Upset about exDH new baby

(2 Posts)
WalkingBlind Thu 15-Sep-16 23:43:43

I know that this is just how life works but just found out exDH is having a baby (all FB announced). I don't want him anymore and we split years ago. Our divorce wasn't amicable, we aren't even on speaking terms but we did lose a child during pregnancy and now I'm filled with these awful "that should be my baby" feelings.

I wish nothing but happiness for his little one but live in a v small town so there's no escaping the (let's call him Pete) "have you heard petes having his first kid", "look at the scan of petes first" and his extended family who hate me would be more than happy to declare their "first grandchild" to the world.

I don't know how to deal with these feelings, it's like the grief is pouring back I just wasn't ready for this sad

Blueroses99 Sun 25-Sep-16 16:02:10

I'm sorry for your loss. It's ok to be hurt. It's impossible to predict all the different triggers and it's no surprise that your grief has returned.

Do you have anyone supportive that you can talk to that would be able to support you in your town? Have people mentioned it to you? How are you feeling now? flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now