Weird feeling and discomfort 2 weeks after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
littletike Thu 03-Nov-16 13:33:22

I had a miscarriage 2-3 weeks ago and stopped bleeding a week ago but I'm concerned about some symptoms that I've had since Monday.

My stomach feels weird... it's like my insides feel bruised/tender when I sit down too hard or bend over, i get a twinge of pain when i go to the toilet and it feels similar to being pregnant in terms of pressure... the scan confirmed miscarriage was complete.

Do you think it needs investigating?

Thingymaboob Fri 11-Nov-16 09:33:30

Hi there little tike, we meet again!
As you know we suffered an mc at same time. I've also got a bit of right sided tenderness.
Been a bit worried about my appendix to be honest and I know what you mean about the soreness. My office is next to the emergency department so I feel comforted by that!
I still haven't had a period since my mc, have you? I'm hoping it will all settle down once that's happened.
Any funky discharge? I passed some really thick snot like discharge last week. It was pink and like glue. Urgh.

emsler Fri 11-Nov-16 12:10:13

I had the same thing mine (although mine was a MMC and I had an ERPC). That weird feeling of pain when you sit down or pee, it's horrible. I called my doctor and they said it was because the uterus starts contracting back down to normal size which can cause discomfort, so it's probably normal - but as with EVERYTHING in miscarriage and pregnancy, if it's worrying you, get it checked out. x

littletike Fri 11-Nov-16 15:22:04

Thank you both.

I stopped bleeding almost two weeks ago now and the discomfort had settled though still some faint cramping. I started bleeding this morning and passed a clot the size of a 50p. The bleeding is very light now so I assume it was the remaining tissue.

I saw a nurse for blood tests last week who said what I was feeling was normal but if it got worse to get it checked out. It's manageable but it's just a constant physical reminder of what's happened sad

Thingymaboob Fri 11-Nov-16 17:24:51

Hi little tike - do you think it's maybe a start of a period?

littletike Fri 11-Nov-16 19:07:40

I dunno to be honest... The blood that wasn't the clot was weird and not like normal period blood but who knows what is normal. The clot itself was quite a uniform circle which was also weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now