Periods after ERPC

(6 Posts)
sparksalot Tue 15-Nov-16 12:20:14

Hello

I'm hoping for a some advice and reassurance.
I had an ERPC on 01/10/16 after a mmc and failed medical management. I developed an infection and was on antibiotics a week later. Then I had a slight brown discharge 2 weeks after the erpc for 1 day. Up to now I have experienced cramping almost everday, mood swings and sore breasts, but absolutely no period. Today will be 6 weeks and 2 days since the erpc and I am so worried something is wrong. I've read a lot about Ashermans syndrome and im convincing myself I have this and im now infertile.

Help!

wowwee123 Tue 15-Nov-16 12:22:40

don't worry i doubt it is ashermans. everyone is different. my af came exactly 28 days on from erpc but on the threads at the time some peoples took ages.

did u get a negative test after erpc?

sorry for your loss flowers

sparksalot Tue 15-Nov-16 18:31:10

Hi thanks for responding.

Yeah I have had negative tests for ages now, I keep testing just in case.

I'm just so sick of this waiting around, I feel like my life is on hold until I know for sure I'm ok. I wanted to ttc straight away but I cant and it's killing me.

wowwee123 Tue 15-Nov-16 20:03:50

oh well that's good. it might be worth speaking to your gp if you are worried but im sure af will be back before long or if you're lucky a bfp.

tbh it might do your body good to have a little rest and to recouperate fully.

wishing you all the best! flowers

sparksalot Fri 18-Nov-16 09:54:45

Hi, just an update. Period arrived yesterday so 6 weeks 5 days after ERPC. I'm incredibly relieved and excited that we can start again. Thank you for your support xx

wowwee123 Fri 18-Nov-16 11:27:11

oh thats great news. really pleased.

you will have to get on the ttc after mc boards. fingers crossed for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now