Recovery from surgical management of missed miscarriage

(3 Posts)
Smurf123 Fri 16-Sep-16 21:10:14

Hi I had the smm on Monday due to a missed miscarriage. But wasn't really told what to expect after.. This was our first pregnancy.. Been tired and a little wobbly all week but the bleeding had tailed off within a day or so and very little cramps.. Until today. We went for a walk.. Not long about 2 miles but with a long break in the middle and very slow pace (we aren't shy to hiking in the mountains) but this was on flat ground. Since then I've felt absolutely wrecked bleeding has started again and bright red (sorry!) and had cramps all afternoon taken both ibrofen and paracetamol and a hot water bottle. I also feel kinda nauseous and a sore head though I dunno if this is related. Is this normal? Don't really know what to expect with it all... :-/

TheLegendOfBeans Fri 16-Sep-16 21:17:00

Hello Smurf, sorry you're having a pants time, I was where you are six weeks ago.

Question; were you under general anaesthetic for the procedure or spinal block?

I had a general but I know that apparently if you have a spinal and you get headaches to call your GP asap (not sure why).

In short, I think you should call your GP if you can hang on tomorrow or alternatively go to your nearest walk in centre. My bleeding eased then reappeared but no cramps. Cramps can mean that there may be stuff left in there that shouldn't be there; to be graphic the procedure is supposed to remove all pregnancy tissue.

Talk to someone soon and meantime alternate paracetamol and ibuprofen.

All the best, you deserve to feel better x

Smurf123 Fri 16-Sep-16 22:05:12

Hi legendofbeans.. Thanks for your reply. In sorry you had to go through the same thing also!

I was under general anaesthetic also.. I have a bit of a fear of dentists, doctors, hospitals which probably isn't helping as well as really not knowing what to expect. The way I was sort of told was that the bleeding would tail off within a few days usually so was a bit of a shock today when it reappeared similar to what it was the day after op..

I'm hoping a good night's sleep might help the cramps / headache.. if not I'll see if I can get a docs appointment..

Thanks for your reply hope things are going better for you xo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now