Missed MC or Very Early Pregancy...

(6 Posts)
TheRadiantAerynSun Sun 25-Sep-16 18:46:46

Don't really know what I'm after here, maybe just a chance to write it all down.

We've been TTC for about 12 months in a 'DTD lots and see what happens' kind of way. I have a long, irregular cycle and it took 4 years to conceive DS using the same method.

So I was somewhat surprised to get a faint positive test about 3 weeks ago. Got a much stronger line a week later. Don't know why I decided to test, I was still within the 'normal' 20-50 days of my cycle, but I just... felt like I should. Y'know?

From my last period I'm 9 weeks, but I've been having light bleeding almost constantly for about 3 weeks.

This morning I went for an early pregnancy scan due to the bleeding and uncertain dates. The scan showed a pregnancy sac and pole at about 6 weeks. No heartbeat.

It seems that either my dates are much screwier than I thought (very possible) or the pregnancy stopped developing at 6 weeks and my body hasn't caught up with that yet (also very possible.)

Have to wait two weeks for another scan to confirm and I'm dreading it; both the scan and the wait.

Has anyone had similar and it gone on to be ok? I really, really want it to be ok!

MaisyL68 Sun 25-Sep-16 21:23:18

I was told some heartbeats arnt fully there at 6 weeks so very hard to detect! I would try not to think to much stay relaxed and keep eatting well ect, it might be abit late with its heartbeat. Don't worry! Positive thoughts xx

rachelzwor1d Mon 26-Sep-16 11:54:31

Hi there , I'm new to mumsnet so bare with me if I'm doing anything wrong . I just feel I need to get things out on here as Don't seem to get anywhere with gp and hospital 😡. I just wanted to share my experience , I have two children from a previous relationship and me and my new partner really want a child together . My partner has no children .We have been ttc now for 6 months . To my surprise I did a pregnancy test beginning of July 2016 which said 2/3 pregnant . I had a missed period and felt really sick and tired . Having been pregnant before I knew the signs . I was shocked but really excited but after 3 weeks had gone by my sickness had gone along with my other symptoms so I just kinda knew I had lost it .
Anyway I had a scan at EPU which confirmed a sac , feutol pole but no heartbeat , which I should have had as I estimated around 6 weeks preg. This was diagnosed as a missed miscarriage . I was given the choice of a DC or medical management so I went for the medical .
I had the pessaries inserted on the 20th August and went home . No bleeding so I was told to go back a week later for more . I did and the bleeding began , heavy with large clots 😔 I was devastated . This went on for 3 more weeks . Then slightly tailored off . I stopped for a few days then started heavy again with more clots . I don't know if this is my period or the rest of it coming away ? I have had sex while bleeding too so I'm worried if it's a infection or what ? I've gone two days now with no bleeding apart from when I have sex . Anyone help or had this before ? I rang the hospital to ask for another scan to see if it's all cleared or if I have a infection but they said if the pregnancy test was negative then no need to go back 😔.. We just want to ttc again now as its been weeks ! But every time we try , there's is blood ? Xx

onecrazycook Mon 26-Sep-16 19:30:08

Hi TheRadiant,

I'm in a similar situation. I thought I was 10 weeks and have started bleeding. I went today for a scan which showed an empty sac. The sonography says she can see something at the edge which might be a yolk sac but that would make me 4weeks and my BFP date makes that impossible.

I also need another scan next week to be sure but I'm certain, and the hospital are 99.99% sure, that I've miscarried

I'm hating that 0.01% right now

rachelzwor1d Tue 27-Sep-16 11:54:47

Hi TheRadiant

Sorry to hear that . It's awful waiting . I had slight cramping but no blood , I had my first scan which showed a sac dating 3/4 weeks but I should have been 6 weeks plus so I went for another two weeks later and nothing had changed and no heartbeat so it was obvious . It was awful . Anyway I've finally stopped bleeding yesterday (after four /5 weeks ) so I haven't a clue when my fertile period will be or even my actual period . So we're trying again now ! It's so stressful , let me know how you go on x

TheRadiantAerynSun Tue 27-Sep-16 17:32:53

Hi. Thank you. Well, I started pouring with blood today so it looks like it's not going to be ok after all.

I'm on a business trip so I just have to tough it out (very stupid I know, but nothing I can do.) I just want to go home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now