2nd mmc in 12 months :(

(8 Posts)
Pinksx2016 Fri 29-Jul-16 18:39:03

Absolutely devastated,had a emergency scan at 3 o'clock today due to a slight bleed,i should of been 13 weeks and two days turns out baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks sad

Only difference with my last pregnancy was the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks , and my first baby was a successful healthy little girl where am I going wrong, what's is wrong with me?

If nothing happens by Tuesday ill be having the D&C which i opted for my hospital dont do medical management I'm absolutely terrified of seeing anything so would prefer the op.

Popped into town for some dinner with my partner afterwards and a spot of shopping as we didnt really want to go home and be sat thinking about it but obviously were back now and it's hit us hard ,our daughter is going to be staying with my mum for a few nights incase anything happens which I'm really grateful off but really want her here as she keeps me busy, mine and my OH parents have suggested not having anymore now I feel this is very insensitive after we've just found out weve lost our baby!!

I dont know what I'm trying to get out of this post, but my main concern is loosing the baby at home what am I to expect im sorry if this brings back any bad memories xxx

purpleviolet1 Fri 29-Jul-16 19:04:14

So sorry to hear. I've had two miscarriages also. 12 weeks ( baby stopped growing at around 9 weeks ) and 6 weeks. Take it easy and be kind to yourself xx

Read the below thread it's really helpful

Tips for coping with the practicalities of miscarriage
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/miscarriage/1344311-Tips-for-coping-with-the-practicalities-of-miscarriage

Snowflakes1122 Fri 29-Jul-16 19:58:32

I'm so sorry. flowers

Having had (a failed) medical management that led to an emergency d&c I wouldn't hesitate to have one over medical management anyway. The actual d&c is quick and painless.

I had to wait 10 days after I found out to the actual d&c and not the slightest bit of spotting or anything, so hopefully things will go like that for you too. It's horrible waiting in limbo and knowing though, I now.

Please don't listen to insensitive comments about not having anymore. That was very insensitive of them. I'm sure they didn't mean to upset you though.

Bails4444 Fri 29-Jul-16 22:16:40

I'm so sorry for your losses. I've and had 2 miscarriages - one MMC in April and one natural last week - and have a 2 yr old son. Neither were great obviously but my natural MC was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Just a bad/long period. Be kind to yourself. Lean on your partner. Sending hugs and support your way.

Pinksx2016 Fri 29-Jul-16 22:49:48

I had D&C with my first loss went well no pain afterwards either why I opted for it again, my hospital doesn't do medical management as she said im 12 weeks and would be very painful as it forces cervix to open up,

No sign of naturally as bleeding has stopped what's making it much harder is I'm still feeling and being sick I'm an absolute wreck broke down after being sick. Partner is being fantastic ,when you said going naturally wasnt as bad in what way? Bleeding or pain I'm so terrified,and how far gone were you I don't suppose it makes a difference really its painful whatever I just trying to prepare my self for the worse if my body decides to miscarry before Tuesday thank you for your kind words xxxxxxx

Bails4444 Sat 30-Jul-16 05:41:31

I should have said I also had a d&c with my MMC and it wasn't painful/hardly any bleeding but psychologically I found it very hard to be pregnant, go under general anaesthetic, and then wake up an hour later not pregnant.
With my natural MC the bleeding was very heavy but I had barely any pain. Certainly no labour like contractions some people talk about. I was only 6 weeks along both times which may be one reason everything passed within a week, pretty pain free. But I don't know. Glad you've got a supportive husband. I have never experienced such pyshical and emotional exhaustion in my life. X

Snowflakes1122 Sat 30-Jul-16 08:40:53

I had medical management initially and I was 13 weeks. Baby died at 11 weeks. Hospital policies must differ.
The pain wasn't bad at all, but I had complications with blood loss so I had the d&c. I had passed all but placenta without pain meds as I didn't really need them.

Take it easy over the weekend. I'm glad your partner is being supportive. It's really important to have that support around you now.

It is tough waiting, hopping these days in between go quickly and event free for you.
flowers

McBaby Sat 30-Jul-16 09:21:26

I reccently had a natural miscarrige at 10 weeks baby measured 4/5 and the sac was much better. Pain was like bad period pains and bleeding was like a period with clots for about 7 days with one afternoon of heavy bleeding an day 5.

It was all better than I expected it to me but I had no other choices as I was on holiday in France when I started spotting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now