Two Chemical Pregnancies

(6 Posts)
BertieTodd Fri 04-Nov-16 09:09:23

I have just had my second chemical pregnancy in two months and I've just made an appointment to see my GP. Could anyone advise what I should be asking for at this stage in terms of investigation/ treatment? I would like to be prepared as I have heard that chemical pregnancies can be dismissed a little when you have already had a child (I have DS1).

thatsnotmybear Fri 04-Nov-16 12:03:29

Hi Bertie, I'm sorry for your losses. I had a missed MC in May, followed by 2 chemical pregnancies in Sept & Oct (bad times eh?!)

The first chemical was at 4w2d and the second at 4w6d. My GP said that these are absolutely classed as miscarriages and has referred me to a recurrent miscarriage clinic & for a scan. I also already have a DS.

The Miscarriage Association advise that it is possible to be referred after 2 miscarriages, so speak to your GP.

BertieTodd Fri 04-Nov-16 14:06:34

Thanks for your reply thats. It's a horrible experience isn't it? My GP is going to refer me so I'm happy with that, it feels good to be doing something proactive. Hopefully you can make progress soon too.

I've been thinking about my pregnancy with DS and the months spent TTC with him, and I'm wondering if this happened then too, as back then I waited till AF was well overdue before I tested and I didn't really trust my own reading of my body signs the way I do now. I remember unusual cramping before AF once or twice and my cycle being longer once I started TTC than it had been before that. I think I find that a reassuring thought as, if it did happen before, it still only took 5 months to conceive and have a successful pregnancy.

cooperbug Fri 04-Nov-16 15:02:10

Sorry for your loss Bertie, I have just had a chemical pregnancy too (have DS who's nearly 2) and still bleeding heavy after almost 2 weeks!
How long did you bleed for and what was your cycle like afterwards if you don't mind me asking? x

BertieTodd Fri 04-Nov-16 16:08:01

I'm sorry for your loss cooper. First time around, 2 months ago, I basically had a completely normal period,
4 or so days of light bleeding with usual mild period like cramps.
This time around, it's different, it's only Day 3 so far but it's heavier, I have clotting and I've had pain higher up in my abdominal area, like incredibly mild labour pains! I think I had some implantation this time around whereas last time I had none at all, even though the pregnant lasted longer the first time (almost 5 weeks compared to just 4.) I'm hoping this doesn't last very long, my cycle the month after last time was completely normal so I'm hoping for the same again.
Has your cycle returned to normal?

BertieTodd Fri 04-Nov-16 16:08:50

I'm sorry, just reread and realised you said you were still bleeding not that you had bled for two weeks,
Apologies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now