Miscarried, heartbroken and migraines

(3 Posts)
Sunflower1989 Sun 28-Aug-16 19:34:14

Hi everyone,
This is my first time on here and I feel like a fraud- mums net but not a mum. Anyway, after 8 long-feeling weeks of pregnancy (I was very sore during) I very sadly suffered a missed miscarriage last week. I chose to have a surgical management after a lot of consideration and luckily so far there have been no real issues with that choice.
However, I am now suffering from the worst headaches. I can't bear them. They don't go away with painkillers or sleep. I already feel heartbroken and so emotional. I can't take more time off work (my boss isn't very understanding) but I don't know what to do. Has anyone else experienced this? How long until I can feel like a normal person again? I can't really talk to people- I just feel like I am this sad person walking about trying to be normal when I feel anything but! I only feel okay when with my fiancée, he understands and is really supportive. Any advice would be lovely. Thank you for listening xx

ozmund Mon 29-Aug-16 17:28:25

Hello Sunflower
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I have experienced 2 miscarriages (1 natural, 1 medical management) and am just about to go through my third.
I haven't ever experienced bad headaches or migraines after miscarriage so can't offer much practical help. I was wondering if they might be stress related and so would really suggest taking time out from work just to put yourself first. I absolutely understand how difficult some employers can be but you do really need to look after yourself and give yourself time to process what has happened. If you had surgical management then I am sure the hospital would be able to give you a doctors note. I had to take some time out after my second miscarriage - I don't know why but it hot me much harder than the first. Having just a few days off really helped me.
I also think it would help if you had a third party you could talk to openly about the miscarriage and all the feelings you are experiencing. I think some hospitals offer counseling after miscarriage but have not tried to access this myself. The Miscarriage Association also has a helpline.
I'm sorry I can't be more help xx

Sunflower1989 Fri 02-Sep-16 19:37:16

Hi Ozmund,
Thank you for your supportive message. Thankfully the headaches have calmed down and can be put down to hormone levels dropping and stress. I'm still struggling emotionally and my bleeding seems to stop and then comes back again a couple days later. I don't know if this is normal. Hope you are okay. Thank you again for replying to me. It can feel very lonely. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now