PUL most likely MMC

(3 Posts)
CynicalHands Sat 03-Sep-16 09:43:39

This has been the saddest and most stressful few days for me and my husband. We are (were?) 10 weeks pregnant. I started getting some light bleeding on Wednesday night which freaked me out. We went to a&e. They said it was probably fine and booked me in for an early scan on Friday. Bled again even lighter and with cramps on Thursday. Rushed to the early pregnancy clinic where they told.me they couldn't do anything I had to wait for the scan. I read lots of threads of people.bleeding and going on to have normal pregnancies. I told myself it's just one of those things. Went for the scan and they couldn't find a baby on the normal ultrasound. They did the invasive scan and they still couldn't find a baby. The nurse came and talked us through the results and told us there's a pregnancy sack but no baby inside so the embryo just hasn't developed so it's most likely a missed miscarriage. They took bloods and I have to go back on Sunday for more bloods to see what my.hormone levels are doing. The uncertainty is hell. They cant say anything for certain but its most likely this. How can I be pregant but there's no baby? If you're pregnant there's a baby sad

I'm scared now about what will happen next. I am still only.bleeding light but from reading posts there will be more bleeding and pain and I won't know when it will happen. I just want it to be over. I had to tell work I was pregnant so I could go for the scan and now I have to tell them I'm not pregnant anymore. I have to tell my mum I'm not pregnant anymore. I understand why people wait now.

sad

Angielka Sat 03-Sep-16 12:59:54

Didn't want to read and run Hands but nothing to say other than I'm so sorry. I had a mc last week at 7 weeks. From what I've read experiences of mc differ quite a lot depending on when it happens.

sad look after yourself flowers

ozmund Sat 03-Sep-16 16:05:34

I'm really sorry you are going through this Hands. I had had 3 miscarriages and the first one was a blighted ovum, where there was just an empty gestational sac. I agree the waiting for further hcg tests and scans is agony, but have come to realise it is just the standard procedure to satisfy themselves that there isn't a mistake with dates (which would explain why nothing on the scan).

As Angielka has said, people have different experiences of miscarriage. With my first I didn't know what to expect, over 12 days my initial spotting got darker, then turned to red blood and got more heavy (so I knew it wouldn't be too long) and eventually I miscarried at home. For me, it was very painful for an hour when I had contractions before passing the sac. However, at this point I was panicking as I didn't know what was going on (everything I had read just described cramping and the EPU had not prepared me for what might happen). I know from other people's descriptions that the pain level has not been as bad for them.

For the second and third, I opted for medical management at the hospital as I didn't want to wait, not knowing when or where the miscarriage might happen, and I wanted to make sure that pain relief was readily available. The nurses really took care of me.

I'm sorry flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now