvermum Fri 18-Jul-08 15:56:08

I'm going through a m/c - i was just seven weeks pg. Feel reasonably "over it" emotionally, but physically feel like i've just done five rounds with Tyson. My m/c started a week ago and i'm still bleeding.
Anyone else feel/felt like this? Not sure if this exhaustion is physical or psychological.

princessofpower Fri 18-Jul-08 19:07:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SJLTM Fri 18-Jul-08 19:21:44

So sorry for your loss, this was normal for me as well. Lots of rest and TLC for you.

DoubleBluff Fri 18-Jul-08 19:25:44

i had a ' missed abortion' at 12 weeks, and had a d& C. was absolutely shattered after, think it was the upset and the loss of blood, etc. Maybe try a vitamin - tonic?

silvermum Fri 18-Jul-08 19:54:03

am eating too much chocolate...but hey, at times like these.....

castlesintheair Fri 18-Jul-08 21:23:45

Sadly the pg hormones, tiredness being one of them, can hang around for longer than the m/c. Also you are losing blood so this will make you tired. Recommend taking Spatone.

Trascot Tue 30-Jun-09 09:18:11

I had a miscarriage on 9/10 weeks about 2 months ago and I just cannot get myself together physically. Psychologically I am fine, but I keep on feeling ill all the time. Extreme fatique and my head feels like cotton wool where there is supposed to be a brain. Aching muscles, especially in my upper back and neck. I am just not myself. Cannot do much then I want to sleep! Sleeping a lot, but it doesn't seem to help. I feel that I am sleeping my life away! Been to GP's, but no luck - they cannot find anything wrong. I am starting to feel that I am going to feel this way for the rest of my life. GP made me fill out a questionare to see if I might be depressed, but I am not.
Anyone with similar simptoms? The extreme fatigue started on day one of conception. I could not understand why I am feeling so bad and then it just continued throughout the 2 months that I was pregnant and never left me.

Joolsiam Tue 30-Jun-09 09:29:38

I was very very tired and listless after an MC at 11+5 last year - after 2 months of living with it, I went to see my GP, only to find that the EPU had written to him, advising I get put on iron tablets and have regular checks due to the extreme blood loss but they never bloody called angry

Using a different GP now. Seriously, ask them to check your iron levels, or just go and buy some Spatone from a chemist. It worked wonders for me within a couple of days.

jardins Tue 30-Jun-09 11:07:41

Dear all, I agree that iron supplements are really the way to go. Floradix is very efficient. Also I recall feeling ok emotionally but terrible physically with really bad headaches and stiff neck. I recommend going to an osteopath. Mine worked wonders and explained that the pelvis started working even in eary pregnancy and after a miscarriage this would cause an inbalance with the nuchal nerves, spine, etc. (ok,ok, I'm not very good at explaining, am I?) 24hrs after seeing her I felt SO MUCH better. Please don't underestimate the impact this inbalance can cause.

JustShaggy Tue 30-Jun-09 23:11:22

I suffered a MMC very recently and have been utterly exhausted. I called the EPU who said this is one of the most common symptons of miscarriage. I haven't turned this corner yet, and planning to see my GP on Thurs.

Interesting what you say about headaches jardins because I've been crippled with those! EPU told me this had nothing to do with miscarriage and was more likely to be the stress. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now