Medical mystery, miscarriage, ongoing or ectopic?

(8 Posts)
user1474509127 Thu 22-Sep-16 02:56:09

Sorry I'm new here and I have found myself in a really unusual situation and was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar?

user1474509127 Thu 22-Sep-16 03:00:55

Sorry, pressed too quick! Me and my other half found ourselves pregnant and at this point had calculated to be 7wks, after having some light bleeding we were referred for both an internal and external scan which came back as showing no evidence of any pregnancy which means we have miscarried very early and may have just caught the end/beginning of MC when we tested. To confirm I was asked to take another pt which came back positive almost immediately. My blood was also taken with a hCg level of 188. I have had no pains or passed any tissue, just intermittent light bleeding. The doctors are clueless and are of the opinion that we have miscarried very early and the positive pregnancy is due to some tissue remaining, but they are also in the opinion that I have had a silent MC and no tissue was found on scan, we have miscarried and near immediately conceived again or the pregnancy is ectopic though l have no symptoms at all of this? Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation?

Borogoves Thu 22-Sep-16 03:03:12

Sorry you are going through this. I have experienced this several times. Are they going to keep monitoring your HCG levels every 48 hours?

kateliz26 Thu 22-Sep-16 03:05:21

I've got to go back friday for another blood test and then we can take it from there. If you don't mind me asking, what has happened in your experience? I was referred to a senior doctor who had no clue what to do with me?

Borogoves Thu 22-Sep-16 13:57:58

Sorry Kate, I fell asleep. I have gone through this scenario three times. Once it was a miscarriage and twice it was an ectopic pregnancy. Were you seen in an Early Pregnancy Unit? How they treat you will depend upon what your second blood result shows and whether it has risen or fallen. If it has risen they will also be looking at how much it has risen by. It's such a worrying time, I really feel for you. Will be thinking of you on Friday. flowers

kateliz26 Thu 22-Sep-16 20:59:28

I was seen by the senior doctor on duty at the EPU who was baffled and told me that she couldn't give me any real answers at the minute which is beyond frustrating. In your case were you displaying any ectopic symptoms? I've had nothing. I feel like I can deal with it and start TTC again but I need some sort of answer angry thank you so much for your well wishes, still half hoping for some sort of miracle flowers

Borogoves Fri 23-Sep-16 01:12:09

To be fair to the doctor it's really impossible to say what's happening with an inconclusive scan and one set of blood results. With my first ectopic I had no symptoms at all. They took bloods every other day for two weeks and the HCG was rising very slowly. After two weeks they rescanned me and saw something in the tube. They then treated me with methotrexate.

With my second I had no symptoms of an ectopic until a few hours before I ruptured. However, I felt very strongly from the moment that I got a positive HPT that it was another ectopic. I went back and forth to the hospital with the doctors trying to tell me it was a normal pregnancy until the point that my tube ruptured. sad However to give you hope my "non viable", slow rising, failing to double HCG pregnancy is tucked up in bed fast asleep. Miracles do happen. Really hope you get yours.

Borogoves Sat 24-Sep-16 21:26:52

Kate, hope yesterday went well and that you got your blood test results. flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now