Does Progesterone delay period?

(5 Posts)
Waitandwine Wed 21-Sep-16 08:45:59

Hi,

I have had 3 miscarriages and been prescribed Progesterone from day 21, but I am now late with BFN and I am sure it's just delayed my period. Has this happened to anyone else?

I would be showing positive now if preg as 16dpo, also no signs and opk's also completely clear (as I know they can also point to preg if they are super dark at missed period) so am 99.9% sure it's the effect of the progesterone.

bananafish81 Wed 21-Sep-16 08:53:10

Yes Progesterone keeps your period away

In the majority of cases, you won't get your period until you stop the progesterone, which is why you have to do a pregnancy test

Your period comes due to falling levels of progesterone, however if you're taking progesterone, even if you're not pregnant your progesterone levels are artificially high, so will in most cases keep your period away

Big love and hugs xx

Waitandwine Wed 21-Sep-16 09:05:59

Thanks so much, that is what I thought, but wanted to check I wasn't mistaken. I will stop it immediately x

Lucinda15 Wed 21-Sep-16 23:47:10

Hello wait!

not sure who prescribed ur progesterone but Coventry told me to take from day 21, then POAS on day 28 and to stop prog then if it was a BFN. Only continue if it's a BFP.

Sorry it seems to be a bfn this month. Fingers crossed for us both that October is luckier!! Xxx

Waitandwine Fri 23-Sep-16 08:38:35

Hi Lucinda,

Yes it was Coventry, I must have missed the bit about stopping at day 28!!!!! I thought you just stopped when you got your period, no wonder it didn't come!

I had my call with them and said keep up the progesterone, no aspirin in any circumstances and good luck. I have got a letter to request my GP to prescribe more progesterone if I run out.

Yes let's hope October is our lucky month. Day two for me today so starting the clomid and keeping everything crossed. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now