Placenta Abruption

(3 Posts)
Deepika1606 Mon 14-Nov-16 23:01:14

Hi - I am 36 and recently lost my son due to severe placenta abruption. They could not find any medical reason. I wanted to know did anyone around my age had a placental abruption without any medical reason and then went on to have healthy baby in the subsequent pregnancy . Any information would be helpful!

phoebe2016 Fri 09-Dec-16 13:00:46

I don't have any experience of placental abbruption, but couldn't pass by without saying that i am so sorry to hear abour your loss.

MrsFitzherbertsGoat Fri 09-Dec-16 13:14:53

Yes, aged 31 at 34 weeks. Serious abruption but was in hospital when it happened and fortunately / miraculously survived. It was also a concealed abruption so not diagnosed promptly as I wasn't bleeding at first. Am so sorry you lost your son.

Had another child 2 years' later. No complications but I did have an elective CS at 36 weeks to reduce the risk. I wasn't happy going to term, particularly with the delayed diagnosis of my abruption - I wasn't confident doctors would act quickly enough if it happened again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now