Feeling Flu like Symptoms after Miscarriage at 5 weeks

(3 Posts)
Mimimummy3 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:22:17

I miscarried on Fri 21st Oct at work sad. I haven't bled just pinkish discharge. I haven't filled a pad or passed any clots.
I had awful back pain with minimal abdominal pain so I went to the early pregnancy unit at UCH in London and my pregnancy test came out negative.
The nurse said I need to take ibruprofen if the pain is strong but other than that I should be ok.
I wasn't offered a scan..is that normal?
Since friday I still.havent bled, nothing..now today I've woken up so achey and feel I want to stay laying down.
Ive called NHS direct who assessed me over the phone and advised me to see my GP tomorrow morning.
Is it normal to feel achey after a miscarriage? I'm not feverish but I think I could possibly be heading that way?
Please, someone help me because im sitting here crying sad

Thingymaboob Mon 24-Oct-16 23:13:24

I'm so sorry minimummy
Sounds awful. I had a mc last week, I now feel totally drained and had some raging hot flushes at work. Thought it was a temperature. Have been taking ibuprofen and paracetamol throughout the day.
I think they only scan you if test is positive. I was also 5.5 weeks. Some places only scan you at 6+ weeks. Good news is it's likely chemical pregnancy so I'm sure it'll be ok next time. Keep an eye on pain & funky discharge & signs of infection.
I've been taking floradix. Not sure if it's works but got iron and b vitamins and my eyelids have more colour than last week when I'm sure I was bordering anaemia.

JCleRoux Tue 25-Oct-16 21:52:57

Hi mini. I am so sorry for what you are going through. flowers I had a MC in August and don't recognise any of your symptoms although everyone is different. I do think though that it was odd that they didn't give you a scan to make sure. When did you find out you're pregnant and how far along were you supposed to be?

I think if you still feel any better you should go to your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now