Medical management tomorrow

(5 Posts)
HelloSunshine11 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:32:18

Hi all, found out on Tuesday I've had a second MMC. The first was in Jan and I passed that naturally the day after my scan - it was a horrible experience but was over in a day and I managed it all at home with very little intervention. This time I'm having medical management as there's no sign of anything getting going by itself (though it's only a week since the heartbeat stopped, at 7+6) and I'm so scared. I'm worried that my body isn't ready and it's going to take days / weeks...

Does anyone have any "good" experiences of misoprostol? There are so many horror stories online.

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 12-Aug-16 18:38:17

So sorry for your loss.

No experience I'm afraid but just wanted to say I hope everything went OK today.

cmsconfused Fri 12-Aug-16 18:48:40

I hope everything went as OK as it could today.

I had a medically managed MC 5 years ago, it all happened immediately which was a relief ( if a bit shocking)

KittyandTeal Mon 15-Aug-16 18:34:46

I've had 2 experiences, one for a late mmc and one after a tfmr.

I had a bit of a rough time with it the first time, I was delivering dd2 at 22 weeks after a tfmr so it was going to be rough anyway. It wasn't awful just gave me a temperature and chills which they kept me in for as it could have been an infection (I still don't know if it was an infection or the medication)

The second time was at 14 weeks with ds. I needed much less to induce labour and didn't have any side effects at all.

I'm sorry for your losses. I hope everything has been ok today

HelloSunshine11 Tue 16-Aug-16 22:53:33

A bit late but I just wanted to say thanks for your good wishes. It went better than I could have anticipated and certainly better than the horror stories I'd read the day before. It wasn't pleasant taking the tablets themselves (sublingually) but I didn't have any pain and the worst was over within four hours. That said, five days on I'm still bleeding reasonably heavily and I'm so tired! But it definitely could have been worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now