Grave markings

(8 Posts)
nearlyreadytopop Tue 20-Sep-16 10:03:31

My son died at 19 weeks gestation. We buried his ashes in an unused family plot in a old country graveyard. I want to put a small gravestone on it but I'm totally lost as to what to write on it... The stone itself will be small and flat so not lots of space.

peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 20-Sep-16 10:08:07

So sorry for your loss flowers. You could write about how wanted and loved your son was.

HighHopes16 Tue 20-Sep-16 13:42:56

Though we never held you in our arms, We will always hold you in our hearts. flowers

nearlyreadytopop Tue 20-Sep-16 13:50:03

Oh high hopes that's lovely.
I'm stuck on dates, do I put the date I gave birth to him?

peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 20-Sep-16 14:09:36

Whatever feels right to you.

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 20-Sep-16 14:16:13

We lost our baby at 20 weeks and chose to remember the date he was born rather than the due date. I'm sorry for your loss.flowers

KittyandTeal Wed 21-Sep-16 14:35:20

We have lost dd2 at 22 weeks and ds at 14 weeks.

Dd2 had t18 and we had a tfmr. Strictly speaking she died 2 days before she was born as we had to have her heart stopped. I cried buckets when filling out her form and trying to fill in the 'date of death' bit. In the end we settled for the date they were born.

This will out me but never mind.

We have: love, like starlight, never dies. On dd2s and 'I am the soft stars that shine at night' for ds. Both came from readings at their services, we both are fascinated with cosmology and astrophysics and so a 'stars' link was special to us. We also considered 'we are made of star stuff' but dh preferred the last quote.

I'm sorry for your loss, it's such a horrific thing to happen 💐

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Sat 24-Sep-16 16:28:04

We used the Sands tagline on DD's grave. It has her name, dob, and "Always loved, never forgotten".
She was 20 weeks.
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now